UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be nice, I was planning to get the Sentai Blu-ray that's out soon. They'll have a while to announce it though, I doubt I'll get it before next year anyway.

I mean, it would be nice if it's Animatsu. I at least think they might turn out decent, I'm still not sure about Manga (even if they're almost the same).

Shiroi Hane said:
I don't see that as a hint at all. Kaze probably has SNAFU (they have digital at any rate).

I have this strange theory that the TBS titles on Animax UK may not end up being released by Kaze.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! for example was on AoD and had both seasons on Animax, but now Animatsu ended up releasing it thanks to Sentai.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, while also from AoD and on Animax, has the first season planned from MVM and presumably they'll probably get the other seasons including Honeycomb, thanks to Sentai.

Busou Shinki, also from AoD and Animax, ended up in MVM's hands. Thanks to Sentai.

Anyone notice a pattern? The TBS titles that Animax currently also have:
- Hamatora & Re:Hamatora
- The Kawaii Complex
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
- Rail Wars
- Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
- Student Council's Discretion Lv2

All of them are also picked up by Sentai.

Kaze will probably only have the Viz Media titles, Aniplex titles and other titles (non-TBS also) from AoD.

Noragmai Blu-ray was delayed to a date TBA wasn't it? Just checked my open orders on amazon and it's still listed with the release date of September 21.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Noragmai Blu-ray was delayed to a date TBA wasn't it? Just checked my open orders on amazon and it's still listed with the release date of September 21.

Noragami hasn't been delayed yet. Index has, Chunibyo has, and the Madoka Magica movie twinpack.

Ok this has been on my mind for long time name and made me more thinking bout it today. What up with manga entertainment. Saw recent bleach box set with just kanze on it and no manga entertainment logo it. What with manga entertainment advertising stuff from animatsu does animatsu own manga now or some thing please help me get round this.

Manga owns Manga, Manga distributes for Kaze and Animatsu, Animatsu does acquisition for Manga.
There's no Manga logo on Bleach because it is a title they are distributing for Kaze. They used to have both logos on the box (and back when they licensed/distributed for Viz Media Europe just the Manga logo) but that changed a while back.

Shiroi Hane said:
Manga owns Manga, Manga distributes for Kaze and Animatsu, Animatsu does acquisition for Manga.
There's no Manga logo on Bleach because it is a title they are distributing for Kaze. They used to have both logos on the box (and back when they licensed/distributed for Viz Media Europe just the Manga logo) but that changed a while back.

Oh right I just thought they became small only cared bout the big the big three what is naruto dragon ball and one piece cause the rest of anime I thought manga would pick up ended up with animatsu and or Mvm and anime limited

They still had the FUNimation contract, although that seems to be coming to an end judging by their comments regarding Fairy Tail (IIRC Noragami was the last title they sum-licensed from FUNi).

right. it was bugging me and confusing for while so i finally decided to join here to get some answer and i am liking it here. so it not the fact animatsu manga and kaze are own by same comaby i take it its fare form it. there just working together.

RIght now it is unclear. It might be related to FUNimation changing distributors on the US. Bear in mind that not all of FUNimation's titles include UK rights in the package (Free! Eternal Summer is one I believe does, however).

Based on the Daisuki delaycast, it seems AL picked up Gangsta. from FUNimation, but I thought Bandai Visual split rights by region (they did for Space Dandy, but seemingly didn't for Gangsta. and GOD EATER*), rather than language. So it seems something weird went on there.

*Aniplex sold Crunchyroll UK streaming rights for GOD EATER's delaycast, so it looks like the UK was picked by Aniplex of America...

Shiroi Hane said:
RIght now it is unclear. It might be related to FUNimation changing distributors on the US. Bear in mind that not all of FUNimation's titles include UK rights in the package (Free! Eternal Summer is one I believe does, however).

I believe Crunchyroll holds the rights to the first season of Free! on home video, and that may be a stumbling block to the Free! series getting picked up.

Buzz201 said:
Based on the Daisuki delaycast, it seems AL picked up Gangsta. from FUNimation, but I thought Bandai Visual split rights by region (they did for Space Dandy, but seemingly didn't for Gangsta. and GOD EATER*), rather than language. So it seems something weird went on there.

*Aniplex sold Crunchyroll UK streaming rights for GOD EATER's delaycast, so it looks like the UK was picked by Aniplex of America...

Shiroi Hane said:

I believe Crunchyroll holds the rights to the first season of Free! on home video, and that may be a stumbling block to the Free! series getting picked up.

actuly they don't
Discotek Media owns season one of the free anime, crunchy roll trying to with with
Discotek Media to get them to get funimation to dub anime so
Discotek Media can relase on dvd blu ray crunchy roll is try to get a dub sort out between funimation and
Discotek Media

Nope. CR sublicensed the physical rights of Free Season 1 to Discotek since they don't release physical media. So technically they still belong to CR.

jazzimus_rider32 said:
actuly they don't
Discotek Media owns season one of the free anime, crunchy roll trying to with with
Discotek Media can relase on dvd blu ray crunchy roll is try to get a dub sort out between funimation and
Discotek Media

As st_owly said, Crunchyroll has a deal with Discotek to sub-licence some of the shows it ends up with home video to, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club being one of those. I know Discotek said they might be able to dub it if it sold well, but I don't know if anything ever came of that.

UK Anime Network said apparently one or two UK distributors were interested in the show, but didn't know if Crunchyroll would be a stumbling block.

Buzz201 said:
jazzimus_rider32 said:
actuly they don't
Discotek Media

As st_owly said, Crunchyroll has a deal with Discotek to sub-licence some of the shows it ends up with home video to, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club being one of those. I know Discotek said they might be able to dub it if it sold well, but I don't know if anything ever came of that.

UK Anime Network said apparently one or two UK distributors were interested in the show, but didn't know if Crunchyroll would be a stumbling block.

yea i know funimation was intrestsed in dubbing season one if possible but it all up Discotek Media. cause we all know how fan can be when one season has a different cast to another i looking at you Fate/kailder illiya prism

In Australia season 1 isn't even licensed due to CR having it but madman have licensed season 2 i wouldn't mind if Eternal summer and just that came here and its my fav season anyway

I own the discoteks dvd release of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, i don't care about a dub as i don't listen to dubbed anime but if it ever gets a blu ray release then i will double dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back