in anime and/or manga which is your expertise

Animefreak17

Godhand
im just curious but which Genres are you guys experts on e.g.
someone here could know alot about-
giant robot animes
eechi animes
Romance
Horror
fantasy
anime related games
you know what im saying

Shoujo is a major one of mine, but that said I have my fingers in a lot of pies across genres. From Planetes to Please teacher, Chobits to Clannad, Outlaw Star to Ouran High School Hosts club.

"None in particular", for me.

I think you tend to find this more amongst older fans, who were limited in what they had access to and thus put all their efforts into one genre, or even one show. I'm sure you still get people like that now, too, but it feels like it was more prevalent before googlepedia turned everyone into an "expert" on everything.

I wouldn't eat the same food for breakfast everyday cos I would get sick of
it quickly, it's the same for anime. If you stick to one genre
anime can get stale very quickly.

I used to be mad on bl/shonan-ai shows, but in the end the all started to meld into each other and get dull. Now I just watch what sounds interesting.

I think I am heavily biased towards historical/historical fantasy type stuff which I tend to wallow in, but I also love series from all genres. Even genres or settings I actually have no interest in whatsoever (like sports).

R

Rui said:
I think I am heavily biased towards historical/historical fantasy type stuff which I tend to wallow in, but I also love series from all genres. Even genres or settings I actually have no interest in whatsoever (like sports).

R
actually im the same way im not much of a anime sports fan but historical/historical fantasy i like too

BUT the ones i like the most is myth and legends they use in anime e.g.

goku
Tsunade,
Orochimaru,
Jiraiya
Kitsune ( 9 tailed fox )
Oni (a japanese folklore seen i some anime )

BlackWolf said:
Guess i'm a all around Mech expert :) Also dabble in Type-MOON stuff here and there like Fate/Stay, Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime
Have accepted the existence of that you forefeit any status as a Type-Moon fag.

Mecha, bishoujo,and yuri/shoujo ai.

"in anime and/or manga which is your expertise"
"what Otaku type are you"

Essentially the same thing....

"which anime character would you be"

Pretty close to the above.

AF17, thought you where going to think before posting?

I don't really want to defend him, but the questions he's asking in all them threads are indeed different enough. It might be worth opening a dedicated ANIMEFREAK17 thread where he can ask all this stuff though.

Jaymii said:
Regrettably shonen [JUMP]? I'm good with most stuff bar mecha, moe and fanservice.
Mecha and fanservice are shounen for the most part, as is a fair amount of moe (Negima!, the World God only Knows, Hayate no Gotoku..) .

You mean you just like battle manga stuff?

I did kinda specify JUMP stuff. They do fanservice-y crap on occasion, but it's rare for them to last long.

edit: I did also have it written as "the moe aesthetic" at one point to avoid all that, even though I specifically mean the more pandering, weak and terribly sad shows. I've seen Hayate, for instance and it works and Haruhi arguably embraces elements of it and I adore that world.

Started of as a Sci-fi and Slice-of-life fan and went downhill from there (or not). Now I like pretty much everything bar what Jaym...ii (gotta get used to that) describes above.

Reality grounded, or hard sci-fi is still probably my absolute favourite with shows like GitS and Patlabor. Also just stuff with really well written characters, regardless of genre.

Oh, also tough chicks blowing **** up.

ayase said:
Started of as a Sci-fi and Slice-of-life fan and went downhill from there (or not). Now I like pretty much everything bar what Jaym...ii (gotta get used to that) describes above.

Reality grounded, or hard sci-fi is still probably my absolute favourite with shows like GitS and Patlabor. Also just stuff with really well written characters, regardless of genre.

Oh, also tough chicks blowing **** up.
nice.................. 8)

Oh, my favourites vary from everywhere. It's usually the more naturalistic stories with a side of crazy (be it supernatural or otherwise). Just looking at my list though, there's a whole lot of JUMP and went through of a phase of knowing that stuff quite well, so I just said that's my expertise.

Back