UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Buzz commonly these days the sub/dub are owned by the licensor, and thus supplied directly to the UK companies along with the license. It also means that they can include the dub/sub on re-releases in Japan (e.g. the BDs Haruhi, FMP, Kiddy Grade etc.)

Shiroi Hane said:
@Buzz commonly these days the sub/dub are owned by the licensor, and thus supplied directly to the UK companies along with the license. It also means that they can include the dub/sub on re-releases in Japan (e.g. the BDs Haruhi, FMP, Kiddy Grade etc.)
What I was trying to get at is: Does the production company/licensor that provides the sub/dub get paid or are they just expected to hand it over?

Anyway, we know this probably isn't the case with BBB, as the version provided to Daisuki by Nihon Ad Systems (who appear to be the sales agent for the series, but I don't know) uses completely different subtitles.

sorry to be a pain, but would really appreciate if someone could answer my question on the future diary release :)

Also, given the evident funi, manga split, i doubt high school dxd new will get a uk release ?

windcott said:
sorry to be a pain, but would really appreciate if someone could answer my question on the future diary release :)

Also, given the evident funi, manga split, i doubt high school dxd new will get a uk release ?

I honestly have no idea, it's possible but I would guess it's going to be the same as the Funimation release by which it's just the main episodes.

On one note, I can't believe they are even releasing it in two parts when a complete set is available right now (Region A only) from Funimation for the same cost as Box 1.

As for DxD New, it's possible that Animatsu could pick it up but who knows. Manga though, did manage to get Danganronpa and Noragami.

Possibly not the right thread but as it's the sort of title I'd of thought Manga would release and related to FUNi license death grips: has anybody seen anything about a possible UK release of Assassination Classroom? I mean no one streamed in here and it's kinda gone under the radar :p

Jon O Fun said:
Possibly not the right thread but as it's the sort of title I'd of thought Manga would release and related to FUNi license death grips: has anybody seen anything about a possible UK release of Assassination Classroom? I mean no one streamed in here and it's kinda gone under the radar :p

That show was brought up recently. Jerome has clarified that neither Manga or Animatsu have the license while Andrew was interested.

And I can't see MVM picking that one up.

So best to assume it's possibly going to Anime Ltd in the future, especially since a lot of Funimation titles are going to them recently (though most were licensed through the Japanese companies like NBC Universal for Arslan and Seraph).

NormanicGrav said:
So best to assume it's possibly going to Anime Ltd in the future, especially since a lot of Funimation titles are going to them recently (though most were licensed through the Japanese companies like NBC Universal for Arslan and Seraph).

I had a think earlier in the thread, and I couldn't come up with a single AL title, that we could say with absolute certainty came from FUNi, but most can be ruled out or at least severely questioned...

NormanicGrav said:
Jon O Fun said:
I

That show was brought up recently. Jerome has clarified that neither Manga or Animatsu have the license while Andrew was interested.

And I can't see MVM picking that one up.

OK, thanks for the reply :) definitely a series I'd like to see get a UK release!

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:

I had a think earlier in the thread, and I couldn't come up with a single AL title, that we could say with absolute certainty came from FUNi, but most can be ruled out or at least severely question...

I honestly don't know if Anime Ltd 100% got their shows through Japan hence why I said most, but hey at least we know how they got certain titles.

NormanicGrav said:
I honestly don't know if Anime Ltd 100% got their shows through Japan hence why I said most, but hey at least we know how they got certain titles.
We know Bandai Visual try and split rights (or at least did for Space Dandy), so Gangsta. probably didn't come from FUNi.
Castle Town Dandelion and Aoharu x Machinegun are both distributed by TBS, who are known for still trying to split by territory wherever possible.

Leaving Blood Blockade Battlefront, Chaos Dragon, Ping Pong: The Animation and Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.

I don't know, but if you were plundering FUNi's line-up for this season, would you really only go for Chaos Dragon? Although, Andy Hanley hinted something FUNi was about to stream soon on this week's UKA podcast, so maybe discussions are ongoing...

Wasn't it recently stated that someone has the license to Assassination Classroom but are just being quiet about it? Imagine if MVM surprised everyone with an announcement, like they did for Monogatari.

Buzz201 said:
We know Bandai Visual try and split rights (or at least did for Space Dandy), so Gangsta. probably didn't come from FUNi.
Castle Town Dandelion and Aoharu x Machinegun are both distributed by TBS, who are known for still trying to split by territory wherever possible.

Leaving Blood Blockade Battlefront, Ping Pong: The Animation and Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.

At least we know this:
- BBB is Toho.
- Beck is from Kodansha and Starchild Records.
- Ping Pong is from Aniplex, Dentsu, Fuji TV and Tatsunoko Productions. Also part of the noitaminA block.

NormanicGrav said:
Buzz201 said:

Leaving Blood Blockade Battlefront, Ping Pong: The Animation and Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.

At least we know this:
- BBB is Toho.
- Beck is from Kodansha and Starchild Records.
- Ping Pong is from Aniplex, Dentsu, Fuji TV and Tatsunoko Productions. Also part of the noitaminA block.
Are we sure BBB is Toho? I know Nihon Ad Systems are handling some sales for the series, and they dumped it on Daisuki in selected Asian countries.

Ping Pong is repped by Fuji Creative Corporation, who have licensed shows for multiple territories to FUNimation before, but also have a relationship with Anime Ltd. They are also representing AssClass, so maybe Andrew got both as a package deal?

Apologies if this is further back in the thread but anyone know the latest on Hellsing 9 & 10?

I've been asking Manga, and even Animatsu, via Twitter but they won't respond even to a simple will it be released yes/no question.

I don't think it's been mentioned in a long time. You're probably best just biting the bullet and importing the Aus release. It is identical to what Manga would release anyway (The menus and box are identical to the Manga releases of the other parts).

It's funny really, at the start of 2015 I'm sure Neo mag teased the remaining two parts of Hellsing as a shoe in for a Manga release this year, but now it seems we definitely won't get them until early 2016 attempt the absolute earliest.

NormanicGrav said:
As far as the noitaminA block goes, they were traditionally split so that one of the shows each season was always licensed through FCC and the other by someone else (haven't really kept track lately to know if this is still the case). Back when FUNi had an partnership with Fuji they were guaranteed to get the one noitaminA show, and that show was only available in North America (this was back when they always put simulcasts episodes on YouTube).
E.g. from Winter 2011, FUNi had Fractale ("Licensed by Fuji TV through FCC to FUNimation® Productions") while Crunchyroll had Wandering Son ("Publisher: Aniplex").
I don't know if this is a Fuji "thing" or just that that specific deal only applied to the US. I have a feeling that at least one noitaminA show has had the rights split by region (i.e. a different licensor in Europe to the US) but I can't recall any details.
Ping Pong is one of FCC's: http://www.fujicreative.co.jp/for_buyer ... fault.aspx

(and I have lost complete track of what it was I meant to say...)

Just had an email from Amazon saying the Madoka movies 1+2 got pushed back to 7th September.

Unless I missed something that is pushing a release back by a Month 3 days prior to its supposed availability. Surely they should have had a bit of a clue before now that they wouldn't make that date...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back