Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny falls afoul of the BBFC... kinda

Project-2501 said:
I wonder how many people happily watch fansubs based on cut Japanese TV rips?
They're not cut, they're censored. half the screen being a dodgy lighting effect is not a cut. TV cuts are normaly whole episodes being removed and normaly due to being to close to a recent event (school days, Higurashi etc.).

Just Passing Through said:
All that is cut is one of the extra features. Having seen it via the wonders of Google. It certainly isn't worth losing sleep over. It isn't a mauling of the show in the way that Paranoia Agent or Code Geass were mauled. It isn't even one of those stupid licensor requirements that gets a song altered in K-ON!

Buy the MVM release. Support the industry, if you're interested in the OVA, Google it. and if you fall in love with its erudite and intellectual brilliance, you can always import.

For me it's simply the principle of the thing. I don't believe in censorship unless it is absolutely necessary, and this cut, however irrelevant to the main work it may be, is totally unjustified. If MVM can appeal the one mini episode on its own then they should, as it would cost next to nothing to do.

In that case code geass wasn't cut as the image was replaced in the final version.

So if the BBFC had got MVM to blur over all the boobies you'd be happy?

There are more important battles to fight with the BBFC than this one.
I consider every battle against the BBFC worth fighting, since my problem is not with what and when they cut, it's with their very existence.

Context...

The anime is uncut!

All of the episodes of Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny will be released in the UK, complete and unmolested.

All that is cut is one of the extra features. Having seen it via the wonders of Google. It certainly isn't worth losing sleep over. It isn't a mauling of the show in the way that Paranoia Agent or Code Geass were mauled. It isn't even one of those stupid licensor requirements that gets a song altered in K-ON!

Buy the MVM release. Support the industry, if you're interested in the OVA, Google it. and if you fall in love with its erudite and intellectual brilliance, you can always import.

That's an exaggeration man, Code Geass had like 1 second cut from it, and it wasn't that important anyway, I agree with ya on Paranoia Agent though,and pardon me for getting a bit off topic, but I'm not aware of the alteration in K-ON, what was it exactly was altered in it?

memorium said:
and pardon me for getting a bit off topic, but I'm not aware of the alteration in K-ON, what was it exactly was altered in it?
Tsubasa o Kudasai (instumental) was changed to Aura Lee in ep 1.

memorium said:
Context...

The anime is uncut!

All of the episodes of Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny will be released in the UK, complete and unmolested.

That's an exaggeration man, Code Geass had like 1 second cut from it, and it wasn't that important anyway, I agree with ya on Paranoia Agent though,and pardon me for getting a bit off topic, but I'm not aware of the alteration in K-ON, what was it exactly was altered in it?

For me, I get steamed up over microsecond cuts to whatever it is I'm paying for. Headbutts don't last for more than a few frames, but they get cut out of The Matrix and Star Wars. When it comes to extra features, I don't care so much. There's an extra missing on one of the Spider-man movies to keep the disc at a 12 rating in the UK. Extra features I watch once, if at all.

This blog illustrates the song replacement on K-ON!

The altered song actually fits the animation quite well, but it's still bloody annoying.

Back