London expo

Aw Tasker, sads! If you book enough in advance you can bring the cost of train journeys down by loads - Virgin normally do a pretty good deal for return trips to London, around £35 or so. If you haven't experienced an expo ever... oh man, you're missing out on a hell of a spectacle. It's worth coming down to people-watch alone - cosplay is immensely good. And the etap about 15-20 mins walk away can cost as little as £45 a night, you can share the room with 2 others ^^

Plan ahead for the one in October then XD No excuses for that!

sonia_leong said:

Hehe, I always tell myself that next time i'll be more prepared, and then promptly forget again untill it's too late. lol

sonia_leong said:
Aw Tasker, sads! If you book enough in advance you can bring the cost of train journeys down by loads - Virgin normally do a pretty good deal for return trips to London, around £35 or so. If you haven't experienced an expo ever... oh man, you're missing out on a hell of a spectacle. It's worth coming down to people-watch alone - cosplay is immensely good. And the etap about 15-20 mins walk away can cost as little as £45 a night, you can share the room with 2 others ^^

£35 pound return?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARG!!!!!

sonia_leong said:
So long as you book 2-5 weeks in advance, you can get a weekend break return for £35 or so, yes... sorry, did I break you? T_T

...That also broke me as well, last time i looked at train prices it cost me £96 :cry:

sonia_leong said:
So long as you book 2-5 weeks in advance, you can get a weekend break return for £35 or so, yes... sorry, did I break you? T_T

♫♫♫♫♫You broke my heart yeah yeah yeah♫♫♫♫♫♫

devilrules666 said:
where are we all meeting?

Zin5ki said:
Are people planning to meet somewhere?
There were no official plans for a meetup, but I'll be there on Saturday after 2 /3pm - I have work this Saturday :(
I'll be there on Sunday all day though.

I'm always happy to meet people up. Our traditional meet up spot is the costa cafe

This is an old map, so nevermind for the time annotated in it.
download.php

Uh, so what time are the rest of you there? From what Chaos said, it would be ideal if there meet-up were at 3:30 Pm. Me and my merry little band can meet up you fellow AUKN'ers ^^.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Uh, so what time are the rest of you there? From what Chaos said, it would be ideal if there meet-up were at 3:30 Pm. Me and my merry little band can meet up you fellow AUKN'ers ^^.

3:30 on Saturday is all good to me =)

chaos said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:

3:30 on Saturday is all good to me =)

Sorted then. Anyone else? Don't be shy now.

3.30, okay... I spend most of my time the other end of the hall, eating Chowzen Noodles and £5.00 Pizzas.

I'll try to be there. Actually, I'll be sure to be there. :p DailyBooth

I have no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow, I usually have a general idea of what I want to buy, but I have absolutely no idea. I hope they have Buffy & Angel comics, and might pick up Gurren Lagann if I feel like splurging out on Beez once again, I sort've want to own that on Blu-ray, though. Death Note boxset seems viable, but then again, if I buy it (or any anime) I'm 100% I won't watch it. I have about three Beck volumes from the last three times and I haven't watched 'em. I hope they have good LOST merch!

I will attempt to be there at 3.30 tomorrow. I should be wandering around most of tomorrow. If you see a large man with long hair and a yellow high visibility bag with Telent on it wandering around it will proberbly be me, so come and say hello.

well, I know Jayme and Hopeful Monster. I still look the same, midget japanese guy, 5'6", overweight. Manga girl also said she might say hi.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Ever expanding, ever crowded and you seem to need to get before dawn to get the free goody bag. All the stalls seem to have good bargins (bar Manga, which was more expensive than everywhere else).

The turnout seemed much higher than last year, it was a pain to get pictures taken because the bigger crowd meant more cocks walking in front of your camera when you're clearly trying to take a photo.

Speaking of photos I regret the way I handled Saturday too much. Apparently there were some great cosplayers, including pedobear, but I was so busy running from table to table checking out the great looking figures that I didn't spend enough time taking cosplayer photos.

I've always got today to make up for yesterday, but I think a lot of people only come on one day rather than attend both. Fingers crossed that isn't mostly the case this year.

Oh yeah and the after-party we had with friends was pretty awesome. Once the expo was over we headed to my friend's hotel room, they had two 360's system linked in two separate rooms, so some great games of Halo 3 were played that night.

Overall, a good day out, and today should be pretty good too.

Back