Made in Abyss

While this is exciting news I can't help but realise that this is going to be it though, at the rate the manga is released we won't see any more potential anime series for a few good years.

I wonder if they would ever revisit it or if they will do an anime only ending.

While this is exciting news I can't help but realise that this is going to be it though, at the rate the manga is released we won't see any more potential anime series for a few good years.

I wonder if they would ever revisit it or if they will do an anime only ending.

Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, Re Zero etc all had 4 years between seasons, no reason they cant wait. Otherwise I'll start praying for Made in Abyss: Brotherhood.

Let's not rush to conclusions.

They used the same wording which ended up being a film last time. Till they officially confirm its a TV series sequel. We should just be happy its a sequel.

I still think it needs a Little more content for another season, considering how much the film would cover

I kind of agree. The arc after bondrewed (Ilblu village arc? Hollow arc?) still doesn't have a conclusion but perhapes they have it on good faith that it is wrapping up? But with volume 8's release (coming soon to the west) we do fortunately have more of chapters in manga available than what season 1 covered in 13 episodes.

Last edited:
Me in this thread when thinking of posting anything Bondrewed related.

View attachment 12293
Hollow Victory

I think I heard it's out in japan now, haven't heard much else. What I would like is though something like dragon ball's broly for the home release, getting it really soon after Japan, problem is Funi knew releasing Broly quicker would still make what they spent on it back, Abyss is far more niche and sentai would be afraid that it wouldn't make back what an early release costs

Hollow Victory

I think I heard it's out in japan now, haven't heard much else. What I would like is though something like dragon ball's broly for the home release, getting it really soon after Japan, problem is Funi knew releasing Broly quicker would still make what they spent on it back, Abyss is far more niche and sentai would be afraid that it wouldn't make back what an early release costs

Yeah I am very anxious to see this movie myself and that would be perfect. But as you say it probably won't happen soon, and heck I will probably end up waiting even longer for MVM as I don't really like importing if I can help it. But I'm sure when the japanese blu-ray is out there might be some treasure out on the seven seas to tide me over until the release.

Just a heads up, there's a reprint of the first OST on vinyl if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.

I went in on the first pressing, and while a little crackly it's nice to have, couple of listings were going for ~£250 on eBay prior to the reprint, so would suggest jumping on this if you have an interest.

We still need a release of the film in the UK, I'll happily wait for a season 2 as I have done for other series. Hopefully MVM will pick up the film, I believe the series sold pretty well.

I’m pretty sure I heard the film do well too, even if only the Japanese showings happened before quarantine. I silently cheered a little bit for the delay though, may actually come out on a day off for me. Would be a bit awkward to see something like that alone though, unfortunately I don’t know anyone into something as niche as Abyss

Back