London Comic Con - May 2015 Licenses

Ian Wolf said:
Also, talk of trying to release Free!, but they are waiting until they can get it released on Blu-Ray. May also try to get Yowamushi Pedal, and would consider Sailor Moon, Assassination Classroom, Silver Spoon and possibly Gintama.

Man, if they released Gintama, that would be great. It would take them a while to release it all though. There are over 250 episodes and it's still airing now.

I'll judge ANimatsu on the quality of the Nadia release, and if it impresses me then i'm down for all of their licenses barring Triage X

MVM's Fate announcement is kinda more exciting than any of those 'Manga' Sentai repackagings (even though I don't really care for UBW). Might buy that locally since I'm not really up for a massive LE.

R

Definite Purchases:
Durarara!! x2
Fate/Stay Night unlimited budget works
Parasyte the Maxim
Aldnoah Zero (It's my guilty pleasure...)

Maybes:
Fusé: Memoirs Of A Huntress
Madoka Movies (For brother #1)
Knights of Sidonia
Dragonball Z Resurrection 'F' (For brother #2)
Golden Time (For brother #1)

That's a lot of licences. I'll definitely be getting Durarara X2, Fate/Stay Night and the Madoka Magica Movies. Parasyte the Maxim and Index/Railgun are maybes. Not interested in the other licences.

Pretty happy with the licensces today. Madoka Movies, Fate/Stay Night, Parasyte, Durarara!! x2, and Love Live from the other day I'll be getting for sure. (Although I'll wait till next year for Love Live for the Dub version).

I do hope FSN will have dub though, I really enjoyed Fate Zero's dub.

A bit let down that the Naruto Road to Ninja movie wasn't announced but oh well, it's only a matter of time really.

CFsTLFqWgAAUB-e.png

Definite Buys:
- A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
- Golden Time

Maybe Buys:
- Durarara!! x2 (I still haven't bought season 1 and I hope the JP home video release fixes those awful animation issues).
- Fusé: Memoirs Of A Huntress (The premise sounds interesting enough, but I want to learn more).
- Love Love! School Idol Project (will wait for the blu-ray though).

I would have bought the Puella Magi Madoka Magica movies, but I already own the Japanese Aniplex releases and while the TV anime's English dub was pretty good, I don't feel like double-dipping just for a dub.

Buys
Durarara!! x2 (depending on how it's released, seeing people mention 6 parts, if so then not a bloody chance)
Fate/Stay Night: UBW I hope they release it like they did Zero, nothing fancy but a nice lil box.

Maybe
Fusé: Memoirs Of A Huntress (Sounds interesting enough so wait and see, may just import tbh)
Knights of Sidonia (Again, may just import at this point)

Don't care about the rest. Sad thing is the most exciting things for me today were Andrew mentioning Gundam and Jerome mentioning GitS BDs and Gintama, even if the latter is very unlikely. Also surprised no one asked about Hellsing at the Manga panel.

Will Buy
Parasyte: The maxim
Durarara!! x2
Fuse: Memoirs of a Huntress
Captain Earth
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Aldnoah Zero

Maybe Buy
A Certain Magical index
Sword Art Online II

Will Buy
Love Live (Will probably wait for Blu Ray)
Madoka Magica Movies 1 and 2

Might Buy
Madoka Magica Rebellion (Very tempted to just import Aus blu ray which comes out in 2 weeks than wait until September)
A Certain Magical Index
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Fate/Stay Night: UBW (Haven't seen F/Z yet, plan to soon)
Sword Art Online 2 (Same as F/SN, Haven't seen SAO 1 yet)

MVM's 2016

Here's our lineup for 2016. Please note its too early for prices and format...Love live S2, Flowers of Evil, So I Can't Play H, Busou Shinki

Rosen Maiden-Zuruckspulen, Sasami-San@Ganbarani, Photokano, Re-Kan, Outbreak Company, Kamisama Kiss S2, Nyanko!, Love, Election & Chocolate

Hidamari Sketch S1, Kampfer/Kampfer Fur Die Liebe, Kill Me Baby, Maid-Sama! And finally Samurai Harem...and that's just what we've signed.

from Facebook

Man, MVM are so awful. They hardly have anything planned for 2016! (I Jest!) That's an impressive list of stuff already signed off for next year!
There's a few I am interested in.

I thought that I'd aggregate everything from MVM into a simple list, hopefully it's helpful!

