UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Great news for the new parts.

I kind of hope for a 3rd season collection myself at some point, being a big fan of seasons/collections rather than parts :)
Likewise exactly, my hope is an eventual season 3 boxset when I can then sell off the individual parts like I did with season 2. Just don't want to risk not having all of monogatari in the interim!

Not sure it would be final season, they are planning to make more I think?

I really liked how the seasons to date have ended, there was a point I think when they could have just finished it, but instead they did some more. I wasn't sure how they could carry it on, but I enjoyed the newer stuff regardless even after the point where they could have finished it.

Yeah I think owarimonogatari completed the story very nicely in the end. Zokuowarimonogatari was very much an extended epilogue and I think would've been better released out of chronological order like Hanamonogatari, which I thought was a great touch even if the story wasn't the best in the series. In fact, I think I'll watch zoku before owari when I re-watch the series.

I believe off season refers to the subsequent light novels in the series which go further into the future with the characters stories, though I haven't read any of those and not yet planning to as for me a significant enjoyment of the anime series has been the visual quirks and direction.

I think I've been really lucky as I only started watching it recently, so I had like 100 episodes to watch (some longer like Kizu films, some shorter like the Koyomi ones).

It was a bit daunting at first having so many, but I realised after I watched them all that it was so good not having to wait for new arc releases as I went along! I can safely say I'd watch more Monogatari if they made more with the same quality.

Back