Manga Force - UK anime magazine hits national TV

lol, sorry, forgot to mention that it was the evangelion movie! not on a roll here, first double posting and now this. Has anyone managed to pick up the first issue yet?

X_nick_X said:
Probably find they have a deal with a few tv channels and there gonna advertise it for another week and that will be it -.-
I think that's guaranteed really...seeing as all they ever do with these partworks is advertise #1 at the super-low price before #2 comes out at triple.

X_nick_X said:
Are we talking about kfc? :shock:
We are now. Have I ever told you of my theory that Colonel Sanders is working together with Dr Pepper and the Burger King to take over the world, by placing addictive hypnosis chemicals in each of their mysterious recipies?

When they join forces with Ronald MacDonald, they will be unstoppable... we're all doomed..

Arbalest said:
i've seen the adverts for the manga force mags and dvd's. though it is good to see, i doubt i will be subscribing to it.

Finally saw one of these ads last night, will be buying the first issue sometime this week and if I like it I will probably pick up issues with DVD's on them that I want/need (unless I can get special edition ones online cheaper)

SO, this Anime is like...... aimed at Teenagers and Adults instead of young children.

Wow, Finally people can learn about the Anime world UNCUT

Though I'm not comftable with the Violent stuff I heard in advertisement unless I'm delusional. Anime isn't just about violences, its about other things as well.

I must admit I hadn't seen the ads until last night but it was a surprise when I first saw it. The second time was a case of "seen that, seen that, that too..." as each of the clips played so no, it's not intended for the likes of us. For newomers though, it's a pretty good way of getting into it. For the time being at least, it seems to be offering Manga Ent's more high profile titles, which are the sort of thing that drew many of us lot into the genre in the first place! My only worry is that the mag runs out of A-list titles after a few months and starts scraping the barrel and sells the woeful 'The Collection' stuff.

Dont get me wrong manga are a solid company now but their old releases were poor dubs and generally bad quality VHS releases. Now there were a few gems amoungst the crap but i think maybe this would have been better as "ADV Force"...

I bought the magazine on saturday. I havent watched the film yet, no extra's, just the movie, and they have a preview dvd with it too of the titles they are going to release, also havent watched yet. I did read the magazine.
6 pages, took me 10 mins to read.
Magazine is very poor, but i only bought for dvd

desolate soul said:
I bought the magazine on saturday. I havent watched the film yet, no extra's, just the movie, and they have a preview dvd with it too of the titles they are going to release, also havent watched yet. I did read the magazine.
6 pages, took me 10 mins to read.
Magazine is very poor, but i only bought for dvd

6 pages is very dissapointing, does the dvd have subs or is it dub only?

Not sure yet. Hoping to watch tomorrow, didn't really look at dvd cover.
Also, my local WH Smiths didnt have this in stock. I found it in a local newsagent (suprisingly at the front, fully advertised. Not sure if I will continue to buy. But still worth it for first issue...3 pound for a great film.
Oh the next issue has 2 dvd's to it...Blood and macross episodes 1 to 13. So i will prob get the 2nd issue as well....then after that its akira.
The magazine consists of background info on the director..about a page. Background info on the movie/manga, and a movie overview...gives away spoilers too...so if you havent seen the movie before, dont read the mag first. Also a quiz on the last page...I will prob pick and choose the issues I buy.

6 pages, now that is a quick read but lets face it this is issue one and is only £2.99, lets hope that issue 2 will be a better size as the price goes up to £8.99

Back