MVM:
  1. New Licenses:
    • Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 - DVD, Collector’s Edition, July 27th 2015, BD next year with Dub
    • Amnesia Collection - DVD/BD, £29.99 & £34.99, 6th July 2015.
    • Captain Earth - DVD/BD, PART 1: 13th July 2015, PART 2: 14th September 2015, Sub Only, £24.99 and £29.99 RRP
    • Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - DVD/BD, 19th October 2015.
    • Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Aiming for DVD & BD, End of the Year.
  2. 2016
    • The Flowers of Evil - 2016
    • So, I Can't Play H! - 2016.
    • Love Live! Season 2 - 2016.
    • Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen - 2016
    • Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - 2016.
    • Photo Kano - 2016.
    • Re-Kan! - 2016
    • Outbreak Company - 2016.
    • Kamisama Kiss Season 2 - 2016.
    • Nyanko! - 2016
    • Love, Election & Chocolate - 2016.
    • Hidamari Sketch Season 1 - 2016.
    • Kampfer / Kämpfer für die Liebe - 2016
    • Kill Me Baby - 2016.
    • Maid-Sama! - 2016.
    • Samurai Harem: Asu no Yoichi - 2016

And here's Manga/Animatsu:

Manga:
  1. New Licenses:
    • Knights of Sidonia - DVD/BD, Season 1, August 2015.
    • Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie 1 (Beginnings) - DVD/BD, July 2015.
    • Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie 2 (Eternal) - DVD/BD, July 2015.
    • Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie 3 (Rebellion) - DVD/BD, September 28th 2015.
    • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F - Not too long after US release.
  2. Animatsu
    • A Certain Scientific Railgun - DVD/BD, This Summer.
    • A Certain Magical Index - DVD/BD, This Summer.
    • Parasyte: The Maxim - Summer
    • Triage X
    • Black Bullet
    • Golden Time
  3. Updates:
    • Knights of Sidonia Season 1: Will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in August. Blu-ray edition should be a Deluxe Collector's Edition. Will include all of Sentai's on-disc content.
    • The Madoka Magica Movies: Blu-ray Two Film Collector's Edition as well as a separate standard DVD releases for each film.
    • Railgun and Index: will be released as complete season box sets, based off FUNimation's releases.
    • Evangelion 3.33: It's nearly there, but we're still waiting for real news.
    • Future Diary: "Not yet, we're hoping to hear something soon"
    • Toriko: Jerome passed on it, it hasn't performed well in the US or Australia.
    • Steins;Gate Movie: UK rights haven't been agreed upon yet, but it is under offer. It won't be released until a dub is available tho.
  4. Miscellaneous:
    • Animatsu handle marketing and acquisitions for Manga Entertainment, as well as their own titles where they can do "more cool stuff".
    • Free: Jerome is talking to licensors in regards to Free, but they want to release it on Blu-ray so talks are still on-going.
    • Jerome is interested in some sports anime releases in general; he's particularly keen on Yowamushi Pedal.
    • Would Jerome consider licensing Sailor Moon? "It's a hot property, everyone would love to have it, so we'll see what happens!"
    • Assassination Classroom is high up Jerome's "want" list.
    • FUNimation holds the UK rights to High School DxD Season 2 - Manga Entertainment are waiting for follow-up on a possible UK release.
    • Will JoJo's Bizarre Adventure be licensed? It depends on what Warner Bros Japan choose to do, so "hopefully".
    • Jerome would love to bring Silver Spoon to the UK.
    • Jerome might be interested in "giving Gintama a punt", as it boasts good streaming numbers.
    • Jerome would be interested in a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Blu-ray release if other territories do it.
    • Talks about a Macross Frontier license, and the issues that Harmony Gold cause to block this.

Will Buy

Sword Art Online 2
Durarara X2
Fuse Memoirs of a Huntress
Aldnoah Zero
Madoka Movies

Maybe Buy

Parasyte
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Knights of Sidonia
Black Bullet

Well, Index and Railgun have been on my "maybe one day" list for a while, so a native Blu-ray release will probably knock them up to "get on release". Happy to see the latest DBZ movie, though I was hoping for a box or two of the other films released on blu-ray, but hey-ho...

Hot damn. Wasn't expecting much but pretty happy with the announcements we got. I was actually gonna buy Railgun and Index a few weeks ago, glad I passed it on it now! Also DBZ Resurrection F- not too long after the US release, so this is a theatrical license then? Awe-some!

Back