UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

RE: Paranoia Agent. I’ve ordered it now it’s back on the early bird offer, was in 2 minds and missed it. I’ve now had this, got rid of it, rebought the DVD set, not got round to watching it and now ordering the Blu-ray set 🤣

You mean movie #9 (well chapter 8 barely count's as a movie though)

And it's this one
View attachment 17328

Ah yes that is one of the specials I have, worth a watch if you've seen 1-7?

There is a recalled out summer: extra chorus as well but that looked kind of slice of life to me.

Edit - at some point I will definitely need to re-watch the whole thing as there is a lot going on, I think it would benefit a lot from a 2nd viewing.

Ah yes that is one of the specials I have, worth a watch if you've seen 1-7?

There is a recalled out summer: extra chorus as well but that looked kind of slice of life to me.
I haven't seen it so I can't rightly say. All I know is that it's set well after the original story but am eager to check it out.

Btw don't you have chapter 8 which is the epilogue for the original series?

I haven't seen it so I can't rightly say. All I know is that it's set well after the original story but am eager to check it out.

Btw don't you have chapter 8 which is the epilogue for the original series?

I kind of operate backwards, I will watch stuff then buy it, rather than buy it to watch it. This is mainly due to limited space to store stuff, preferring digital media over physical for central watched db, and financial budget. This means I have all of the extra episodes beyond 7 I think.

Saying that I have enjoyed Garden of Sinners so the big old boxset with 1-8 is going on my shopping list :)

I kind of operate backwards, I will watch stuff then buy it, rather than buy it to watch it. This is mainly due to limited space to store stuff, preferring digital media over physical for central watched db, and financial budget. This means I have all of the extra episodes beyond 7 I think.

Saying that I have enjoyed Garden of Sinners so the big old boxset with 1-8 is going on my shopping list :)
The best way honestly, I usualy watch on crunchyroll before I buy something. Anything written by Nasu is an instant buy for me though lol.

I can neither confirm nor deny if I am going to watch recalled out of summer tonight through backdoor methods as a result of this conversation. 🤫

Another thing I can say though is it does act as the official sequal which I forgot to mention.

The best way honestly, I usualy watch on crunchyroll before I buy something. Anything written by Nasu is an instant buy for me though lol.

I can neither confirm nor deny if I am going to watch recalled out of summer tonight through backdoor methods as a result of this conversation. 🤫

Another thing I can say though is it does act as the official sequal which I forgot to mention.

I didn't realise they were doing a sequel, I like how it all ties into the same universe as Fate. I started with Fate/Zero, then Fate/UBW, then Garden of Sinners. I need to do the Heavens Feel movies but I'm waiting for general availability on the 3rd one.

Other than those, what other Nasuverse stuff would you recommend? I prefer the more serious nature of the 3 mentioned above, rather than the slice of life style of something like the Fate/Prisma Illya.

Great news about Paranoia Agent being uncut. Dunno if to pull the trigger now (not keen on paying for things this many weeks in advance) or wait to see if MVM do their usual 20% off code at Easter. That would, I think, make it cheaper than the early bird price 🤔

Great news about Paranoia Agent being uncut. Dunno if to pull the trigger now (not keen on paying for things this many weeks in advance) or wait to see if MVM do their usual 20% off code at Easter. That would, I think, make it cheaper than the early bird price 🤔

Could pre-order, lock in now price, if cheaper at Easter replace with new order at cheaper price.

Other than those, what other Nasuverse stuff would you recommend? I prefer the more serious nature of the 3 mentioned above, rather than the slice of life style of something like the Fate/Prisma Illya.
The two big ones that pop to mind are Tsukihime which unfortunately doesn't have an anime and Fate Grand Order which only has a partial anime adaptation. For anime recommendations I think you are good. There is the DEEN version of F/SN which adapts the Saber route. It's not the best but it's servicable.

The two big ones that pop to mind are Tsukihime which unfortunately doesn't have an anime and Fate Grand Order which only has a partial anime adaptation. For anime recommendations I think you are good. There is the DEEN version of F/SN which adapts the Saber route. It's not the best but it's servicable.

Thanks, good to hear! I am looking forward to watching the heavens feel films when I can do them in sequence. Think the 3rd one is meant to be this year sometime so not too long to wait fingers crossed.

