Legal Streaming 2018: Q1 Winter Season | The Year of the Sequels

Out of curiosity, has the subbed versions been removed for all of the titles that got added onto Crunchyroll?
  • Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire (Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) | Crunchyroll
  • Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar (Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari) | Crunchyroll
  • Yu Yu Hakusho [Season 3] | Crunchyroll
I can't find Diamidlar on Funi, but the other 2 still have Japanese as an option. Same with Guyver. Puchim@s is still there Japanese only.
Psycho Pass Extended Edition is also Japanese only. Is there new material in this? I thought each episode was 2 from the original stuck together.

I can't find Diamidlar on Funi, but the other 2 still have Japanese as an option. Same with Guyver. Puchim@s is still there Japanese only.
Psycho Pass Extended Edition is also Japanese only. Is there new material in this? I thought each episode was 2 from the original stuck together.

A few tidbits:
  • Daimidaler was one of the few titles that never got added onto Funimation UK, presumably because it got added onto Animax UK instead.
  • Psycho Pass Extended Edition has new scenes and was never dubbed. It's also one of the few titles that never got a retail release by Funimation.
  • Funimation usually gives it some time before the subtitled version gets removed in the US/CA side.

Amazon Prime | New Addition [Simulcast]

DTXWZT2WAAALfhw.jpg

Killing Bites
The series is now streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime in both UK & US. This is part of the Animeism programming block.

Beatless hasn't showed up yet (which is also part of Animeism) but I'm guessing there's a bit of a delay and it might appear later.

Crunchyroll | Updated Regions [Simulcast]

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Regions: Worldwide except Asia

HAKYU HOSHIN ENGI
Regions: Worldwide except Asia

Netflix | New Addition [Catalog]

Fate/Apocrypha [2nd Half]

The second half of the series will be heading to Netflix for United States & Canada on February 9th. The rest of the world should receive it in early March 2018.

Beatless hasn't showed up yet (which is also part of Animeism) but I'm guessing there's a bit of a delay and it might appear later.
Still not up. Found it!
The search system is terrible on the Amazon App (PS4). I searched 'Beatless' and it came up "Here are the results for Beatles", cue loads of results for The Beatles! I tried 'Beatless anime' and nothing, tried just 'anime' and tried to scroll through 400 odd results, got into the weeds of random stuff and gave up, tried going to the animation genre section for tv and got nothing but Western kids shows for the first 100 results, so gave up that.
Finally I went back to just Beatless and then started spelling out anime. 'Beatless a' still had results for "Beatles a", but then 'Beatless an' came up results for "Beatles am"!? and there it was all on its lonesome! 'Beatless ani' comes up "Beatless anime" with no results!

Amazon Prime | New Addition [Simulcast]

DTakTKLWAAA_Rgy.jpg

BEATLESS
The series is now streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime in the UK. US listing isn't up yet. This is part of the Animeism programming block.

Random note but I've now figured out how to get the country code regions for Crunchyroll titles.

Just to give an example, here's the regions available for Garo -VANISHING LINE-:
ai ag aw bs bb bz bm bq ca ky cr cu cw dm do sv gd gp gt ht hn jm mq mx ms an ni pa pr bl kn lc mf vc sx tt tc us vg vi ar bo br cl co ec ** gf gy py pe sr uy ve cx cc dk fo fi gg is ie im je nl no se gb as au gu nz nf mp um za hm

Translated as:
American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Finland, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guyana, Haiti, Heard and Mcdonald Islands, Honduras, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Saint-Barthélemy, Saint-Martin (French part), South Africa, Suriname, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, US Minor Outlying Islands, US Virgin Islands, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic)

And another example with Space Battleship Yamato 2199:
ca pr us vi as gu mp um

Translated as:
Canada, Puerto Rico, United States, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Minor Outlying Islands.

Netflix | New Addition [Catalog]

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
Regions: All territories with access to Netflix

Sword Art Online II
Regions: United Kingdom & Ireland

Crunchyroll | New Addition [Funimation Catalogue]

Chaos;HEAd
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa

Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire (Kenzen Robo Daimidaler)
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Premium Members in Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark. and the Netherlands

Good Luck Girl! (Binbougami ga!)
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark. Netherlands

Haganai: I Don’t Have Many Friends (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland

Haganai: I Don’t Have Many Friends NEXT (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT)
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland

Psycho Pass Extended Edition
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, and Premium Members in Sweden, Norway, Denmark

PUCHIM@S! Petit iDOLM@STER Seasons 1 & 2
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand

Show By Rock!! Season 1
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark. Netherlands

STARMYU Season 1
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark. Netherland

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar (Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari)
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 3, 4 & OVAs
Regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand

Crunchyroll | Unavailable for the UK [Funimation Catalogue]

.hack//G.U. Trilogy
Regions: United States, Canada

Desert Punk

Kaze No Stigma

Origin: Spirits of the Past

Tenchi Muyo! Tenchi Universe

The Disastrous Streaming Life of Saiki K.

You may have noticed that this series has not yet appeared for either Crunchyroll or Funimation's line-up over the past couple of weeks. Usually they would announce it just before it officially begins airing in Japan. However, in this instance the show's second season began airing days ago and no one has brought it up whatsoever.

Just recently myself and the folks on the Crunchyroll forums noticed that the show's on-air webpage has been updated to mention that Netflix got first dibs for streaming rights with other retailers like Amazon Video and PlayStation following soon after.

I don't know if Netflix are covering the series for worldwide but I'll assume it's Japan only for now. If Funimation (who own Season 1) don't say anything within the next 7-10 days then assume the worst case scenario.

HIDIVE | New Addition [Catalogue]

Matoi the Sacred Slayer Special (Soushin Shoujo Matoi: Yuma-chin, Matomemashita - Nanimo Kitenakute... Natsu)
The recap special is now available on the service.

The Disastrous Streaming Life of Saiki K.

You may have noticed that this series has not yet appeared for either Crunchyroll or Funimation's line-up over the past couple of weeks. Usually they would announce it just before it officially begins airing in Japan. However, in this instance the show's second season began airing days ago and no one has brought it up whatsoever.

Just recently myself and the folks on the Crunchyroll forums noticed that the show's on-air webpage has been updated to mention that Netflix got first dibs for streaming rights with other retailers like Amazon Video and PlayStation following soon after.

I don't know if Netflix are covering the series for worldwide but I'll assume it's Japan only for now. If Funimation (who own Season 1) don't say anything within the next 7-10 days then assume the worst case scenario.

Just a quick mini-update on this. Amazon's version is more or less a 'rent/buy' option rather than part of Amazon Prime itself, the same also applies to The Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 also.

DUGpmXUW0AATcfm.jpg

DUGpnk_X4AEhVcE.jpg

Ooooh so much to see! This dub fan doesn't mind subs now. Been watching a fair few subs as of late but, I wish Amazon and Netflix would list which ones have a dub option easier. I always just presume their sub until I take a mooch on languages. So when I'm not in a sub mood I've been ignoring ones which possibly have a dub. Woe is me.

I'm holding off on Violet Evergarden till there's a few episodes so I can binge. Watched Episode 1 when it was shown at MCM back in October.

Back