It's not the end of the world...

>Anime Girl
>Not ugly
>Greentext outside of 4chan.

Are you somehow implying all anime girls are ugly or something? Also, I wasn't really using greentext, I just use arrows like that as a way to highlight key points that someone says. I didn't know it wasn't proper to do so outside the context of 4Chan. I don't even use 4Chan...

Anime girls are an insult to life itself.
Hayao-Miyazaki-Venice-tsrimg.jpg

Are you somehow implying all anime girls are ugly or something? Also, I wasn't really using greentext, I just use arrows like that as a way to highlight key points that someone says. I didn't know it wasn't proper to do so outside the context of 4Chan. I don't even use 4Chan...

The > for quotes is older than 4chan, people used to do that on Usenet...

Just a fancy an ugly Amazon Echo with an ugly a fancy anime character.
There, fixed it for you. :p

In all seriousness, I think using an anime character is probably a better approach than attempting to create a life-like character. Regardless, I wouldn't want such device (same goes for Amazon Echo and the like)

I don't understand how having one of these wouldn't just make a lonely person feel more lonely. I know it would make me feel it more. I mean if they were fully fledged AI like in that film with Juaquin Phoenix, I could understand that. But I'm guessing this is a long way off of that.
It's why I'm baffled by the market for dating sim games. Playing one would make me feel so hollow inside. Unless I was playing it for the story or something

I don't understand how having one of these wouldn't just make a lonely person feel more lonely. I know it would make me feel it more. I mean if they were fully fledged AI like in that film with Juaquin Phoenix, I could understand that. But I'm guessing this is a long way off of that.
It's why I'm baffled by the market for dating sim games. Playing one would make me feel so hollow inside. Unless I was playing it for the story or something

You could make the argument that it lets lonely people simulate what non-lonley people do. To go back to your dating sim comparison, people who have never/will likely never be in a relationship still want to know what it feels like to fall in love, yet find themselves unable to easily do so in the real world for whatever reason, so a simulation will at least give them a little bit of that feeling, even if it's ultimately meaningless.

I play loads of dating sims; I did when I was single and I do now I'm not single. I don't really see the characters as people I really want as my partner (thank goodness, as I prefer rather edgy titles!) and just enjoy the fun of getting to know them as the story unfolds. I also don't want to become a plumber when I play Super Mario Bros or an animal kidnapper when I play Pokemon ;D

R

Back