MangaUK announce One piece and other licenses

Too little too late for me on the One Piece front. However, I am very glad they're finally releasing it here so that even more people can delight in the absolute joy that is One Piece.

Out of the new licenses I'll be picking up K-ON S2 and SF II The Movie, also happy to see release dates finally for Tiger & Bunny Part 2, Ookami-san and Bakuman, all of which will be getting ordered.

I would also appreciate someone grabbing me a HSoD OVA disc as well. I still need to get T&B part 1, but I'll be getting part 2 and Bakuman. On the fence about One Piece.

Re: Manga Entertainment New Licenses (Feb7th Podcast)

Mangaranga said:
VoxPhantom said:
Mangaranga said:
Manga have still yet to say anything about the full FMA:B BD set and I've been itching to watch more than the first 26 episodes lately so I may just cave in and get Funi's sets.
I thought I'd heard them say something about a full set released around the same time as the final BD volume. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Jerome confirms a BD boxset 14:10 into MangaUK podcast 13 (December 2012).
Yeah I knew about that, but they have yet to give any solid info about release date or price.
I'm not gonna sit on it forever, although admittedly it has been on my low priority list for a while now.

As we've previously said, Manga UK are releasing volumes 3, 4 and 5 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in April, May and June respectively, with a complete collection arriving in June also. Once we can announce the actual date & pricing, we will do so.

Oh yeah that reminds me, I need to clear my Amazon history because I made the foolish mistake of searching for Tiger and Bunny part 2 to get that preordered and now all my suggestions are for 3D Mousepads >_>;

Manga UK have a really impressive line-up this year. I already know I'm going to purchase some of these titles, Wolf Children being the biggest title on my shopping list.

st_owly said:
I would also appreciate someone grabbing me a HSoD OVA disc as well.

If you start a topic near the time or ping me a PM near the time hopefully this can be accommodated :)

R

Pinched this from UKA from Hanners.

"I may have scuppered that plan in a conversation yesterday where I posited the idea of someone turning up, buying a whole load of their stock and then reselling it on eBay, so I wouldn't be surprised if purchases were limited to one per person."

Worth keeping an eye out for and not getting hopes up.

Durial666 said:

"I may have scuppered that plan in a conversation yesterday where I posited the idea of someone turning up, buying a whole load of their stock and then reselling it on eBay, so I wouldn't be surprised if purchases were limited to one per person."
What would actually be wrong with that? Manga would still get their asking price for the discs.

And other people would still be able to buy it. Manga could sell it direct as well themselves if they had a problem with it being resold for an inflated price, so I don't see an issue with it either. That and it's going to be in the complete collection - I strongly doubt it's ever going to be some rare prize which fetches enough on eBay to make the stunt worthwhile.

I can buy more than one though even if they limit it, since I'm going in a group. I'm sure between us those of us in London can make sure the other regulars here all have their HOTD needs covered.

R

Rui said:
And other people would still be able to buy it. Manga could sell it direct as well themselves if they had a problem with it being resold for an inflated price, so I don't see an issue with it either. That and it's going to be in the complete collection - I strongly doubt it's ever going to be some rare prize which fetches enough on eBay to make the stunt worthwhile.

I can buy more than one though even if they limit it, since I'm going in a group. I'm sure between us those of us in London can make sure the other regulars here all have their HOTD needs covered.

R
RUI get me a copy pleasssssseee please please oh please oh please oh please please please

Rui said:

R
Same here in regards to being able to get more than one since I will be going in a group too.
We'll just have to see what happens closer to the time.

Haha, ok if many more people want it maybe Jeremy can confirm whether written requests from named absent fans can be used to relax any purchase limits in place. I'm sure they'll be cool about it, it's money for them either way.

AF, look out for st_owly's topic when Expo approaches so those of us going don't forget to include you (May's a long way away!).

R

Rui said:
Haha, ok if many more people want it maybe Jeremy can confirm whether written requests from named absent fans can be used to relax any purchase limits in place. I'm sure they'll be cool about it, it's money for them either way.

AF, look out for st_owly's topic when Expo approaches so those of us going don't forget to include you (May's a long way away!).

R
thanks RUI your awesome ^_^

Rui said:

R
Hey guys. As it stands, this individual DVD version of the HOTD OVA is a London Expo exclusive. Whether that changes after the event has yet to be determined.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Hey guys. As it stands, this individual DVD version of the HOTD OVA is a London Expo exclusive. Whether that changes after the event has yet to be determined.

Hey Jeremy, thanks for that - if it ends up being exclusive and there are some people here who can't attend, it will be fine for us to collect (and pay for) their discs on their behalf at Expo, right? :)

R

ayase said:
Durial666 said:

What would actually be wrong with that? Manga would still get their asking price for the discs.
For an object lesson on why that's a bad idea, see Ni No Kuni's US Limited Edition.

ConanThe3rd said:
ayase said:
Durial666 said:

For an object lesson on why that's a bad idea, see Ni No Kuni's US Limited Edition.
What, it sold out quickly and now people are price gouging? Such is life. Shoulda been quicker with that pre-order button.

IIRC, people who pre-ordered did not get it and one company managed to get a shedload (should have been one per person) and was selling it for elevated prices even before release.

ayase said:
ConanThe3rd said:
What, it sold out quickly and now people are price gouging? Such is life. Shoulda been quicker with that pre-order button.
Charming. But yeah, what Hane said; some enterprising twat though it a good idea to buy in bulk during the Wizard KickStart promotion and leave Bamco wanting for stock when they started selling the LE again for a brief time leading up to the game's release. People were not pleased and Bamco had made a right **** of itself.

Manga has just gotten off of a long period of looking right a right ****, it could do well to not follow Bamco's example.

Back