Haruhi Season 2 soon enough?

Cannot wait.

I sat down and read through the Haruhi novel translations a few months ago and have been super hyped for the Disappearance story arc for quite some time now.

The thing that leaps out at me there, even above the annoyingly surprised looking eyes is:

"What the hell happened to the shape of Haruhi's face!?"

It looks like she has some sort of tumour on her left cheek (apologies if that's part of the new series' storyline and I'm being insensitive). Other than that I think the idea of incorporating the new episodes into the old is suitably odd for Haruhi. I approve.

ayase said:
"What the hell happened to the shape of Haruhi's face!?"
It looks like she has some sort of tumour on her left cheek (apologies if that's part of the new series' storyline and I'm being insensitive).
That's what I was going to say :D

Yeah, not keen on the new designs myself. They're not radically different but they do seem to be going for a softer, cuter look.

I had to really look at the pictures for the difference... but... now i see it, i can't unsee it.

I'm so psyched for this though, just wish it wasn't slap bang in the middle of my exams...

I will carry on believing that it's just two reruns with one being in chronological order and one being in the original TV order. Why? Because KyoAni doesn't make sequels to their most popular series and I want to be surprised.

ilmaestro said:
I don't see how new Haruhi eps would be much different to Clannad After Story, tbh.

How do you mean? Like two different series running one after the other or..?

I mean with this series, going by what they have planned for the 8th, they are completely remaking the series with the new episodes spread throughout it. It won't close up any story either, so there is probably a good chance this extended series will still be open for another one easily.

I mean from the point of view of whether or not KyoAni would produce a follow up series to a popular show, specifically one that already had more material to covert into anime.

ilmaestro said:
I mean from the point of view of whether or not KyoAni would produce a follow up series to a popular show, specifically one that already had more material to covert into anime.

Well myself and a lot of other FMP fans have been waiting for a follow up to TSR for a good while now, and its had plenty of material to convert into anime for ages. The series itself, main story and short story is 21 novels in length at present, so if its down to material, there is no excuse as to why they can't, unless they wanted to go from the end of TSR to the end of the series, in which case they need the last main story novel to be released, which shouldn't be far away.

Well, sure. But it's not like they have some "rule" where they don't produce follow up series, or don't produce more than one series from the same origins. TSR wasn't the only FMP series they made, after all.

ilmaestro said:
Well, sure. But it's not like they have some "rule" where they don't produce follow up series, or don't produce more than one series from the same origins. TSR wasn't the only FMP series they made, after all.

Indeed it wasn't, but there is still a lot of content that can be animated. And if memory serves KyoAni has a good relationship with FMP's author, Shouji Gatoh, so there was always the chance of a 4th series, just when.

I'd say the reason Kyoto Animation haven't yet produced a sequel to The Second Raid is because compared to Haruhi and the Key works it sells poorly in Japan. TSR sold about 4000 units per volume, while Kanon shifted about 18,000 and Haruhi 35,000 per volume.

Arbalest said:
ilmaestro said:

Indeed it wasn't, but there is still a lot of content that can be animated. And if memory serves KyoAni has a good relationship with FMP's author, Shouji Gatoh, so there was always the chance of a 4th series, just when.
I have to honest, I'm not sure that we're actually arguing the same argument here. ^^;

ilmaestro said:
Arbalest said:
ilmaestro said:

I have to honest, I'm not sure that we're actually arguing the same argument here. ^^;

Hah, i realise that now i look at it. I'm defending something for no reason =/

Erm Yeah re-reading it, i take it you mean KyoAni already has done two series for FMP so they may prioritise series which haven't got sequels, or something similar, which i guess would be fair enough. That or they don't have to go back to what they've done previously, take on new material instead for a bit more variety, though KyoAni do tend to work on a lot of material from Key.

Basically, yeah, that they have no "hard and fast" rules about either doing or not doing multiple series from the same source, or using one source to exhaustion.

Just wanted to confirm that the episode broadcast yesterday was indeed a brand new episode, titled Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody :)
I really enjoyed it and was very pleased to have a new episode to watch. Has anyone else see it yet?

Yeah i watched it earlier. Having read the novels i knew what to expect, but i was glad with the final result. It was well done. Whats more, i was more happy with it since it was one of my favourite chapters from the novels as well, and i'll be glad to see the new episodes as they come. I posted a list probably the page before so if KyoAni are doing it all chronologically, then that should have the next episode mentioned there, title wise anyway.

panda z said:
Just wanted to confirm that the episode broadcast yesterday was indeed a brand new episode, titled Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody :)
I really enjoyed it and was very pleased to have a new episode to watch. Has anyone else see it yet?

WAAAAYYYY ahead of ya

already made it into a postcard see

snapshot20090522223847.jpg

Hmm, now i think on this. If we where going to get most of haruhi animated, we would have got The second novel animated before this episode was aired, in which case i'm not entirely sure what to expect now. Disappearance is a given, and with that i expect Snow Mountain Syndrome will be too..bar that i'm not sure what to really expect this time round. I guess there is a chance of an original episode in this case though now.

Back