London expo

Manga Girls said:
Hey chaos

You probably should (No wait.... I write a money blog, so saying that is a bad, bad idea) :wink:

But saying that, my budget for the first expo was £50 and I spent that in the first ten minutes!

Expo's are dangerous places...

fullmetalrose said:
The Beez stand esp have good offers - I bought all of Wolf's Rain last year! I would take as much as you can afford really...temptation is rather great when you are at the expo with all the DVDs, CDs and pocky etc!

I can easily see my rent's money going away.. =D

I won't need a badge anymore... I'm the asian guy with loads of shopping bags ;D

Manga Girls said:
Mangafied my hair at the hairdressers. Ready for Expo.

Bring it on...
Well have dyed mine, which has got all the attention from flatmates and work colleagues, but i miss my tash :cry: . ps going as Jet Black

Where at the expo will the free haruhi shiney posters be given away? and does anyoone have a list of al the stands that plan tro give away free stuff

I feather am going both days and I am cosplaying as doctor tendo from the anime style medical game lifesigns. Look out for me, I will be wearing brown trousers, white shirt and a white lab coat with a red tie and brown hair

Yo hopeful_monster

Changing your hair colour can do that. My God, the amount of looks I got when I dyed my hair red to go as Kira. Certainly was an experience! It's dark purple/black this time round as I'm Ritsuka from Loveless.

Ok i'm all ready now. Just got to catch a 6:35 train to make use of those early entry tickets.
If i'm still there by 1300 i'll be there if not i'll say hi as i'm going around.

Have fun everyone and an safe journey there

Manga Girls said:
chaos said:
as a newbie to London Expo, a question: Should I withdraw all the money from my bank account? Is it expected to find nice deals in anime and manga?

There is simply too much I still have to get me ^_^
Hey chaos

You probably should (No wait.... I write a money blog, so saying that is a bad, bad idea) :wink:

Yeah, I've seen that for myself....

Shopping spree does not makes justice to what happened today.
I had a chance to meet Otaku-san, Hopeful Monster (whose hair seemed to me quite natural) and Manga Girl. I was expectig to meet Jayme as he seemed oh so enthusiatic to meet people, but no sign of him....

I believe we could organize some kind of AUKN meetup once in a while it was fun to actually meet other fellow anime fans for real.

I wish I could have gone to this one...went in October with my University anime society. I'd get lost going down on my own as I have no sense of direction :lol:

However including the train ticket I spent £120 in October, so I got my fill. It was my first anime convention, I hope the animesoc go again next October :D

chaos said:
Manga Girls said:
chaos said:
as a newbie to London Expo, a question: Should I withdraw all the money from my bank account? Is it expected to find nice deals in anime and manga?

There is simply too much I still have to get me ^_^
Hey chaos

Yeah, I've seen that for myself....

I had a chance to meet Otaku-san, Hopeful Monster (whose hair seemed to me quite natural) and Manga Girl. I was expectig to meet Jayme as he seemed oh so enthusiatic to meet people, but no sign of him....

I believe we could organize some kind of AUKN meetup once in a while it was fun to actually meet other fellow anime fans for real.

Yes I agree, it was absolutely mental, loved it!!!
But Jez, its going to take you a while till you get through all those comps you got. Honstly, £100 spent for the entire FMA series and film.
Good like trying to find time for meals!

The Dot Hack completed series (all the Hacks) was very tempting O_O
But I just got Gantz and NHK manga as well as some other stuffs

Otaku-san said:
chaos said:

But Jez, its going to take you a while till you get through all those comps you got. Honstly, £100 spent for the entire FMA series and film.

Well back and as soon as i find the cable for the camera will shove some photo's up, but wallet is definitely a whole lot lighter than it was before, but managed to get almost of Gantz, Samurai Champaloo, Trigiun, and some chobits, mushishi, tsubasa, elemental Glade as well as the fancy Haruhi Box. Shame posters hadn't arrived by the time i'd left. Also got some models (all mecha)

Truered said:
I wish I could have gone to this one...went in October with my University anime society. I'd get lost going down on my own as I have no sense of direction :lol:

However including the train ticket I spent £120 in October, so I got my fill. It was my first anime convention, I hope the animesoc go again next October :D

Hey, next time you come, join us on the AUKN meetup =)

Otaku-san said:
I gave up on sleeping, see, I'm still here after 1 am =)

>>Xel<< said:
The Dot Hack completed series (all the Hacks) was very tempting O_O
But I just got Gantz and NHK manga as well as some other stuffs
Root, Sign.. yes, tempting - I've got twilight already. It's an awesome franchise.

hopeful_monster said:
Well back and as soon as i find the cable for the camera will shove some photo's up, but wallet is definitely a whole lot lighter than it was before, but managed to get almost of Gantz, Samurai Champaloo, Trigiun, and some chobits, mushishi, tsubasa, elemental Glade as well as the fancy Haruhi Box. Shame posters hadn't arrived by the time i'd left. Also got some models (all mecha)

Send us the link once you've uploaded somewhere.

Only one let down... although it's supposed to be a two days event, I didn't see much value in going both days... I could always go an stay outside looking at the awesome cosplayers and have frescatos =)

Back home they get singers / bands from openings and endings to perform... even though its a three days event, you end up going, as they do some cosplay competition, they had some drawing / screen write / model workshops.... it's really something unforgettable... they say that the 07 convention got about 79k people... Last time I've been there they've got 45k, it's an absurd size, but very fun...

chaos said:
Only one let down... although it's supposed to be a two days event, I didn't see much value in going both days...

I'm thinking of going to the london expo in october. It'll be my 1st expo :D and i'm not sure whether to go for the one day or stay for both days. Hmmm choices choices. :?

Daftgirl said:
chaos said:
Only one let down... although it's supposed to be a two days event, I didn't see much value in going both days...

I'm thinking of going to the london expo in october. It'll be my 1st expo :D and i'm not sure whether to go for the one day or stay for both days. Hmmm choices choices. :?

your call :eek:) myself, I think that if I was a cosplayer I could enjoy both days, but that's not the case.

hopeful_monster said:
Shame posters hadn't arrived by the time i'd left.
Oh, Is that the reason? I got there and rushed to find the Beez stand soon as I got in (Like, 10:00, or something and I didn't remember about the poster until a few minutes after in which is a fair amount of time in the world of the expo and querying isn't exactly easy, anyway. If I knew they were arriving later I would have turned up later, I was there all day. Damn.

My room is still lacking a Haruhi poster.

Heard about the panel after it was over, but did quiz a few people from beez about news. Pretty much got what you said, but did get a little more. This included the fact that the Sub only release of Gunbuster 2 was sucessful enough for the to do similar releases, they just have to find the right titles to do it with. On the Gundam front he suggested that a Gundam Seed Desinty Boxset was likely in the future and to keep an eye out later this year or early next year. They also couldn't talk about Gundam 00 which is industry speak for in negotiations, don't want to jynx it.

Just got back after sepnding an extra day in London, messing around in some HUGE arcade place next to Chinatown.
First day: Meh.
Second day: AWESOME (though the end slightly pissed me off... I think I've gone and l;ost the autograph I got from L's english voice actor -_-)
Overall, T'was epic and I bought alot of gooood stuff. Oh, and our Travel Lodge was literally a 5 minute walk away !,,! >.< !,,!

urgh missed it as i fell through my front door at 10am saturday morning....slept all day, and sunday got drunk again to get over a girlfriend.
will defo be at the october expo.

Back