UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Rob F1UK

Student Council President
Hi MVM - are you going to add the newly announced Manga Limited Edition releases (SSS Gridman Attack on Titan S3 Part 2, Fruits Basket S1 Part 2 etc) to the store before next Monday so that they can be pre-ordered using the code?

Captaaainuniverse

Time-Traveller
Hi MVM - are you going to add the newly announced Manga Limited Edition releases (SSS Gridman Attack on Titan S3 Part 2, Fruits Basket S1 Part 2 etc) to the store before next Monday so that they can be pre-ordered using the code?
Not sure when they’ll announce those, attack on Titan has much longer to release so I imagine they’ll wait longer for that.
They are also quite demanded releases so I imagine they are rubbing their hands together menacingly to announce them just outside their window for the deal

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler
The Manga rep said they will be sending out the info on Friday and other places should start listing them from there on, guess if they're up before the code expires depends on when on Friday and how long such a thing takes to do (add in MVM are already pretty busy). It would be great if they could get them into the system before their sale ends though (or even just Gridman, if I'm being selfish :p ).

MVM

MVM Representative
Industry Representative
First I've heard of all this tbh, but considering how manic it is, barely have time to look at anything else. But if the info is going out Friday, chances are it will miss the sale code.

Oldmario

Great Teacher
got an email for my day 11 mvm stuff, i think all that's left is i think day 10 or 11 AL stuff and obviously the funi stuff

Takei Daloui

Dandy Guy, in Space
I used the voucher to get the "upgraded" Code Geass discs for a good discount (half the price of Amazon almost)
Upgraded?

If they're all the same price they work out at £36.40 plus shipping with the 20% off code. Not far off half what Zavvi are charging.
Zombieland Saga was around £30 yesterday. I should have acted then and there because it shot back up today. On the plus side waiting for this sale got me Gridman there. I'd hoped they would pop up in time for the sale.

Oldmario

Great Teacher
Upgraded?

Zombieland Saga was around £30 yesterday. I should have acted then and there because it shot back up today. On the plus side waiting for this sale got me Gridman there. I'd hoped they would pop up in time for the sale.
kaze release is 2 discs for each season vs 4 discs for each season on the funi side

João Gomes

Do people outside the UK have to wait a long time for their packages to arrive? My Land of the Lustrous was sent on the 19th January and still hasn't arrived. I know we had Christmas in-between, but it strikes me as kind of a long time 🤔

Hoping Monogatari 1st season doesn't take as long.

WMD

Stand User
Do people outside the UK have to wait a long time for their packages to arrive? My Land of the Lustrous was sent on the 19th January and still hasn't arrived. I know we had Christmas in-between, but it strikes me as kind of a long time 🤔

Hoping Monogatari 1st season doesn't take as long.
I'm guessing you meant December and yeah I'd contact MVM directly at this point. Here in the UK it's weird for their stuff to spend more than 2 days being delivered.

João Gomes

I'm guessing you meant December and yeah I'd contact MVM directly at this point. Here in the UK it's weird for their stuff to spend more than 2 days being delivered.
Oops, yeah, that!

I think I'll wait for the Monogatari set to arrive and then see try to see what's up with Lustrous. I've only ordered directly from them once before this, and I don't remember it being this long... Thank you!