UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshawott said:
Hi Jeremy, me again! I was wondering, the French and Italian Kazé releases of Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion is scheduled to be released in November. Is there currently any date set for the UK release or are you and Kazé still waiting for the English dub?

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
HdE said:
Bravo Manga Ent!

I'm sufficiently pleased with the re-authoring development to lay down money for P&S.

Oh yea I can't wait for season 2 but I still got to wait for Season 1 to be re released. I got to say p&s is awesome
....there is no season 2 of Panty & Stocking.

i hear theres going to be ^_^
I haven't heard anything about it and I even checked Wikipedia as I wrote that post just to triple check.

There is no season 2 listed on ANN either.

Thanks JPT =) I've just tweeted them about Bakuman too. (tweeting questions to companies is literally the only reason I have a twitter as I freaking loathe the format, but they don't seem to answer FB questions...)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Does anyone know what's happening with Trigun Badlands Rumble or Bakuman over here? Last I heard Kaze was going to release them and that was some time ago now... Bakuman I can understand with the US releases delays and such, but Trigun's been out a while now elsewhere...

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Thanks JPT =) I've just tweeted them about Bakuman too. (tweeting questions to companies is literally the only reason I have a twitter as I freaking loathe the format, but they don't seem to answer FB questions...)

Hi guys,
re: Trigun Badlands Rumble,
It's set for an October 1st release on DVD and Blu-Ray :)

re: Bakuman,
Nothing to report on that I'm afraid. Should there be anything to report we'll make it known.

re: facebook, I hope your feelings don't reflect the MangaUK Facebook page too? I've made a concerted effort to answer as many questions as best I can on there (as well as the twitter) since I became Community Liaison. Hopefully that's showing?

Joshawott said:
Hi Jeremy, me again! I was wondering, the French and Italian Kazé releases of Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion is scheduled to be released in November. Is there currently any date set for the UK release or are you and Kazé still waiting for the English dub?

No date is set yet I'm afraid. All I can say is that it likely won't be released until next year at the earliest. (If I have anything else to report on this, I'll respond accordingly.)

Hey ya!
I asked this question a month or so on ago on Twitter but I'm awfully forgetful so I'll ask again (sorry!) =) ...Any news on King Of Thorn? =D

Not a manga question but what was the name of the rock song that used to play in the intro of the anime chronicle podcast? It's been annoying me cause I want it for my ipod but I can't find the tittle of it anywhere.

Dannielle said:
Hey ya!
I asked this question a month or so on ago on Twitter but I'm awfully forgetful so I'll ask again (sorry!) =) ...Any news on King Of Thorn? =D

No problem at all. Nothing to report on that, but should I hear anything to the contrary I'll repsond accordingly :)

devilrules666 said:
Not a manga question but what was the name of the rock song that used to play in the intro of the anime chronicle podcast? It's been annoying me cause I want it for my ipod but I can't find the tittle of it anywhere.

Ha ha! You're the first person to ask me that :D
The song is called 'Bad D.N.A.' by Marty Friedman (ex Megadeth guitarist). I love his solo albums, and that song is great! Glad to hear you want it on your ipod :)

It's from the album 'Bad D.N.A.' (which I imported from Japan when it was first released) but he's now released it as a double album packed with his 'Tokyo Jukebox 2' cd in Europe. (I'm pretty sure you can find it on Amazon UK for around £12.) Hope that helps.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Joshawott said:

No date is set yet I'm afraid. All I can say is that it likely won't be released until next year at the earliest. (If I have anything else to report on this, I'll respond accordingly.)
Okays, thanks a lot.

I'm definitely looking forward to it; I absolutely loved the first film.

Thanks Jeremy! Oh I just remebered there was another intro in your podcast for a little while. It was a heavy rock japanese rock song and it started slowly and just want mental about 5 seconds in. Could you please tell me what the title of the song of that one is as well! I promise this the last one i will ask of you! :D

Thank you for the answer! :)

devilrules666 said:
Thanks Jeremy! Oh I just remebered there was another intro in your podcast for a little while. It was a heavy rock japanese rock song and it started slowly and just want mental about 5 seconds in. Could you please tell me what the title of the song of that one is as well! I promise this the last one i will ask of you! :D

Ha..sounds like something Maximum The Hormone would release.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Does anyone know what's happening with Trigun Badlands Rumble or Bakuman over here? Last I heard Kaze was going to release them and that was some time ago now... Bakuman I can understand with the US releases delays and such, but Trigun's been out a while now elsewhere...

Sparrowsabre7 said:

Hi guys,
re: Trigun Badlands Rumble,
It's set for an October 1st release on DVD and Blu-Ray :)

re: Bakuman,
Nothing to report on that I'm afraid. Should there be anything to report we'll make it known.

re: facebook, I hope your feelings don't reflect the MangaUK Facebook page too? I've made a concerted effort to answer as many questions as best I can on there (as well as the twitter) since I became Community Liaison. Hopefully that's showing?

well, I don't know actually heh, I haven't posted there since you have, but I recall that prior to your appointment I couldn't get a straight answer about some things :p Thanks for your response now though =)

devilrules666 said:

Not to worry, (if it's the right song I'm thinking you referring to then) that's 'Rusty Nail' by X-Japan.

No not quite but thanks for the x-japan song title just listened to it . It's great! The song is from Podcast 16 of the anime chronicle. That bad boy is the one! Would put it on here but I am too stupid to know how to do that.

devilrules666 said:
No not quite but thanks for the x-japan song title just listened to it . It's great! The song is from Podcast 16 of the anime chronicle. That bad boy is the one! Would put it on here but I am too stupid to know how to do that.

Oh blimey that far back, lol. That song is 'Color' by Girugamesh taken from their album 'GO'. (Another album I imported from Japan, so glad I got the ltd version too as it came with a DVD :) )

Thank you so much! So are you working for Manga now for good? Just wanted to say it's great you have joined us here. Big fan of the podcasts on anime chroincle. Hope you are still doing them. Just best anime podcast in the biz. :)

devilrules666 said:
Thank you so much! So are you working for Manga now for good? Just wanted to say it's great you have joined us here. Big fan of the podcasts on anime chroincle. Hope you are still doing them. Just best anime podcast in the biz. :)

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed them. At the moment the status of AC is somewhat unknown. Now I'm Community Liaison for Manga UK I'm stepping away from it, so it's more up to the others as to how it continues from here.

Re: Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread.

taken from their facebook

https://www.facebook.com/mangauk/posts/ ... 8751040023

Hi guys, I've read your thoughts and we'll be talking about this news on the Manga UK Podcast being recording this week. I'll also make sure to bring up questions and concerns conveyed about this news too. ^JG

If it's any help, I can confirm we're going to be announcing some new licenses on the podcast. ^JG

Any thoughts?? I hope its something worth of and not crappy shows like almost all the time seriously... :evil:

Re: Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread.

I know Jeremy might never see this but twitter is away to short to write something like this.

Jeremy i wanna get some gold old classics but they are hard to find nowadays and since I'm not from the Uk, i can only buy them online. Is there any chance for a re-release for the following classics?

Perfect Blue
Millenium Actress
Street Fighter movies
The professional: Golgo 13
Patlabor movies

Anyway, im gonna tweet a like for this reply so maybe i might get an answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back