MCM Comic Con London: May 2018 Edition Announcements Thread

Well this year alone among other things we have already announced Persona 5, Lupin III Part V, Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory in TV series and Penguin Highway and Mirai in film.

Plenty more on the go too so with that in mind, what exactly did you imagine ^^;;;?

AP

Hey, I have not said that this year is bad, not at all, this year announcements until now is pretty great, Lupin/Persona5/Penguin/Sound Eupho/Amanchu/the movies from Yuasa/ Violet Evergarden/ etc.
It's just that in comparaison thoses announcement from today are... pretty poor, not that thoses shows are bad, but there are so many others great great shows that deserve more love, Mushishi S2, Yamato, Ano Natsu, Clannad, Katanagatari, Spice and wolf, Gunbuster, Kyousogiga, etc. etc. those are in my opinion way better than what you announced today.
But i know I can't demand to have everything, but i can't help being disapointed.

PS : I'm not very happy with FMP Invisible Victory since the production value of that show are so so so bad because of Xebex.

Last edited:
Not much for me today, but I was happy with a lot of Friday's stuff. Cowboy Bebop will forever be a favourite of mine, but I'm not a expensive collectors edition guy, so since I have the series and film on blu-ray already, I doubt I'll be tempted to rebuy...

Mmm, I think Amanchu is probably the only one I might be interested in. I only recently started watching it on Crunchyroll, partly because of the new season starting and partly because of the link with Aria (I would like to see Aria on Blu-ray in the UK too, especially as I backed the guidebook in Nozomi's Kickstarter but not the Blu-rays due to having no way to play Region A discs and wanting to support the UK anime industry).

Super pleased with today's announcements, I never got around to watching the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie because it was never released in the UK (although I watched the first movie to death when I was younger) and with the hint of AL releasing the TV series I can't wait to finally own and re-watch it all. Also have no doubts that AL will release a far more aesthetically pleasing set compared to the NIS America one.

The new transfer of Perfect Blue sounds exciting, its been a while since I watched the previous Bluray release, but I can remember there were a few blurry shots within the film that will benefit from a new transfer as they stood out so much compared to the rest of movie.

I can honestly say I have no interest in any of the titles announced by anime limited. Perfect Blue is the only one I'm tempted to pick up but there is no way I'm buying Beebop again.

Without Funimation or Crunchroll titles AL seem to be returning to more niche titles which means I will probably be importing more in the future.

I'll defo replace my Perfect Blue CE with the new release IF the packaging is normal sized as I really don't want huge over-sized sets again (That's why I am very tempted to cancel my GitS set, as much as I want the show on BD the set is HUGE). If the Cowboy Bebop set is nice I'll buy that again too, don't care for anything else tbh.

Not a great weekend for announcements tbh, I guess back in the day stuff like Persona and FMP would have been saved for MCM (not that those would be great announcements either, tbf) but now days they are announced much earlier, which is fine, just makes MCM seem a bit crap for news.

Nothing for me, I'll be curious about the Bebop Set but I'm personally not a fan of the new Ultimate Edition setups AL have done with E7 and Wolfs Rain so I'll likely pass in the end.

Definitely Perfect Blue. I have 2 copies of the DVD, one in the Manga Force Collection and the AL one by accident so an upgrade with all the other stuff sounds good.

Definitely Perfect Blue. I have 2 copies of the DVD, one in the Manga Force Collection and the AL one by accident so an upgrade with all the other stuff sounds good.
Yeah I really liked it and it deserves a rewatch to really appreciate from me so a UE with a big booklet suits me. Hope that other Satoshi Kon films see an AL release in the future.

Yeah I really liked it and it deserves a rewatch to really appreciate from me so a UE with a big booklet suits me. Hope that other Satoshi Kon films see an AL release in the future.
Paprika just got a re-release by Manga, but I don't think either Millennium Actress (I've got the DVD from the MFC) or Tokyo Godfathers (I've got the Aussie Blu-ray) have ever been released on Blu-Ray over here. Don't know who have those licences, obviously Manga used to have MA. And whilst we're talking Kon Paranoia Agent doesn't have a Blu-ray here either.

Paprika just got a re-release by Manga, but I don't think either Millennium Actress (I've got the DVD from the MFC) or Tokyo Godfathers (I've got the Aussie Blu-ray) have ever been released on Blu-Ray over here. Don't know who have those licences, obviously Manga used to have MA. And whilst we're talking Kon Paranoia Agent doesn't have a Blu-ray here either.
Either of those would be welcome, I'm trying to expand my Satoshi Kon collection so whatever could be potentially released I'd be happy to see.
Paranoia Agent could use an uncut release over here.

I hope the artwork has more emphasis on Cowboy himself this time around.

cowboybebopclip14.jpg

Excited about the perfect blue announcement. I guess I’ll have to get rid of my CE, the booklet could be pretty awesome.

The Perfect Blue announcement is music to my ears. I've wanted a new transfer for a long time and, while I would've rather seen this translated than a storyboard book, that's also very welcome. Here's hoping that Millennium Actress is on the horizon, considering the new 4K restoration premiering at Annecy in a couple of weeks.

Of the other announcements, I'll probably pick up Bebop and I'm definitely interested in the Miyazaki documentary. As I said the other day, I'm surprised that the Miyazaki doc is (presumably) getting a standalone release rather than being a bonus with something else though I suppose it is feature length and The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness did pretty well. (You can also read this a thinly disguised outrage at a doc on Miyazaki being licensed/announced/released when Future Boy Conan, one of his masterworks, is still release-less in its 40th anniversary year :p )

Back