UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Oh! That's right, Zoku Owarimonogatari releases over here in the US on the 28th, just a week from today. I have that one on pre-order, so it'll arrive in the mail sometime the following week.

EDIT: Looks like RS has them in stock a week early and are shipping them out now, so it should arrive closer to release day. 👍

Last edited:
Hanabee had a year or so of re-evaluation following the end of their deal with Rooster Teeth, which left them a little worse for wear. No releases, and their webshop pretty much died. They issued a statement a month or so ago stating that in 2020, they'll be getting back into releasing anime. That explains the lack of Monogatari and indeed anything else.

Again, I am completely ignorant of rights, disc masters and such, but am I to believe that Australia has a bigger market for anime than the UK? In the sense that mvm are waiting for Hanabee's discs to "copy" them? They don't need that, right?

Why not just move forward themselves since they have long since started releasing monogatari?

I probably wrote some stupid stuff, but I don't know what to make of this 🤷‍♂️

At worst, I've read Aniplex's discs are region free. Worst comes to worst, I'll be getting in on that.

Again, I am completely ignorant of rights, disc masters and such, but am I to believe that Australia has a bigger market for anime than the UK? In the sense that mvm are waiting for Hanabee's discs to "copy" them? They don't need that, right?

Why not just move forward themselves since they have long since started releasing monogatari?

I probably wrote some stupid stuff, but I don't know what to make of this 🤷‍♂️

At worst, I've read Aniplex's discs are region free. Worst comes to worst, I'll be getting in on that.

They didn't wait on Hanabee for Kizumonogatari, so the option is there, but size of companies probably determine how long it takes for deals to be made, and as you say, Aniplex discs are region free; it won't surprise me if they try to eke out as much export profit as possible before licensing them abroad.

Yeah monogatari are the only AOA sets that havent changed from the volume model. (As SAO S3 is one set, Bunny Girl etc was too) and its sub only and they charge like $80 ($60 on TRSI but due to import).

The only anime I ordered from the MVM sale was the Berserk Steelbook and the Champloo Steelbook, and they are both delayed now. Not a big deal to me, They are both double-dips just for the packaging, so I can wait. Except, now they'll ship separately to me overseas, so that has me a little worried if they'll just ship in a wrap instead of a box, and end up getting smashed on the way. :(

My order of Rascal does not dream... says it's been delivered which obviously isn't possible! Sent them a message. I'm guessing theees going to be some teething issues.

I've checked the delivery section of the website, and it does mention something about overseas customers.
It's possible that international delivery could be reinstated once the website is up and running. But I can't say for sure, as I'm a UK customer.

Its nice to actually have a working search bar now! Seems better already.

I hope this doesn't affect my Gundam Origin order too badly though.

Back