UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Hmm, it's great they're being transparent and giving the heads up about the second season, but don't you think that tweet probably just killed a lot of their sales of the first season sets? :oops:

Of course, they could still possibly get the licence for Season 2 later on, maybe. I'm not a fan of the series whatsoever, just saying...
It being in the mystery box kinda suggests it’s never sold well I guess how long ago the US got it kinda did that too

Oh, it was already out - for some reason I was thinking Season 1 wasn't released yet over there. I guess what I read elsewhere a while back was regarding Season 2, then. Then that tweet doesn't really matter. Nevermind, lol...

Hmm, it's great they're being transparent and giving the heads up about the second season, but don't you think that tweet probably just killed a lot of their sales of the first season sets? :oops:

Of course, they could still possibly get the licence for Season 2 later on, maybe. I'm not a fan of the series whatsoever, just saying...
Yes it killed soms sales If i had konw this i i of course had not buy it

This seems to happen a lot to MVM, sadly (not that it hasn't also happened with Manga and AL, but not to the same degree). It seems a like a self-fulfilling prophecy now - They can't release further seasons/parts because the first parts sell too poorly to justify it, and the first parts probably sell poorly because people expect them not to release the second parts. I can't blame MVM for not releasing things that aren't going to make them any money (they are a business at the end of the day) but I wish it weren't so. I'd like to support more UK releases, but it's annoying to have to start importing part way through a series and then end up with a non-matching set.

This seems to happen a lot to MVM, sadly (not that it hasn't also happened with Manga and AL, but not to the same degree). It seems a like a self-fulfilling prophecy now - They can't release further seasons/parts because the first parts sell too poorly to justify it, and the first parts probably sell poorly because people expect them not to release the second parts. I can't blame MVM for not releasing things that aren't going to make them any money (they are a business at the end of the day) but I wish it weren't so. I'd like to support more UK releases, but it's annoying to have to start importing part way through a series and then end up with a non-matching set.
Yeah. I'd love to buy all of Hidamari Sketch from them :(

I do wonder if Heavens Lost Property was thrown in with another licence. As others have stated it's been out in America for quite some time. It doesn't happen that often these days but I can see why folks are frustrated.

Gotta say I've owned the US set since it came out but purchased the deal of the week because i'd like to support them and hopefully they'll see people want season 2. Better yet, put season 2 out with a chipboard artbox with room for 1,2 and movie and youd probably get a lot of double dippers.

I can dream dammit!

How long until that gets an english release though? A year? 2 years? Its a bit different to licensing only season 1 of a show that ended years ago.

Back