UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gemsy-chan said:
I own the discoteks dvd release of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, i don't care about a dub as i don't listen to dubbed anime but if it ever gets a blu ray release then i will double dip.

Same I would double dip instantly

Noragami's DVD release is the exact same as the Funimation version, based on the UK Anime Network Mailbox video:

Whether it's PAL or NTSC is unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
ConanThe3rd said:
Actauly that reminds me, did Manga ever finish YGO?

Assuming you mean Yu-Gi-Oh, Season 1 and 2, with the 3rd coming in October and the 4th coming out in November. The fifth and final season isn't scheduled yet as far as I can see but it sounds like they're on track to put it all out.

Sounds like Jerome isn't in the greatness of mood after fans responded to the home release delay of Resurrection F:

[spoilerbutton]
It saddens me when I bust my ass to deliver to a vociferous audience and then get it in the neck for doing exactly what they wanted.#cantwin

Also! If you choose to illegally download this movie, share illegal links and then spoil the ending on Facebook you are a total c***.

And you are most definitely not a fan. Just a leach on my butthole. Have a great weekend. xo
Tweet 1
Tweet 2
Tweet 3[/spoilerbutton]

Well I certainly learned a new word today. On topic, I'm not sure how the delay relates to what people want. Does he mean an extended theatrical run or just a higher quality release of the film?

IncendiaryLemon said:
Well I certainly learned a new word today. On topic, I'm not sure how the delay relates to what people waint. Does he mean an extended theatrical run or just a higher quality release of the film?
IncendiaryLemon

People have been asking for more and more screens, Manga probably reached the point where they couldn't expand without delaying home video.

I may be the only one, but I feel for Jerome. He has a far harder job than other distributers, trying to please casuals and hardcore fans alike, and it's clear he genuinely cares and wants to release the best product possible, just a shame the Manga brand tends to attract difficult people.

OT now, but since when did names start appearing below quotes?

Buzz201 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Well I certainly learned a new word today. On topic, I'm not sure how the delay relates to what people waint. Does he mean an extended theatrical run or just a higher quality release of the film?
IncendiaryLemon

People have been asking for more and more screens, Manga probably reached the point where they couldn't expand without delaying home video.

I may be the only one, but I feel for Jerome. He has a far harder job than other distributers, trying to please casuals and hardcore fans alike, and it's clear he genuinely cares and wants to release the best product possible, just a shame the Manga brand tends to attract difficult people.

OT now, but since when did names start appearing below quotes?

That he does. I think anyone bragging about illegally downloading right on their page would be enough to piss anyone off.

That's a good point. If the original date was the end of October, that's not long after screenings end. If the extended run goes to about the middle or end of October, it should probably release in November by that logic.

IncendiaryLemon said:
That's a good point. If the original date was the end of October, that's not long after screenings end. If the extended run goes to about the middle or end of October, it should probably release in November by that logic.

No. A 3 month holdback is standard for a traditional theatrical run, it was an "event screening", so had a much shorter hold clause, expanding to more screens/days probably led to the full hold clause kicking in. Add in an extra month for a good date and voila 4 month delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back