Legal Streaming 2017: Q2 Spring season | Stream Wars: The Amazon Strikes Back

Amazon certainly seem keen this season. I wasn't all that bothered as I watch very little each season so missing out on something isn't a big deal, but someone told me that Re:Creators was written by the guy who wrote Black Lagoon and directed by the guy who directed Fate/Zero...is this accurate? Because I may have to be watching that.....

I just had a look at the anime selection on Amazon and it seems a lot of stuff on Viewster is listed on Amazon but it's not available at the moment.

So, not content with taking my most anticipated sequel (SaeKano) away from me, as well as my most anticipated spin-off (DanMachi SO), Amazon is now taking away my most anticipated new series (Sakurada Reset) as well?

Sigh...

Is it even worth the bother of looking into other stuff at this point?

So, not content with taking my most anticipated sequel (SaeKano) away from me, as well as my most anticipated spin-off (DanMachi SO), Amazon is now taking away my most anticipated new series (Sakurada Reset) as well?

Sigh...

Is it even worth the bother of looking into other stuff at this point?

If they have that much stuff you feel strongly about, you could switch over to an Amazon sub for this season. You can get a sub to just the video bit for not much more than a CR sub, plus you get a bunch of TV shows and films too.

If they have that much stuff you feel strongly about, you could switch over to an Amazon sub for this season. You can get a sub to just the video bit for not much more than a CR sub, plus you get a bunch of TV shows and films too.

I suppose if all this stuff is on there then they will have more of interest than CR did when I first subscribed to them.

I don't want to encourage them, though, and try to avoid giving money to Amazon as much as possible (they make it quite clear that their objective is to grab as much market share in as many industries as possible, and I do not want to support that - plus there's the fact that they quite clearly don't give a damn about fandoms and communities, and have gone out of their way to inconvenience me on many occasions). So no, I'm just going to go without instead. It's not as though there won't be stuff on CR for me.

I've got the novels of SaeKano and will get the Sword Oratoria novels, so it's not as though I'll miss out on the stories. I've had Sakurada Reset on my shortlist of stuff to get since before the anime was announced as well, so I could always just get them too, but was going to wait for the anime before deciding to buy them or not, and exchange rates mean that I'm not even keeping up with purchases of the series I'm already getting.

Oh, and TV shows and films hold zero to negative interest to me.

Amazon Prime / Crunchyroll / Daisuki | New Addition with Region Confirmation Later [Simulcast]

guZpK.jpg

Eromanga Sensei
Aniplex of America have picked up the rights to this series, from the creator behind Oreimo, and will be streaming on Amazon, Crunchyroll and Daisuki. Amazon may be US only like Blue Exorcist was.

Crunchyroll | New Addition [Simulcast]

a470b56d7595f34d4c7c5d4fc40bf44e1490993282_full.jpg

The Silver Guardian (Gin no Guardian)
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions Worldwide outside Asia.

BONO BONO [Season 2]
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions Worldwide outside Asia.

Future Card Buddyfight X
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions Worldwide outside Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia.

Funimation | New Addition [Simulcast]

Sakura Quest
The show will be given the English dub simulcast treatment over on Funimation.

Crunchyroll | New Addition (Region Confirmation) [Simulcast]

Attack on Titan [Season 2]
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Nordics, Netherlands,South Africa, Central and South America.

My Hero Academia [Season 2]
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sweden.

I wonder if Amazon will have all of those shows in the UK. If there's a deal between Sentai and Amazon then it may not always include UK rights for those shows. I can't say I'm confident that Crunchyroll would pick up UK specific rights for any shows that were missed (though I suppose it's possible), so that could result in less shows being at all available in the UK.

I suppose that wouldn't make a difference for those who aren't interested in Amazon either way but it's an interesting situation. Of course, maybe I'm just missing something and there's already information confirming how things will go.

I'm basically two seasons behind at this point, so maybe I shouldn't be worrying about it too much.

fbdfbf974e4311d95ed137db1f76ef371491056138_full.jpg

World Fool News [Season 2]
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions Worldwide except Japan.

c36b3f0c42a12e3319284774154990eb1491068892_full.jpg

The World YAMIZUKAN
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions Worldwide except Asia.

Last edited:
Amazon Prime | New Addition with Region Confirmation Later [Simulcast]

anonymous-noise-sentai-filmworks-870x520.png

Anonymous Noise (Fukumenkei Noise)
From director Hideya Takahashi (Keijo!!!!!!!!) and studio Brains Base (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) based on the manga written by Ryoko Fukuyama; Anonymous Noise has been acquired by Sentai Filmworks. The distributor has confirmed simulcast plans for Amazon Prime's Anime Strike service in North America. Regions are unknown for everywhere else.

The Anime Network | New Addition [Simulcast]

sentai-filmworks-frame-arms-girl-870x520.png

Frame Arms Girl
Sentai's TAN service will be simulcasting the show for regions United States of America, Canada, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, South Africa, and Latin America.

2bfbc6359e98baec20c9edea2e7fd3c31491223507_full.jpg

The Laughing Salesman (Warau Salesman New) [2017]
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions Worldwide except Asia.

42c9c67ce239ab3205911992d83a12f81491232447_full.jpg

STARMYU [Season 2]
The show will be simulcasting on Crunchyroll for regions Worldwide except Russia/CIS, and Asia (with West Asia).

Couple thing that can be said for Amazon vs CR is I've never experienced their servers being down due to strain, and their video quality is great generally. Need to give their anime offerings a go soon.

One thing I also like about Amazon is that you can download episodes to watch when you don't have a connection. Not a feature I use an awful lot, but it's nice that it's there.

Back