UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I'm Jeremy Graves, Community Liaison for Manga Entertainment. It was brought to my attention that Jerome has been answering questions in this thread and you were wondering if could do the same.
My answer to this is yes and I'll answer questions as best as I can for you :)

Jeremy_Graves said:
Hey everyone. I'm Jeremy Graves, Community Liaison for Manga Entertainment. It was brought to my attention that Jerome has been answering questions in this thread and you were wondering if could do the same.
My answer to this is yes and I'll answer questions as best as I can for you :)
Hey Jeromy! Thanks for agreeing to do this.

I was wondering what the situation with Steins;Gate is. I heard that your company previously said that you will license it once a dub is produced and FUNimation's first set is due out in America in September. I know Kazé streamed the show via AnimeOnDemand, but have they picked up the physical distribution rights, meaning any MangaUK release would technically be by KazéUK distributed by you guys, or would it be a simple MangaUK license?

Also, if it is released here, what's the likelihood of it being on blu-ray?

Welcome Jeremy.

How have Manga's latest blu-ray releases, Angel Beats and Welcome to the Space Show performed sales-wise so far?

After listening to the latest MangaUK podcast, I have to ask... Is there anything Jonathan Clements doesn't know about Japan? :lol:

Joshawott said:
Hey Jeromy! Thanks for agreeing to do this.

I was wondering what the situation with Steins;Gate is. I heard that your company previously said that you will license it once a dub is produced and FUNimation's first set is due out in America in September. I know Kazé streamed the show via AnimeOnDemand, but have they picked up the physical distribution rights, meaning any MangaUK release would technically be by KazéUK distributed by you guys, or would it be a simple MangaUK license?

Also, if it is released here, what's the likelihood of it being on blu-ray?

No problem.

There's nothing to report regarding any possibility of Steins;Gate UK release. Should that change, we'll be sure to make it know.

With regard to it being on Blu-Ray if a UK release were to happen, I know Jerome has commented in the past, perhaps as recent as the MCM Manchester Expo during his panel, that Manga UK would look to release it on that format if possible.

VoxPhantom said:
Welcome Jeremy.

How have Manga's latest blu-ray releases, Angel Beats and Welcome to the Space Show performed sales-wise so far?

I can't comment on that I'm afraid. However I will enquire with Manga HQ and see if I can answer this properly at another time. No promises, but I will look into it.

VoxPhantom said:
After listening to the latest MangaUK podcast, I have to ask... Is there anything Jonathan Clements doesn't know about Japan? :lol:

You tell me, lol. Hope you enjoyed the podcast?

Jeremy_Graves said:
I can't comment on that I'm afraid. However I will enquire with Manga HQ and see if I can answer this properly at another time. No promises, but I will look into it.
Fair enough, can totally understand if Manga want to keep that kind of information under wraps for the moment.

Jeremy_Graves said:
VoxPhantom said:
You tell me, lol. Hope you enjoyed the podcast?
I've really enjoyed the podcasts, you guys do a great job on them, I think the informal atmosphere really helps make the podcasts easy to listen to. It's nice to be able to hear Jerome talk about stuff in the context of a conversation, rather than via the 140 character limit on Twitter, which ended up with a fair few of his tweets being taken the wrong way.

Fair enough, I do hope it does get released here though.

This question is more of a curiosity of mine, but is it possible for there to be a feature on the website, or a topic on a podcast about "A Day at MangaUK", where we learn about what happens in the office on a day to day basis?

I do enjoy listening to the podcast (although I do wish it could be a little louder at times =3).

Welcome to the site, Jeremy.

I was wondering if you were able to give an opinion on the situation with Persona 4 having the Japanese language track removed for its USA release - I know Kaze is handling this specific title when it comes to the UK, but is this something that the Western anime publishers in general are worried about going forward?

Joshawott said:
Fair enough, I do hope it does get released here though.

This question is more of a curiosity of mine, but is it possible for there to be a feature on the website, or a topic on a podcast about "A Day at MangaUK", where we learn about what happens in the office on a day to day basis?

I do enjoy listening to the podcast (although I do wish it could be a little louder at times =3).

