UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Hanabee have a history of not great authoring, crap menus bad sub fonts and other stuff but it isn't an issue to most so...
But as its a sentai title I expect they just cloned it so that's fine and it will be a fine release.

Can't say I've noticed anything bad in the Hanabee titles i've seen; however majority of the ones I own are originally Sentai Filmwork licensed titles and they pretty much replicate the Sentai experience (well the presentation, audio and subtitle formats at least).

MVM have announced

Girls Beyond Wasteland
Invaders of the Rokujyoma
and Girls Und Panzer OVA & Movie! (so rare to see MVM doing film)

I shall definitely be buying the latter.

MVM have announced

Girls Beyond Wasteland
Invaders of the Rokujyoma
and Girls Und Panzer OVA & Movie! (so rare to see MVM doing film)

I shall definitely be buying the latter.

Basically only 2 new titles announced (GuP and Invaders). I figured that was the case considering MVM already has plenty of shows on their backlog to release.

MVM have confirmed to me via twitter that the Berserk set will be a clone of Madmans.
MVMEntertainment on Twitter

On that note, this reminded me (as I don't think it was mentioned publicly) that I was informed at the weekend that the reason for MVM Entertainment delaying their Berserk Blu-ray release is to swap out the outer box that Madman are using with a rigid one instead, hence it being pushed back to January as there's around a two month lead time on producing the upgraded box.

Rail Wars was that anime about Death Star safety, right?

It's about being de-railed in many ways...

AC1zmaq.gif

MVM has said on their facebook page that they did try for Higurashi in the UK but unfortunately it won't be from them.

That is honestly a shame. I'm a huge 07th Expansion fan, and Higurashi was a really decent adaption of the sound novels.

I still hope for a day they finish Umineko, and actually animate the Chiru volumes (I highly doubt it with the **** adaption of the first half)

That is honestly a shame. I'm a huge 07th Expansion fan, and Higurashi was a really decent adaption of the sound novels.

I still hope for a day they finish Umineko, and actually animate the Chiru volumes (I highly doubt it with the **** adaption of the first half)

Just because it's not coming from MVM doesn't mean it's not coming at all. Andy Hanley on Twitter said someone is releasing it in 2017, but he's obviously not saying who. My bet would be on Manga, since AL don't do Sentai shows, or perhaps Universal.

Back