One Peace Books has licensed:
*Mikagura School Suite/Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
- Based on a vocaloid album of the same name by Last Note
- Series complete at 8 volumes (I think?)
- The series had an anime adaptation that aired back in Spring 2015. This was an adaptation of these light novels, not directly from the songs (unlike the anime of Kagerou Daze)
- Published in Japan under MF Bunko J
- Volume 1 due out on 29th August

Last edited:
This week's releases:
Vampire Hunter D 25: Undead Island
I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse 2 (E-Book ONLY)
Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension Volume Two: The Fervent Sand Baths (E-Book ONLY)

This week's releases:
Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- 3
Log Horizon 7: The Gold of the Kunie
Accel World 09: The Seven-Thousand-Year Prayer
Durarara! 6
In Another World With My Smartphone 1 (E-Book ONLY)

Plus rereleases of vols 7-10 of Spice and Wolf in e-book format.

I go away for a weekend and a new license appears.

J-Novel Club has licensed for E-book release ONLY:
Bluesteel Blasphemer (same title in English and Japanese)
- Published under HJ Bunko.
- Series is complete at 4 volumes.
- Written by a prolific light novel author who has had various other series with anime adaptations (Outbreak Company, Hitsugi no Chaika, Scrapped Princess, Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica, Magician's Academy, Strait Jacket), although this title, his first with Hobby Japan, does not have one or any plans for one.
- Guns, action, alchemy and isekai tensei.
- Part 1-4 are available to read now.

Yen Press have licensed:

So I'm A Spider, So What?/Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
- Light novel version is ongoing with 5 volumes out at present. I'm not sure about the status of the web novel, but the last chapter was a month ago and the chapter numbers go up to 300 with various unnumbered chapters.
- Published under Kadokawa BOOKS (same label as Death March)
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou.
- This series ranked 3rd overall in the first tankobon/novels ranking in last year's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! booklet, and was first excluding the popular vote's ranks.
- No release date yet.

Regarding Reincarnated as Slime/Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
- Light novel version ongoing with 10 volumes, web novel finished with 10 volumes having been wound up quickly after the series got picked up for professional release.
- Published under GC Novels, a relatively small label for whom this series is basically their only hit.
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou, this series is arguably the one that started the trend for weird reincarnations on that site (see above).
- Probably the series that has seen the fastest growth in light novel sales in Japan in recent years without the aid of an anime or live action adaptation.
- Indeed it is now the best selling light novel in Japan by an author who has never seen an anime or live action adaptation of any of their works.
- No release date yet.

The Saga of Evil Tanya/Youjo Senki
- Ongoing series with 7 volumes out at present.
- Published under ENTERBRAIN (Overlord, Log Horizon).
- Originally a web novel published on Arcadia.
- Received an anime adaptation in Winter 2017 (although I've heard the anime deviates quite far from the novels towards the end).
- Volume 1 pencilled in for release in November, but it seems to be somewhat unofficial at the moment.

Last edited:
All good licences i'll definitely be buying, especially kumo desu.

However here is still my obligatory where the hell is my Highschool DxD?

Added details to the post above.

This week's releases:
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 8
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 2: Love, Witches & Other Delusions!
Sword Art Online 10: Alicization Running
The Devil is a Part-Timer 7
Goblin Slayer 2
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers 1
The Rising of the Shield Hero 7
Baccano! 4: Drug & the Dominos
Black Bullet 6: Purgatory Strider
The Asterisk War 03: The Phoenix War Dance
The Irregular at Magic High School 4: Nine School Competition Arc II
Tokyo Ghoul: Past
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash 3 level. 3: You Have To Accept That Things Won't Always Go Your Way (E-Book ONLY)

Last edited:
Wow looks like Yen are releasing a volume of basically everything this week!

Have got DanMachi, KonoSuba and SAO on order. Will pick up Devil is a Part-Timer later when I catch up on the previous two volumes. ^^;

Danmachi 8, KonoSuba 2, Rokka 1 & Baccano! 4 for me :)

Eventually I'll likely be purchasing Tokyo Ghoul: Past (Once I've finished the Manga) & Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash once it's out physically.

Yen Press have licensed:

So I'm A Spider, So What?/Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
- Light novel version is ongoing with 5 volumes out at present. I'm not sure about the status of the web novel, but the last chapter was a month ago and the chapter numbers go up to 300 with various unnumbered chapters.
- Published under Kadokawa BOOKS (same label as Death March)
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou.
- This series ranked 3rd overall in the first tankobon/novels ranking in last year's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! booklet, and was first excluding the popular vote's ranks.
- The author said in an interview with Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! that they were inspired to write the series after reading Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (below)
- No release date yet.

Regarding Reincarnated as Slime/Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
- Light novel version ongoing with 10 volumes, web novel finished with 10 volumes having been wound up quickly after the series got picked up for professional release.
- Published under GC Novels, a relatively small label for whom this series is basically their only hit.
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou, this series is arguably the one that started the trend for weird reincarnations on that site (see above).
- Probably the series that has seen the fastest growth in light novel sales in Japan in recent years without the aid of an anime or live action adaptation.
- Indeed it is now the best selling light novel in Japan by an author who has never seen an anime or live action adaptation of any of their works.
- No release date yet.

The Saga of Evil Tanya/Youjo Senki
- Ongoing series with 7 volumes out at present.
- Published under ENTERBRAIN (Overlord, Log Horizon).
- Originally a web novel published on Arcadia.
- Received an anime adaptation in Winter 2017 (although I've heard the anime deviates quite far from the novels towards the end).
- Volume 1 pencilled in for release in November, but it seems to be somewhat unofficial at the moment.

I have plenty on the go already but ..the temptation for all..

Seven Seas has licensed:

Monster Girl Doctor/Monster Musume no Oishasan
- Series has 2 volumes out. I've no idea whether it is ongoing or not as this isn't a series that I've paid any attention to whatsoever.
- Illustrated by the mangaka of Monster Musume, a bestselling manga series for Seven Seas.
- Published under Shueisha's Dash Ex Bunko.
- Volume 1 due out as a physical release and e-book on 19th December.

Only found out about this license through English Light Novels.

Bookwalker is set to release, presumably in e-book format ONLY:

The Combat Baker and His Automaton Waitress/Tatakau Panya to Automaton Waitress
- Series is ongoing at 6 volumes
- Published under HJ Bunko
- The series was the 6th ranked new release in Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2016
- Volume 1 due for release in June, this will be a bookwalker exclusive for the first 6 months

By the way @Buzz201 - Youjo Senki/The Saga of Evil Tanya is scheduled for both physical and ebook release yenpress on Twitter

Last edited:
Back