MCM Manchester '15 x Otakon '15 News Thread

Speed Racer is one hell of a surprise on Funimation's panel.

What's interesting is that this title is not part of the Tatsunoko deal that Sentai Filmworks had.

Dannielle said:
Lots of interesting news coming out, very into this steelbox (do they mean steelbook?) release for Gankutsuou

Steelbook is a brand name. Steelbox is a term I've heard used to describe metal pack/iron pack releases (like elfen lied from 101 films) so potentially they're not using scanavo and are going this route.

britguy said:
Dannielle said:
Lots of interesting news coming out, very into this steelbox (do they mean steelbook?) release for Gankutsuou

Steelbook is a brand name. Steelbox is a term I've heard used to describe metal pack/iron pack releases (like elfen lied from 101 films) so potentially they're not using scanavo and are going this route.

Ah, I see. Ta :3

Yeah the Gatchaman set from Sentai was one of the greatest if not the greatest bang for your bucks ever. 2720 minutes and 14 50GB Blu-rays full of pure awesomeness all topped off with some stunning Alex Ross artwork which is why I thought that this would be a Senati release too. Surprised Funi went for it.

Gundam stuff! \o/ Maybe I don't have to import all the things any more.

NormanicGrav said:
MCM MANCHESTER: ANIME LIMITED

- The hope is that any bubble will deflate slowly rather than bursting suddenly.
Worrying that that is the "hope". Presumably that means the "expectation" is something a lot worse.

britguy said:
Beyond The Boundary seems like a good license, you people know more about this stuff than me, is it?
It is the most medium of mediums. 2013 was not really KyoAni's year.

Added Parasyte & Attack on Titan live action movies to my Birthday/Christmas list. A Letter to Momo will be joining them as well.

Beck, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Gundam, Ping Pong are maybes. I will check them out online, minus Gundam, first before I decide.

For the record, Manga's licence for Noein probably expired around the end of 2013 as that's when it started disappearing from streaming sites.

Noein and Speed Racer are big surprises!

Noein's fantastic, in my opinion - a really smart little show. Here's hoping it gets some love second ime around. I need to dig my copy out for a re-watch.

Speed Racer's going to be an interesting one to see how it gets handled. I presume it'll get a DVD release as well as Blu Ray. Are they going to re-dub, perhaps? Or simply re-package the old TV dub?

Eeeeeeenterestinks!

OTAKON: VIZ MEDIA (SHOJO BEAT)

Only 1 title has been announced for the Shojo Beat label.

Keiko Ishihara's The Heiress and the Chauffeur (Ojō-sama no Untenshu)

Volume 1 will be available in May.

ilmaestro said:
britguy said:
Beyond The Boundary seems like a good license, you people know more about this stuff than me, is it?
It is the most medium of mediums. 2013 was not really KyoAni's year.
But but but the upcoming Sentai LE is so pretty :-/

Good news for me, personally, about Gundam. No interest so money saved! Maybe I'll give Noein another chance, though. Sometimes it seems as though I'm the only person on the planet who didn't think it was great.

- Goodnight Pun Pun ~ manga
Clearly the best announcement by a mile. For a long while I thought we'd seen the last of Asano Inio, but with this and A Girl On the Shore coming early next year, he is most definitely BACK.

Back