Seven Seas Entertainment has licensed:
*Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch
- Volume 1 of an 8 volume series (which goes from zero to seven in number order), the series has been finished since 1995, with volume zero having been the last one.
- Published under Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko, it was one of the first things ever released under the label way back in April 1988. This also makes it the second earliest light novel series to ever get licensed for English release (behind Guin Saga)
- Due for hardcover release on 31st October in a gold-trimmed edition.

Last edited:
This week's releases:
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody 1
Overlord 3: The Bloody Valkyrie
Strike the Blood 5: Fiesta for the Observers
Kagerou Daze 6: Over the Dimension
The Faraway Paladin 1 (Ebook ONLY)
Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension 1 (Ebook ONLY)

Plus rereleases of volumes 2 and 3 of Spice and Wolf in ebook format.

Incidentally I'm starting to think that bookdepository's bestsellers rank is "total sales of the year to date". Which would make comparing one month's releases to another rather less meaningful. Whatever the reason, every release this week saw a far higher ranking than the previous release from the same series, and Death March vol 1 has the highest rank I've ever seen for a light novel at the time of checking its ranking.

Last edited:
Just put it as "serialised" or something?

Incidentally I just noticed that the h in Ryohgo Narita's name is in a different place on the Durarara!! entry to the Baccano! entry in the OP. And both of them are wrong.

Just put it as "serialised" or something?

Incidentally I just noticed that the h in Ryohgo Narita's name is in a different place on the Durarara!! entry to the Baccano! entry in the OP. And both of them are wrong.

That'll be my fault. :(

Weirdly, whilst hunting online for a copy of Kizumonogatari the other week, I noticed NisioIsin is actually listed on several retailers' sites as Nishio Ishin. (Bakemonogatari is seemingly unaffected.)

This week's releases:
My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World Vol. 2: The Half-Baked Vampire vs. the Strongest Little Sister?! (e-book ONLY)
Paying to Win in a VRMMO: Volume 1 (e-book ONLY)

Huge difference in ranking between the two, incidentally.

As mentioned in the news thread, J-Novel Club have licensed for E-Book release ONLY:

In Another World With My Smartphone/Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou.
- Published under HJ Novels.
- Both the web novel and the physical release are ongoing, with the light novel being on 7 volumes at present, and the web novel being divided into 29 volumes.
- This is the first "Cheat" subgenre light novel to get a release in English*. This is basically where the protagonist is reincarnated or transported to another world but deliberately given the ability to take a single item from their old life to the new world, in order to enable them to effectively cheat their way through their new life - although of course this doesn't necessarily mean that things are easy for them...
This series, though, is a relatively laid-back example of the subgenre.
- Part 1-3 are available to read now.

*KonoSuba parodies the genre but arguably avoids actually becoming one. Oh, and KonoSuba isn't out until next week.

Last edited:
J-Novel Club has licensed for E-Book release ONLY:

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest/Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
- Originally a web novel published on Shousetsuka ni Narou.
- Published under Overlap Bunko
- The light novel is ongoing at 5 volumes, whereas the web novel is finished with 8, although a sequel series "Arifureta Afterstory" is still ongoing.
- Parts 1 and 2 available to read now

This week's releases:
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 1: Oh! My Useless Goddess
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria Vol. 2
A Certain Magical Index 10
Psycome 3: Murder Maiden and the Fatal Final
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Volume 1 (E-Book ONLY)
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash level. 2 Everything is Precious (E-Book ONLY)
Occultic;Nine 2 (E-Book ONLY)

Plus rereleases of vols 4-6 of Spice and Wolf in e-book format.

KonoSuba volume 1:
Bestsellers rank: 252

New record.

The ones out this week you probably just have to wait for, though. Seven Seas are to release Grimgar and Occultic;Nine. And Realist Hero is apparently (according to the AMA they did this week) the most read series on the J-Novel Club website, which might increase the chance of that getting a physical release too.

Back