Made in Abyss

Vincentdante

Time-Traveller
With more people jumping on the show thanks to MVM's release I thought I would make a thread to dump all of my memes to seriously discuss the show. Seriously this show is good, besides Berserk this is the only show that ever got me to pick up the Manga to see what would happen next.

So anyway the future of the anime fortells that we aren't getting a Season 2, we are instead getting a film follow up which I have lovingly come to call Bondrewd the movie which I am looking forward to.

latest.png

Now let this thread live and grow.

I remember when it aired and no one watched it Cos HIDIVE then it exploded with the anime awards. I like it but I now feel it’s overrated it’s good not great imo.
Shame Scums wish didn’t get this same explosion in popularity thanks to mvm
I am looking forward to the recaps though so I’m kinda holding off watching my BDs

we're not getting a S2 because the arc the film is covering is short, and the arc after (where the manga is currently) hasn't finished yet.

So what do we do at the film? Just get to the screens sit down for 2 hours and hate?

Haven't read it, might try looking for it but I'm hoping the film will have more of Ozen, abyss bless that cantacurous, abrasive old giant

If the film is true to the manga there won't be any Ozen. To be quite frank, the Bondrewd arc is... not the most pleasant. And that's even considering that the series in general can be quite visceral. Or that was my opinion of it anyway.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if they cut or edited things to make it a bit more audience-friendly, so it might end up considerably more palatable than the manga.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if they cut or edited things to make it a bit more audience-friendly, so it might end up considerably more palatable than the manga.

I hope not tbh. I think the original manga was fine, and want the story to remain intact

Maybe that was just me then. Well, it'll be worth a watch either way.

It's certainly not for the sqeuamish this is true but that said it's not something we haven't seen before from this show, imo anyway.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how the anime handles the
Shadow monster Reg vs Abyss powered Bondrewd battle

It's certainly not for the sqeuamish this is true but that said it's not something we haven't seen before from this show, imo anyway.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how the anime handles the
Shadow monster Reg vs Abyss powered Bondrewd battle
Hmn, maybe. It might have been more noticeable in that section when reading the manga because the art (which is amazing) feels a bit more intense than the animated version, and in the Bondrewd section I obviously hadn't seen it animated first to inure myself to it.

Oh, yeah, that should be pretty intense :)

My machine in work broke so I thought I'd drop this...
2zn0cl.jpg

That said with bumping the thread to top, a bunch of people are going for the CE and even the manga now! How many raiders will we have by the time bondrewd drops I wonder... nothing like a film to build a fanbase

started volume three so far, when they see Ozen off. speaking of Ozen...

Ozen expression chart.jpg
I'm thinking I'd be quicker reading it at some old cliff edges I found near where I live, thing is I'd want to take a few more things like my iPad across another district in a sometimes rough town...

Back