MangaUK announce One piece and other licenses

Arbalest

黒い剣士
MangaUK today announced in their podcast that they have acquired the license of One Piece after years of demand. They will be releasing the first 103 episodes over 4 collections on DVD only all this year, starting with the first collection set for release on May 27th. All 4 collections are already up for pre-order on Amazon.
Other annoucements included the second series of K-ON!, Street Fighter 2: The Movie (BD), Halo: Forward Unto Dawn (DVD & BD)
You can hear the official announcement with full details over on the MangaUK podcast
And you can pre-order one piece here.

Re: MangaUK announce One piece license

Took their time with it, but they finally have it, and 103 episodes in one year isn't a bad speed for something which has so many episodes out already.

Oh look, did I just happen to pre order all four with expedited prime delivery on Amazon? I do think that just happened.

Look what happens when you give me what I want, Manga? You get what YOU want. We both win! Hurray for winning! #winning

Nice! I was going to import this a while ago but decided to wait and see if it would come out here :D

Manga Entertainment New Licenses (Feb7th Podcast)

So, they've announced

One Piece
K-ON Season 2 (DVD only)
Street Fighter 2: The Movie (BD)
Halo: Forward Unto Dawn (DVD & BD)

I'm pretty sure the rest have already been announced? like Okami-san and her Seven Companions & Penguindrum

Not something i'm going to pick up but it's a welcome sight, the fact it was missing from our shelves has always struck me as odd.

ConanThe3rd said:
Oh look, did I just happen to pre order all four with expedited prime delivery on Amazon? I do think that just happened.

Look what happens when you give me what I want, Manga? You get what YOU want. We both win! Hurray for winning! #winning

HAHA, same here, although being 17 and unemployed, my finances are gonna take a big hit

This was my reaction!
On the phone as well....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ONE PIECE COMING TO THE UK ON DVD!

Re: Manga Entertainment New Licenses (Feb7th Podcast)

Halo: Forward Unto Dawn was licensed for release? That's interesting. I hear a lot of praise sung for that, and i'm still to actually go and watch it. I think i may have an excuse to now.

Well well well I have been putting this off since I knew Manga were interested in this and it has paid off! Day one purchase for me!

Just to throw in all the release dates they announced/confirmed.

1 April FMA Movies BD pack / Conqueror of Shamballa BD / Persona 4 Part two
8 April Nura: Rise of Yokai Clan / Ookami-san
15 April Fractale / Loup=Garous
22 April King of Thorn / Tiger & Bunny part 2
29 April FMA:B part 3
6 May Cat Planet Cuties / Penguindrum complete collection
13 May Black Rock Shooter / Bleach series 10 / DragonBall Z box 7 / Street Fighter 2 Movie
20 May Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 / K-ON! s2 Part 1 DVD
27 May Halo: Forward unto Dawn / Bakuman season 1 / FMA: B part 4 BD / Highschool of the Dead rerelease with OVA. Single disc OVA to be released "exclusively at London MCM Expo".

Dannielle said:
So, they've announced

K-ON Season 2 (DVD only)

So glad I imported the Blu-rays from Australia now.

Will most likely pick up Halo: Forward unto Dawn BD.

Got K-on already . Got Street Fighter 2. Hate halo with a passion. Got okami san already. Getting Penguindrum from sentai. Also Deadman Wonderland I already have so that leaves One piece. Got Fractale. Got Persona 4 . Got Black Rock Shooter. Got Hellsing Ulimate. Want Bakuman. Don't care about Cat Planet Cuties, Highschool of the dead. Getting King Of Thorn.

iboEy6ZVGUuKol.gif

Ugh, I brought the first five collections from America last year... now I'm annoyed. I really want to support the release as well! Do I wait until 2014 just in case they sell well enough to make it to six onwards?

Hmmm. Not sure whether to buy OP or not. I have been undecided over the Funi releases for a while due to lack of shelfspace, but these look to be regular DVD case size for 26 episodes, which makes it undeniably more viable...

Back