MICHAEL JACKSONS DEAD!?!?!

Spyro201 said:
SundayMorningCall said:
also the media coverage is appaling, how many people died today, how many wars going on? yet none of them make it near the headlines, its all about 1 celebrity

That would be because he was the King of Pop and has affected people all around the globe with his music.

out of 6 billion humans, the number he affected is actually quite small, but i see your point, i still dont think that makes his death more important than the other things going on in the world atm, tbh if people/media cared as much about politics as they do about MJ then things would be very different imo

Spyro201 said:
SundayMorningCall said:
also the media coverage is appaling, how many people died today, how many wars going on? yet none of them make it near the headlines, its all about 1 celebrity

That would be because he was the King of Pop and has affected people all around the globe with his music.

Ranka Lee saved the universe with his songs and dancing, she doesn't get a special day :(

maybe it's all a cover up by N Korea so the world missed there "we will destroy the US if they attack us" claim

Rui said:
I don't think it's right to call him a paedophile when he was cleared of it. We are all at liberty to have our personal opinions about him but our country does (supposedly) run on the assumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty. A lot of his personal lifestyle choices were confusing however he's dead now so it's probably the right thing to do to let the rumours fade until solid proof one way or another is brought forward.

Reasonable gallows humour is fine but remember a lot of people grew up respecting the guy; please respect their feelings too. I think it was nice the way people were putting the darker remarks in spoiler tags so readers would know what to expect. I had to sit at work all day with our neighbours blasting Thriller endlessly and making lewd jokes, then in the same breath complaining that there's too much news coverage about it! People act quite strangely when they are shocked.

Hopefully the money the massive surge in sales is raising will go to his kids when they come of age. From the sound of reports his finances weren't in good shape; they could probably do with the help.

R

Thats what i meant in my post. Show the guy some respect basically, he may have been suspected of being a paedophile, but he was cleared, so we now don't have any proof to call him as such, and yeah as you say, innocent until proven guilty, which in this case he wasn't.

He was strange as i said before, but he was/is the King of Pop, whether you like him or hate him, you can't really deny that and as such, should respect him for it. I personally hate seeing any horrid jokes being made about anyone who has died really, it just seems rather immature if i'm being honest.

but as i said, he wasn't proven innocent, on the first case, he just bought a get outta jail free card

by that logic O J Simpson was innocent too

I'm not the biggest fan but I grew up listening to him like most in their 20's-30's. To start with, I find it kind of sad and pathetic that people have already started cracking out the jokes. Just shows what a cold society we have become. I seriously give up more and more with this country.

As for MJ himself, forget his private life because nothing was ever proved and I don't think anyone can begin to understand him and why he was the way he was (I personally feel like he just enjoyed being around kids and that's as far as it went but again, I guess that's how our society has become, if a man likes kids and they're not his own, people instantly look at him like some kind of weirdo). Anyway, above all, this guy will be remembered as a musical genius and as everyone has said 'The king of pop'. There's no denying that.

And on a final note, a fitting quote 'Ridicule is the burden of genius'.

I was genuinely shocked to hear this news yesterday. I actually thought my friend was playing some kind of joke when she told me. The most famous person in the world is dead and it's really hard to believe.

I was never a 'fan' (he was before my time) but it's a shame that his musical genius has been tainted by hideous opportunists who took advantage of the cynicism of other people. He was a pretty bizarre character, but all the evidence indicates that he very obviously did not ever molest children. He was a fantastic musician and should be remembered as such!

Been listening to him consistently since his death. I was in shock all of yesterday, but now I've finished with my mourning and have become an even bigger fan. Thursday night was awful, Dad puts on Sky News and Michael Jackson is dead... then he was reportedly in a coma for a few minutes (which seems to not have happened)... then he was dead. Shook me up for a while.

Mysterious and sad. :/

Well as i said, fate will determin how his life really was, As a person, we'll just have to wait an see, but as an musician, i do have nothing but the upmost respect

RetroRainbow said:
Otaku-san said:
RetroRainbow said:
Oh, well.

Ladies and Gentlemen i give you the most sympathetic post of the thread

8)

Seriously though, I don't really care that he's dead. Of course, he had a deep impact on the music industry, and I suppose at the time, it's no wonder he was deeply revered. He contributed so much, and all that. But I never liked his music. It was like when Heath Ledger died last year. I didn't care either. People were like, 'why don't you?', and I was like, 'why should I?'.

lady i didn't give a toss either.

and neither do i give a toss about you not giving a toss

dosn't mean i can't widdle out others

iisan said:
I was out tonight, and unsurpisingly they were playing beat it and billie jean everywhere.
On several electronic music forums I frequent lots of people were searching for, and creating their own, Michael Jackson remixes. I can't see this resurgance going away for at least a couple of weeks :roll:

Maltos said:
iisan said:
I was out tonight, and unsurpisingly they were playing beat it and billie jean everywhere.
On several electronic music forums I frequent lots of people were searching for, and creating their own, Michael Jackson remixes. I can't see this resurgance going away for at least a couple of weeks :roll:

thank god i've a huge jpop list to keep me away from it

I know so much about Michael Jackson now. Seriously, I love having conversations about it. I whip out a statistic here, and quote there, It's awesome.

God damn i love Thriller and Beat it but i don't think i can stand another "news report" on MJ it's Diana all over again.

Stop watching the news, they say it's bad for you anyway. Besides, if there was anyone who's life and death would be dissected this much it's Michael Jackson. Whether certain people like it or not, he is probably the most well known man in the world.

I've never been a massive fan but watching most of his videos on the music channels over the last few days have made me appreciate how many great hits he had, even the more over-the-top ones from the 90's.

1246219083999.jpg

Back