UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Robbl said:
But it seems theat they didn't put their MVM logo on the Eccentric Familiy's art box but the age restriction is still there.
All the logos/info, etc is actually printed on the bottom of the Eccentric Family box.

I don't buy DVD on release anymore as they're just not worth much to me compared to bluray & I'm always disappointed when companies don't bother if there's already a BD release out there.

The biggest upcoming letdown is Haibane Renmei which will probably be picked up on a dotw by me now. If mvm had put the effort in & released it on bluray I'd have preordered it.

Beck is of moderate interest to me but I can't justify prioritizing it over upcoming bluray releases & it's currently cheaper to import so I will probably wait for the AL to drop in price closer to the save edition.

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The Japanese Haibane Renmei Blu-Ray is genuinely borderline-unwatchably bad from the screencaps I've seen. Worse than the DVD.

Yami said:
The Japanese Haibane Renmei Blu-Ray is genuinely borderline-unwatchably bad from the screencaps I've seen. Worse than the DVD.

Thanks for the info. I knew it'd just be an upscale but I'm surprised the quality is much worse. One of my biggest reasons for wanting blu-ray is the subtitles as they never upscale that well from dvd and I find they detract from the anime. Maybe it's just me but I also find myself growing tired faster when reading upscaled subs to native Blu-ray so I end up watching less episodes per session.

serpantino said:
Yami said:

Thanks for the info. I knew it'd just be an upscale but I'm surprised the quality is much worse. One of my biggest reasons for wanting blu-ray is the subtitles as they never upscale that well from dvd and I find they detract from the anime. Maybe it's just me but I also find myself growing tired faster when reading upscaled subs to native Blu-ray so I end up watching less episodes per session.

Screencap comparisons here

Also, these are DVD comparisons but the Funi release is sourced from the upscaled Blu-Ray master.

How comes we don't have an mvm discussion thread?
I feel bad hijacking AL's to discuss a license they don't have.

serpantino said:
How comes we don't have an mvm discussion thread?
I feel bad hijacking AL's to discuss a license they don't have.

I have now bent time and space in order to right this wrong and prevent the first post being a complaint >_>

R

CpfF045XYAAeqUZ.jpg

Yeeeesssss!!!! (To the first two)

Berserk and Ergo Proxy are £34.99 on MVM's store. (£49.99 RRP)
Chobits is £27.99 (£39.99 RRP)

Hmm.. special editions for Berserk and Ergo?

Yeeeesssss!!!! (To the first two)

Berserk and Ergo Proxy are £34.99 on MVM's store. (£49.99 RRP)
Chobits is £27.99 (£39.99 RRP)

Hmm.. special editions for Berserk and Ergo?

Personally I think it's because Chobits has been around for a while now on Blu-ray, so the SRP is much lower. The other two on the the other hand, have never been released on Blu-ray in English zones before.

These are awesome - had a feeling they would come at some point or other (especially Berserk and Ergo Proxy) but great that it's sooner rather than later.

Back