Manga Force - UK anime magazine hits national TV

Not worth the 8.99 in my opinion, the mag is only 8-10 pages long with very basic info, I think I will only buy future editions if the DVD on the front is one I don't own and isn't cheaper in the shops or online.

hello from mangaforce

Well just to clarify a few things up there, are 50 issues but its not £8.99 per issues.. its £8.99 a month for 2 issues coming out fortnightly.
So the actual price is more like £4.50 every 2 weeks or £2.25 a week.

They are posting them monthly to subscribers and charging for both (2) fortnightly subscriptions, probably to cut down postage and admin costs.. so they can be brought pretty cheaply.

Well thats how i read it anyway :D

ohh and as for the magazines you say they are pretty naff etc..

They give you a synopsis of the film..some information about the author, a bit about the characters and who they are all in a nice looking format with pretty pictures.. lol

what else do u want ?

I do agree i wouldnt call it a magazine.. but it certainly gives you the information you need to understand what its all about.. and for £4.50 with a dvd .. i dont think thats a bad deal at all !!

Something tells me you have some involvement with Manga Force.

*edit* No, you're not. You're just trying to milk some money off it.

MaNgaFoRcE said:
ohh and as for the magazines you say they are pretty naff etc..

They give you a synopsis of the film..some information about the author, a bit about the characters and who they are all in a nice looking format with pretty pictures.. lol

what else do u want ?

I do agree i wouldnt call it a magazine.. but it certainly gives you the information you need to understand what its all about.. and for £4.50 with a dvd .. i dont think thats a bad deal at all !!

so basicly anything you can pick up for free off wikipedia :D

McIcy said:
Ryo chan makes a good point lol

Okay, Manga is dead.... Okay, everyone. Back to the old drawing board. Why don't everyone cleary buy Neo mag, it is so much better and got more information.

But when you have the internet, You don't cleary need magazines.

Exactly a magazine is pretty useless.

Most magazines tell you what you already know ok so you get odd fact but you have google,wilkepedia,fan boards.

Animenewsuk is a huge board with up to date news trailers etc.
(i'm advertising a board on its own board)

Welcome to the age of the intraweb! :shock:

Yep, and a free DVD with a mag won't change a thing.... Okay, maybe a little, for those who new into anime... But it won't fool us anime fans

Newtype sticks on a DVD with trailers and a few episodes of upcoming dubbed anime before it hits the shelves, throws in some nice editorials, previews of anime that haven't even hit Japan and lots of love of the anime community, and is pretty much a worthwhile alterntive o the internet.

Exclusive artwork, interviews and so forth, many of which won't find their way online, yeah, definitly worth the hefty import price.

well if you really wanted to push the borders of morality near the limit....

For Everything the magazine offers you could pop here to read the Aritcals and then jump to youtube and watch the movie.

TBH Bill Gates has a gold mine at his fingers when he introduces IPTV

I heard a rumour that some parents have complained about the violence in GITS when they purchased the magazine for their children (idiots anyways).

Any truth to this?

freeminder said:
yea but the parents just think its cartoons not realisen the age certification on the side :roll: duuuuh

Yeah they see the pictures and ignore the rating, its like when GTA was released they bought it for their kids cause it was 'only a game' and then complained despite the age rating.

well got issue 1 2 and 3 and they really help bump up your collection if your a newb (like me) gonna get whsmiths keep it for me (would subscribe but im just lazy)

and the Yu-gi-oh GX mag looks too childish for my liking (not bashing GX i thought it was ok)

I know Manga Force came out in a few test markets last year, but as far as I know it wasn't on a full release. I never saw it anywhere anyway.

Never heard anything about the GX guide being out before, but these publishers usually do such "trial runs", so it's highly possible it's been around for a bit before.

Been watching all the DVD's from the mag at work this weekend, loving them all (already seen Blood and GITS but really glad I got to see them again), really annoying that Macross Plus was only episodes 1 & 2 so I stopped by blockbusters yesterday and rented eps 3 & 4 as I had to see how it ended I was that hooked.

Back