UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I really hope so. AOL is my preferred anime retailer for new releases, but I'd probably buy anything above €22 on Amazon if I'd have to start paying for customs.

Wasn't it told there would be no fees in a no deal brexit. And it looks like we be part of the EU rules till 2020 if the deal passes
Honestly that's the first thing I heard about this. I hope they decide on what the f they're going to do soon, because its getting way too messy for everyone involved.

I must admit though, UK politicians make great entertainment, its like watching monkeys in a zoo

Great to see Girl's Last Tour get confirmed with the important Sentai extras (i.e. the production materials) intact. Fingers crossed they have access to the same image assets, as both the slipcase and the extras casing have stunning illustrations.

Seeing the first two Kizu sets show up is also welcome, even if the films never made as much of an impression on me as most of the tv installments. If MVM have another 20% off deal around Easter, I'll be sure to snap them up.

Now to wait and see if Hakumei & Mikochi is considered enough of a risk to license in the UK. It's the final recent Sentai acquisition that I'm definitely interested in, bar some of classic stuff that probably won't ever get picked up here, like Ideon & Votoms

Honestly that's the first thing I heard about this. I hope they decide on what the f they're going to do soon, because its getting way too messy for everyone involved.

I must admit though, UK politicians make great entertainment, its like watching monkeys in a zoo
Tell me about it. They're against a backstop which they negotiated for to prevent the UK from breaking the Good Friday/Belfast agreement, which they are already in breach of by having the DUP as coalition partners.

Wasn't it told there would be no fees in a no deal brexit. And it looks like we be part of the EU rules till 2020 if the deal passes
Last thing I heard is if they don't manage that very deal for a transition period until 2020 with the EU (which they already voted against once UK-side last month), then it will be instant Third-Country status customs-wise, i.e. threated the same as importing from the US. As of yet that deal is not fixed at all.

Last thing I heard is if they don't manage that very deal for a transition period until 2020 with the EU (which they already voted against once UK-side last month), then it will be instant Third-Country status customs-wise, i.e. threated the same as importing from the US.
No - even worse:
UK has no tax-exemption for mail orders to Third-Countrys. So you'll get charged the british VAT + the local Import-VAT (+ handling fees).
Australia, US and others have such tax-exemptions so you'll only have to pay your local Import VAT (+ handling fees)

Back