UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

@MVM any chance of Gantz on Blu ray considering the recent BD releases of Gonzo titles recently? :) As well, is there also the possiblity of you releasing the Iria Blu ray in the future?
I believe we did look into this a while back but it seems there hasn't been a western release on BD (if I'm wrong please feel free to correct). I see there was a Spanish edition back in 2022, so why it didn't get released in the US is unknown. Possible a rights issue/expired license and hasn't been rescued.

If we did go into it, it would appear we'd have to master the discs, similar to Yuuna.

I believe we did look into this a while back but it seems there hasn't been a western release on BD (if I'm wrong please feel free to correct). I see there was a Spanish edition back in 2022, so why it didn't get released in the US is unknown. Possible a rights issue/expired license and hasn't been rescued.
The short answer is Crunchyroll hasn’t been too interested in re-releasing their back catalog in North America unless it’s a Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho.

It’s mostly just been Germany or Spain putting classic 2000s anime on Blu-ray.

I’d say the ball’s in your court if you want to be the first English language company to put Gantz or Hellsing or even Mushi-shi on Blu-ray.

The short answer is Crunchyroll hasn’t been too interested in re-releasing their back catalog in North America unless it’s a Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho.

It’s mostly just been Germany or Spain putting classic 2000s anime on Blu-ray.

I’d say the ball’s in your court if you want to be the first English language company to put Gantz or Hellsing or even Mushi-shi on Blu-ray.
Isn't Hellsing on blu-ray? Or is that merely ultimate.

Ergo Proxy for £14.99 is the deal of the week if you need to cheer yourself up!

The series full of sunshine and flowers. 😶

It is one of those essential ‘crafted and structured fable’ types that I do particularly like, but I’ve already got it twice over - otherwise I’d buy it again.

The series full of sunshine and flowers. 😶

It is one of those essential ‘crafted and structured fable’ types that I do particularly like, but I’ve already got it twice over - otherwise I’d buy it again.

I did... Got it on DVD, got the US Blu-ray, figured I'd buy the UK Blu-ray as a spare just in case the US discs rot or something.

Early Bird tease for Samurai Champloo, as MVM have already released this on standard and steelbook I'd like to assume this may be a LE / CE possibly?

I suppose with the steel book being out of print, they may want to put out another "nicer" edition.

A collector's edition of Samurai Champloo could very well do with the soundtrack being included on CD and some other goodies. If it's just a couple of art cards in a cardboard box, then I'm not fussed and content with just having the standard edition.

Back