Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00 UK release dates

Ryo Chan said:
Lockon GN006 said:
Dave said:
I think the RRP price of £35 is tad too steep for gundam 00, It only cost £32 pound for two seperate MVM dvds. Combing 2 DVDs into one box set should lower prices instead you getting box set which are going cost to buy in the long run more than the standard 10 box set releases for Beez 50+ Episode shows

Gundam seed & Gundam Destiny, Eureka Seven, etc

50 eps on 10 dvd costing £20 each = £200

Gundam 00

50 Episode on 6 boxset at £35 each =£210

The price also is going put off the more casual buyers with the higher price point. They should have released it the old style, it may not be a step in the right direction but it at least its not a step backwards like this seems going to be.

I am not expecting MANGA price level far from it, it should have been priced RRP of £30 or lower.

gundam 00 is £25 on amazon for standard edition one so it'll be more like £150 for the whole of gundma 00, speaking of which does anyone know whether they are bringng it out in 1 big 50 ep series or are they bringing it out season 1 then wait for a year then seaon 2?

prob 2 seperate season, it's what they're doing with geass

not too bad i spose still lol speaking of geass when the hell is that comming out in the uk? been waiting for it for ages and usa have had it for ages and we aint even got volume 1 yet

Ryo Chan said:
yeah but manga only release shows that only a certian audiance will like not all round ones, or long running shows

explains why only 2% of my anime collection is manga

yeah unless you want death and blood more blood.

oh did i mention theres blood :p

Lockon GN006 said:
Dave said:
I think the RRP price of £35 is tad too steep for gundam 00, It only cost £32 pound for two seperate MVM dvds. Combing 2 DVDs into one box set should lower prices instead you getting box set which are going cost to buy in the long run more than the standard 10 box set releases for Beez 50+ Episode shows

Gundam seed & Gundam Destiny, Eureka Seven, etc

50 eps on 10 dvd costing £20 each = £200

Gundam 00

50 Episode on 6 boxset at £35 each =£210

The price also is going put off the more casual buyers with the higher price point. They should have released it the old style, it may not be a step in the right direction but it at least its not a step backwards like this seems going to be.

I am not expecting MANGA price level far from it, it should have been priced RRP of £30 or lower.

gundam 00 is £25 on amazon for standard edition one so it'll be more like £150 for the whole of gundma 00, speaking of which does anyone know whether they are bringng it out in 1 big 50 ep series or are they bringing it out season 1 then wait for a year then seaon 2?

If you don't shop around or buy in-store you would pay a lot closer to RRP. The RRP is simply to much, taking account the discount price of Gundam 00 of £25. 2 separate MVM volumes with discount would cost you around £20 online which is £5 cheaper than 2 volumes combined in to one BEEZ is doing.

RRPs are always a massively inflated version of what people with more than two brain-cells actually pay though. I get the impression that online sites quote RRPs they've just pulled from thin air to make their deals look better than they actually are.

Anybody that buys/would want to buy their anime on Blu-ray slightly worried that they'll do what they did in Japan and announce a Blu-ray release once a couple of volumes of the DVDs have come out?

ilmaestro said:
Anybody that buys/would want to buy their anime on Blu-ray slightly worried that they'll do what they did in Japan and announce a Blu-ray release once a couple of volumes of the DVDs have come out?
Not really worried, I'm more hoping that's what'll happen. It would be nice if Andrew could let us know if we're getting Blu's before the DVD's come out though.

ilmaestro said:
Why is this a problem? Just sit on your hands and don't buy the DVDs.

It's a problem because that sort of thing should be announced before the DVDs start releasing. In theory, you wouldn't want to keep people not buying your stuff because they're waiting on something else - but Gundam and other series are abusable in this manner because you know people will buy them anyway, and a lot of idiots (like me) will then double dip on the discs they bought before the Blu-rays were announced and moan about the expense rather than waiting. ^_^

And since there's been no announcement about 00 on Blu-ray over here afaik, that stands out to me because of what happened with the Japanese release.

Just an update for those of you watching this topic.

beez_andrew said:
chaos said:
Andrew, can you tell us the list of extras in the Gurren Lagann limited edition?

I can indeed Chaos :)! Sorry for the delay again - there's a lot going on just now that unfortunately sucks my attention up :(.

Inside GL LE 1 (there should be a second too but its TBC based on rights for the item...):

- Box to store series, with magnetic door on front.
- Iron-on emblem of the Gurren Brigade (with thermic glue, so you just place it on the item of clothing where you want it, put a hanky on top and apply a heated iron to it).
- A PVC badge of Yoko's brooch from the show (the samples we have look amazing)
- A light up drill.

I'll confirm the 2nd LE when I know it's been greenlit but I think people will like it ;). Will see if we get any stock ready for Expo as well for pre-sales too :D.

- Andrew

chaos said:
Just an update for those of you watching this topic.

beez_andrew said:
chaos said:
Andrew, can you tell us the list of extras in the Gurren Lagann limited edition?

I can indeed Chaos :)! Sorry for the delay again - there's a lot going on just now that unfortunately sucks my attention up :(.

Inside GL LE 1 (there should be a second too but its TBC based on rights for the item...):

- Box to store series, with magnetic door on front.
- Iron-on emblem of the Gurren Brigade (with thermic glue, so you just place it on the item of clothing where you want it, put a hanky on top and apply a heated iron to it).
- A PVC badge of Yoko's brooch from the show (the samples we have look amazing)
- A light up drill.

I'll confirm the 2nd LE when I know it's been greenlit but I think people will like it ;). Will see if we get any stock ready for Expo as well for pre-sales too :D.

- Andrew

That sounds basically word for word like the US release, in which case i'm not complaining actually. All the more reason to look forward to this and Gundam in June.

Derfel said:
chaos said:
ilmaestro said:
Dave said:
Gurren Lagann: Vol.2 - Collector's Edition (2 Disc) RRP £49.99
Holy mother of...

What comes in these things?!
a 1:1 model of yoko?
=)

A blow up doll?

I think chaos was being a tad optimistic there :p

Ah so it doesn't look like Gundam are getting LEs with each release and given the price of the TTGL LEs i may just end up getting the standard ones for both.

Can't wait for London Expo to grab a limited edition Gurren Lagann 1, presuming I can get in there before they're all gone. The lines are known to be immense.

Back