Send that in as a question for the podcast (next time we make it known we're recording it) and we'll see if we can touch on it.

As for the volume, a few people have commented on that and it will be corrected for future shows. :)

ilmaestro said:
Welcome to the site, Jeremy.

I was wondering if you were able to give an opinion on the situation with Persona 4 having the Japanese language track removed for its USA release - I know Kaze is handling this specific title when it comes to the UK, but is this something that the Western anime publishers in general are worried about going forward?

I can't comment on this topic at this time. Sorry.

With regard to Kaze UK handling the release of Persona 4, they have made it know on their twitter (https://twitter.com/kazeuk) the current status of it if that's any help.

Is it true manga is doing something about panty and stocking defected disc. Iv read somewhere they are recalling them and re releasing it in September.

I sent my copy back cause of the defect and hoping to get it when the defects are gone.

I just wanted to make double sure this is true

animefreak17 said:
Is it true manga is doing something about panty and stocking defected disc. Iv read somewhere they are recalling them and re releasing it in September.

I sent my copy back cause of the defect and hoping to get it when the defects are gone.

I just wanted to make double sure this is true
From Manga HQ -
Re: Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt DVD Issues

“Thank you to all of the customers who notified us of technical problems on our recently released DVD box set, Panty And Stocking With Garter Belt.

After investigating the many complaints we received via Twitter and Facebook we have examined the master tapes supplied to us and discovered faults on episodes 11, 12 and 13 of Disc 3.
We run a vigorous quality control process at Manga Entertainment and unfortunately in this instance a critical error was made during the mastering process.

On behalf of Manga Entertainment I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this has caused you. I know that many of you have been highly anticipating this release for many months and it is deeply regretful that you have received an inferior quality product.

Manga will be re-authoring both Discs 2 and 3 of the P&S set and creating all new stock. We will re-release the DVD soon, but an exact release date cannot be confirmed at this stage.

In the mean time we advise any customer who is unhappy with their purchase to return it to the point of purchase for a refund or credit. It is my hope that we shall have a brand new and flawless DVD release of Panty and Stocking available online and on-shelf at all good retailers by the end of September.

Please stay tuned for more information as it comes to hand. Thank you again for your patience and support.
Jerome Mazandarani,
Head of marketing and acquisitions,
Manga Entertainment LTD.”

Does anyone know what's happening with Trigun Badlands Rumble or Bakuman over here? Last I heard Kaze was going to release them and that was some time ago now... Bakuman I can understand with the US releases delays and such, but Trigun's been out a while now elsewhere...

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Does anyone know what's happening with Trigun Badlands Rumble or Bakuman over here? Last I heard Kaze was going to release them and that was some time ago now... Bakuman I can understand with the US releases delays and such, but Trigun's been out a while now elsewhere...

Ask and ye shall receive... Tweets

FYI: October releases. Oct 1st: Trigun Badlands Rumble [available to pre-order soon], Dragonball Z season 3

BD & DVD for Trigun in later Tweet

FYI: October releases. Oct 8th: Shiki Part 1 [available to pre-order soon], World God Only Knows Season 1

Bravo Manga Ent!

I'm sufficiently pleased with the re-authoring development to lay down money for P&S.

HdE said:
Bravo Manga Ent!

I'm sufficiently pleased with the re-authoring development to lay down money for P&S.

Oh yea I can't wait for season 2 but I still got to wait for Season 1 to be re released. I got to say p&s is awesome

animefreak17 said:
HdE said:
Bravo Manga Ent!

Oh yea I can't wait for season 2 but I still got to wait for Season 1 to be re released. I got to say p&s is awesome
....there is no season 2 of Panty & Stocking.

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
HdE said:
Bravo Manga Ent!

i hear theres going to be ^_^

Hi Jeremy, me again! I was wondering, the French and Italian Kazé releases of Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion is scheduled to be released in November. Is there currently any date set for the UK release or are you and Kazé still waiting for the English dub?

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
HdE said:
Bravo Manga Ent!

i hear theres going to be ^_^
I haven't heard anything about it and I even checked Wikipedia as I wrote that post just to triple check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back