Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film UK Theatrical Locations Revealed

N

NormanicGrav

Tokyo-Ghoul-2.png

Back in October we mentioned that distributor Anime Limited would be bringing the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film to the United Kingdom and Ireland with a theatrical release as well. Today, the distributor has now offered a new trailer and news that some theatrical locations are available in preparation for the Wednesday 31st January 2018 launch!

The film will be presented in Japanese with English subtitles only and it will only be available for one night. Here’s the story synopsis:

In modern day Tokyo, society lives in fear of Ghouls: creatures who look exactly like humans – yet hunger insatiably for their flesh. None of this matters to Ken Kaneki, a bookish and ordinary boy, until a dark and violent encounter turns him into the first ever Ghoul-human half breed. Trapped between two worlds, Ken must survive the violent conflicts of warring Ghoul factions, while attempting to learn more about his powers.

Here is a brand new UK theatrical trailer from Anime Limited’s official YouTube channel:

Not every cinema chain will provide full times & locations early on (and they may not even bother with it altogether), but for now here are the locations. Currently Prince Charles Cinema and Showcase Cinemas have listings available:

Prince Charles Cinema

Located in London, they have a single screening for 18:10 (6:10pm). You can pre-book your tickets here.

Showcase (De Lux)

The times are currently slated for 20:00 (8:00pm) unless stated below. You can pre-book your tickets here.

• Bluewater
  • Britsol
  • Coventry
  • Derby
  • Leeds
  • Leicester
  • Nottingham
  • Peterborough
  • Reading
  • Southampton
Showcase (Standard)

The times are currently slated for 20:00 (8:00pm). You can pre-book your tickets here.

• Cardiff Nantgarw
  • Dudley
  • Glasgow
  • Manchester
  • Paisley

Tokyo Ghoul’s live-action film heads to UK theatrical screens on Wednesday 31st January 2018 for a single night only. Anime Limited have also released the anime series for Tokyo Ghoul with the first season, the non-canon Root A season, and the OVAs Jack & Pinto – all available on Blu-ray and DVD.

Continue reading...

Already seen it thanks to the Leeds film festival, so unlikely to go and see it again. Times are a bit weird for this one as 8pm is quite late on a weeknight given how far out of town the showcase is. If I hadn’t already seen it I’d have made the effort though.

This would be 30 minute bus + 30 minute train + 15-20 minute bus to reach the cinema, and then it again back... I'm not travelling over 1 hour to see a film

@ayase You're making me feel like Scooter from Borderlands now :)

@Lambadelta you've still got a few years yet mate, but eventually you'll hit a point where you have to do things like this to stay awake. I think @Neil.T will probably get that better than most ;)

Nowhere near me once again. Takes me an hour to catch the train to Cardiff (though driving saves time though I don't drive) shame since I imagine it covers some ground the series did and I enjoyed the first series and it's willingness to explore the ghoul "underground"

Back