As mentioned by Demelza in the news section, j-novel club has announced the license to two brilliant series, again for digital release ONLY:

*Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)
- Ongoing series.
- 9 volumes out so far.
- Published under Overlap Bunko, it is the second top selling series under the label, behind Infinite Stratos
- Had an anime adaptation in Winter 2016.
- The first 4 parts are available to read now.

*I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse! (Ore ga Heroine wo Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Apocalypse!?)
- Ongoing series.
- 16 volumes out so far, making it the second longest series in the publishing label's history.
- Published under HJ Bunko
- The first part is available to read now.

A shame about digital only but who knows, maybe down the line...

Seems we might be getting more LNs from Seven Seas too as thier twitter is looking for translaters who are light novel fans...

Yen Press have licensed:

*Your Name./Kimi no Na wa.
- Completed in Japan at 1 volume.
- Written by Makoto Shinkai as the base for the smash hit anime film.
- Published under both Kadokawa Bunko and Kadokawa Tsubasa Bunko, the image on YP's twitter shows the Kadokawa Bunko version.
- No details about release date yet.

*Your Name. Another Side: Earthbound/Kimi no Na wa. ANOTHER SIDE:EARTHBOUND
- Completed in Japan at 1 volume.
- As the title suggests, it is a spin-off of Your Name./Kimi no Na wa..
- Published under Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko.
- No details about release date yet.

I've got and read vol 3 of Legrnd of the Galactic Heroes and when I saw in the back of the book that vol 4 will be in June I groaned. Such a long wait when the first three volumes came out quite quick.

I'm guessing things came down to the wire with acquiring the rest of the series, so they didn't have time to start preparing translations, but I could quite see sales plummeting after such an enormous gap.

J-Novel Club has announced the license to two more titles for digital release ONLY:

*The Faraway Paladin/Saihate no Paladin
- Ongoing series
- 2 volumes out so far, though based on a webnovel with 4 volumes of content.
- Published under Overlap Bunko

*Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension/Isekai Konyoku Monogatari
- Ongoing series
- 4 volumes out so far.
- Published under Overlap Bunko

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope the LOTGH delays aren't down to poor sales - but imagine they might be. A shame, as it's one of the better translations out there.

Impressive that J Novel club are picking up so much recently. I'll be waiting til the collected editions to grab them.

Yeah, I hope the LOTGH delays aren't down to poor sales - but imagine they might be. A shame, as it's one of the better translations out there.

Impressive that J Novel club are picking up so much recently. I'll be waiting til the collected editions to grab them.

They recently acquired the remaining 7 novels, after originally announcing that they had only acquired the first 3 and would drop them if they didn't sell. Sales can't be offputtingly low for them.

Yen Press have licensed:

* Sound Euphonium/Hibike! Euphonium
- The announcement mentions specifically the first volume. This was the original story - the later volumes were two sequels and a set of side stories.
- Series complete in Japan at four volumes, although there was a spin-off volume in October and it's possible that more spinoffs will come out in the future.
- Published under Takarajimasha Bunko.
- An anime adaptation aired in Spring 2015, with an adaptation of the sequel novels currently airing in Autumn 2016.
- Due for release Summer 2017

*Magical Girl Raising Project/Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
- Ongoing series
- 10 volumes out so far.
- Published under Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! Bunko
- Has an anime adaptation ongoing at present in Autumn 2016.
- Due for release Summer 2017

Last edited:
Back