HdE's Totally Unoriginal Gaming Show

HdE

Comic Book Guy
Heads up, folks! In between lettering comics and managing family meltdowns during lockdown, I've been trying to get more stuff together for folks to watch if they feel so inclined.

So, here's the latest video on my gaming channel. This one's an oddity - a conversion of an old Namco coin-op that apparently never made it out of Japan, with a mythological feel. It's PHELIOS for the Sega Megadrive!

Cast your eyes over it here:

HdE

Comic Book Guy
Got another one of these for you, folks.

For this one, I dusted off a curious object I've found in my loft. Encrusted with the deeply compacted fluff of ages, I was shocked to find that, underneath the grime, there were angles. Edges. Planes of geometry. Investigating further still, I found the object ensconced within this coccoon of filth and dust occupied the form of an elongated pyramid. And it was black as night.

What might this object be? Some strange Lovecraftian relic of a race long since departed from this mortal world of soil and sea? A means to commune with a higher intelligence? Perhaps the keystone with which one might unlock a realm of understanding previously hidden from human eyes?

Turns out it was none of those. It was just a really dusty Sega Master System. So I cleaned it up, bunged a controller in the player 1 port and shoved a copy of Vigilante into it. Here's what I thought of it.

HdE

Comic Book Guy
New video alert for the three people on this site who watch them!

In this one, I take a look at Burgertime for the NES. And then I eat a burger. For real (No visual effects were used to simulate the eating of the burger.)

HdE

Comic Book Guy
New video review time!

Got a Nintendo Switch? Fancy taking part in a high stakes encounter with an extraterrestrial creature? Dig multiple choice questions? Then QUARANTINE CIRCULAR for the Nintendo Switch might be just the game for you!

HdE

Comic Book Guy
Latest review is up. I dusted off an old Commodore 64 for this one, which was a lot of hassle, but TOTALLY worth it!

HdE

Comic Book Guy
'Allo folks!

With lockdown underway again in England, I decided I'd squeak out a review of a free-to-download game for the ZX Spectrum. Don't fret if you don't have such a thing, though - it's playable in emulators (the footage was actually captured from a Raspberry Pi!) So, if it appeals, maybe this'll keep you occupied for a bit while you're stuck indoors.

Bit of an interesting one, this, as it's an 8-bit de-make of DEAD SPACE. Is it scary? Well... it does require you to use keyboard controls...