1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

It's not the end of the world...

Discussion in 'Random Chit-Chat' started by ayase, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Straw Hat Pirate

How long till we're able to interact with holograms physically.

2. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

a small price for the perfect Waifu, the language may be an issue though

3. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

>Ugly

u wot m8?

4. qaiz

qaiz Thousand Master

>Anime Girl
    >Not ugly
    >Greentext outside of 4chan.

5. IncendiaryLemon

Are you somehow implying all anime girls are ugly or something? Also, I wasn't really using greentext, I just use arrows like that as a way to highlight key points that someone says. I didn't know it wasn't proper to do so outside the context of 4Chan. I don't even use 4Chan...

6. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Straw Hat Pirate

4chan is still a thing?

7. serpantino

serpantino Adventurer

Welcome to ShiChan

8. qaiz

qaiz Thousand Master

Yup.

9. IncendiaryLemon

What even.

10. qaiz

qaiz Thousand Master

My my anime girl, what big eyes you have. Anime girls are an insult to life itself.

11. IncendiaryLemon

I am genuinely offended right now.

12. ThatguyfromNorway

ThatguyfromNorway Completely Average High School Student

If they get licensed characters, I would love to have one of these if they get dubbed.

13. NoSurprises

NoSurprises School Idol

[​IMG]

14. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

The > for quotes is older than 4chan, people used to do that on Usenet...

Rui likes this.
  15. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

anyone remember Hand Maid May? well this is a real like step towards that.

16. Zin5ki

Zin5ki Railgun

The shortness and stoutness I could perhaps tolerate, but howsoever would you cope with their ceaseless instructive cries whenever they see the teacups?

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  17. IdiomaticLynx

IdiomaticLynx Brigade Leader

There, fixed it for you. :p

In all seriousness, I think using an anime character is probably a better approach than attempting to create a life-like character. Regardless, I wouldn't want such device (same goes for Amazon Echo and the like)

18. Vashdaman

Vashdaman Combat Butler

I don't understand how having one of these wouldn't just make a lonely person feel more lonely. I know it would make me feel it more. I mean if they were fully fledged AI like in that film with Juaquin Phoenix, I could understand that. But I'm guessing this is a long way off of that.
    It's why I'm baffled by the market for dating sim games. Playing one would make me feel so hollow inside. Unless I was playing it for the story or something

19. IncendiaryLemon

You could make the argument that it lets lonely people simulate what non-lonley people do. To go back to your dating sim comparison, people who have never/will likely never be in a relationship still want to know what it feels like to fall in love, yet find themselves unable to easily do so in the real world for whatever reason, so a simulation will at least give them a little bit of that feeling, even if it's ultimately meaningless.

20. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

I play loads of dating sims; I did when I was single and I do now I'm not single. I don't really see the characters as people I really want as my partner (thank goodness, as I prefer rather edgy titles!) and just enjoy the fun of getting to know them as the story unfolds. I also don't want to become a plumber when I play Super Mario Bros or an animal kidnapper when I play Pokemon ;D

R