My Fate/UBW CE is on pre-order 🥰

The two big ones that pop to mind are Tsukihime which unfortunately doesn't have an anime ...

If you mean Tsukihime Lunar Legend, then MVM released the series on 3 DVDs in 2005. I thought it was rather average at first, but it has grown on me with each rewatch. Never seen the original source material to compare it to, but it has atmosphere and style, but if you're expecting ufotable quality then no. I do prefer it to Deen's original Fate/Stay Night though.

If you mean Tsukihime Lunar Legend, then MVM released the series on 3 DVDs in 2005. I thought it was rather average at first, but it has grown on me with each rewatch. Never seen the original source material to compare it to, but it has atmosphere and style, but if you're expecting ufotable quality then no. I do prefer it to Deen's original Fate/Stay Night though.

What anime? I don't see any anime :p

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks, good to hear! I am looking forward to watching the heavens feel films when I can do them in sequence. Think the 3rd one is meant to be this year sometime so not too long to wait fingers crossed.

My Fate/UBW CE is on pre-order 🥰
I was browsing while in a virtual meeting for work that took all morning so I wasn't really thinking properly.

As I was corrected there was a Tsukihime anime but it goes wildly off track from the original story so fans of Nasu ignore it as something unrelated.

The Fate Stay Night adaptation by DEEN is a decent adaptation of the Saber route although it adds some of it's own objectional story elements which isn't that great, and ruins a small part of Heaven's Feel as a result (though if you have seen Fate Zero it isn't much of a spoiler anymore).

There is another Visual Novel called Mahou Tsukai no Yoru which I hope get's an anime. It's closely related to Tsukihime and Garden of Sinners.

For Fate Grand Order which is the latest in the canon, the two Anime to watch are FGO: First order and FGO: Babylonia. There is an upcoming series of movies which adapt the camelot arc and another series that adapts the Solomon arc which I am looking out for.

There is also El-Melloi II which is a side story set between Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night which follows Waver between the two.

I was browsing while in a virtual meeting for work that took all morning so I wasn't really thinking properly.

As I was corrected there was a Tsukihime anime but it goes wildly off track from the original story so fans of Nasu ignore it as something unrelated.

The Fate Stay Night adaptation by DEEN is a decent adaptation of the Saber route although it adds some of it's own objectional story elements which isn't that great, and ruins a small part of Heaven's Feel as a result (though if you have seen Fate Zero it isn't much of a spoiler anymore).

There is another Visual Novel called Mahou Tsukai no Yoru which I hope get's an anime. It's closely related to Tsukihime and Garden of Sinners.

For Fate Grand Order which is the latest in the canon, the two Anime to watch are FGO: First order and FGO: Babylonia. There is an upcoming series of movies which adapt the camelot arc and another series that adapts the Solomon arc which I am looking out for.
Considering the Tsukihime visual novel remake is coming out this Summer in Japan, it would not surprise me if Ufotable decides to work on a new adaptation once Demon Slayer is sorted.

Considering the Tsukihime visual novel remake is coming out this Summer in Japan, it would not surprise me if Ufotable decides to work on a new adaptation once Demon Slayer is sorted.
That would be great. The Tsukihime remake was always going to be a hot topic as fans have been waiting for literally years and yet we knew we wouldn't be able to read the damn thing until an english patch gets made lol.

That would be great. The Tsukihime remake was always going to be a hot topic as fans have been waiting for literally years and yet we knew we wouldn't be able to read the damn thing until an english patch gets made lol.
Yeah, especially considering CloverWorks is handling Grand Order's next arc (the one announced after Babylonia) and since other studios have been working on various Fate spin-off properties, it gives Ufotable room to do something else with Type-Moon so Tsukihime, Fate/Hollow or their development hell project Girls' Work are the remaining options now.

Random note: Just remembered that Fate/Extra video game remake is also coming soon and I'm playing Fate/Extella aka Fate Musou lol

Good news everybody!
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

It really is. Well done and a huuuge thank you to @MVM for finally bringing uncut Paranoia Agent to the UK. I'm very glad I pre-ordered the CE.

As I insist on giving credit where it's due, props also to the BBFC for allowing MVM to submit just the episode in question and in finally reaching the right decision. I reckon this rather vindicates the views of those who felt that the original censorship of the material was inappropriate.

Today is a great day in anime history, I'd say.

Back