Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00 UK release dates

Good news, but I'd still like to know if there will be 00 Blu-ray releases further down the line. I'd like these special editions, but am trying to avoid buying anything on DVD which is likely to be released on Blu-ray in the future.

The Code Geass sets sell for far cheaper than £30, around £15 and lower for yanks.

Oh, and more over-priced anime in the UK, in poorly designed (going on their Gundam Seed release) SE box sets!? Get in!!!!!!!!1

soccer_goal_celebration.jpg

I am not really a Gundam fan so not that bothered. And I have or still getting both US versions of Gurren so don't really need another set unless there is something special about it.

I'm in for Beez's Gundam 00 (and Geass). Already have TTGL but Bandai in R1 are blacklisted in my eyes until their authouring problems are 100% history. They've screwed me over one too many times now with dodgy discs and are known to repackage dodgy unsold singles in sets, so it won't be for a long time that I can safely buy Geass from R1.

R

I think the RRP price of £35 is tad too steep for gundam 00, It only cost £32 pound for two seperate MVM dvds. Combing 2 DVDs into one box set should lower prices instead you getting box set which are going cost to buy in the long run more than the standard 10 box set releases for Beez 50+ Episode shows

Gundam seed & Gundam Destiny, Eureka Seven, etc

50 eps on 10 dvd costing £20 each = £200

Gundam 00

50 Episode on 6 boxset at £35 each =£210

The price also is going put off the more casual buyers with the higher price point. They should have released it the old style, it may not be a step in the right direction but it at least its not a step backwards like this seems going to be.

I am not expecting MANGA price level far from it, it should have been priced RRP of £30 or lower.

Aion said:
http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=1007650

Beez prices never drop. They stay close to the RRP.

Quite, nowhere in the UK offers 42% off RRP as a standard discount for anime, particularly on Beez Discs. That insanely high level of discounting is the main reason DVD Pacific is still cheap, even at current exchange rates.

Having said that Beez are charging too much for these sets. £35 RRP for a 2 disc set is expensive, and that's that the price for the RE. At that price they're not offering any kind of discount for the fact they're releasing the show in sets, which is odd. The RRP for the R1 is (very roughly) £30 at current exchange rates, which sounds fair. At least the LE has enough pack-ins and extras to justify the amount play are charging for it.

In the UK, only Manga offer anime at affordable prices. That's why, once their two-disc sets drop to below £10, I'm gonna buy them to show support, even though I'm aware a cheaper box set will one day get released. If Manga die, the UK anime market migh as well die because everyone else sells anime for far too much.

If all goes well, I plan to buy all of Death Note, Claymore and DtB new. The only problem is volume 4 of DN, which is a single-disc release and is currently selling for £9.

yeah but manga only release shows that only a certian audiance will like not all round ones, or long running shows

explains why only 2% of my anime collection is manga

They license popular, mainstream series. Most popular anime are based on SJ titles.

Beez pick-up anything Bandai does. ADV pick-up anything cheap. MVM switch between licensing good and bad stuff at random.

But it isn't true that's all they pick up. I have no idea who Saikano is aimed at, and GitS is one of the more adult series in existence. And, if you want me to get anal, Claymore and Death Note could easily have been seinin titles - there really isn't a great deal separating a number of SJ and seinin titles.

Death Note and Claymore are both in my top 10, so it's great Manga are releasing double disc sets. DtB had a great first 6 episodes and I want it on DVD so I'll have the motivation to finish watching it. Bleach is an enjoyable series I'm willing to collect for £15 per box set. Naruto's great but Manga's early subtitle ****-ups put me off collecting those releases.

Aion said:
But it isn't true that's all they pick up. I have no idea who Saikano is aimed at, and GitS is one of the more adult series in existence. And, if you want me to get anal, Claymore and Death Note could easily have been seinin titles - there really isn't a great deal separating a number of SJ and seinin titles.
I think SaiKano will be received quite well by moe fans, moe being something our industry is seemingly lacking in. Since you mention GitS, End of Evangelion is also quite an 'adult' title licensed (at one point) by Manga.

Manga's inexpensive sets look cheap though. Actually, most of my Region 2 collection does regardless of price especially if it comes in so called 'collectors edition' boxes.

Dave said:
I think the RRP price of £35 is tad too steep for gundam 00, It only cost £32 pound for two seperate MVM dvds. Combing 2 DVDs into one box set should lower prices instead you getting box set which are going cost to buy in the long run more than the standard 10 box set releases for Beez 50+ Episode shows

Gundam 00

The price also is going put off the more casual buyers with the higher price point. They should have released it the old style, it may not be a step in the right direction but it at least its not a step backwards like this seems going to be.

I am not expecting MANGA price level far from it, it should have been priced RRP of £30 or lower.

gundam 00 is £25 on amazon for standard edition one so it'll be more like £150 for the whole of gundma 00, speaking of which does anyone know whether they are bringng it out in 1 big 50 ep series or are they bringing it out season 1 then wait for a year then seaon 2?

kupocake said:
Manga's inexpensive sets look cheap though. Actually, most of my Region 2 collection does regardless of price especially if it comes in so called 'collectors edition' boxes.

When dealing with double discs set for a RRP of £19.99, I really don't mind. Normally the RRP for a single disc of anime is £15.99-£19.99, so you're saving at least £10 off the RRP by the discs being put together in the same case. And I prefer having 5 cases to having 9 - it's a pain having to go through so many cases when swapping DVDs.

I like the Death Note cases. Black fits well with the theme of death and the covers are the best of the R1 releases. It 's just too bad none of the R1 art had the awesome Light laughing/Ryuk looking evil art for the final volume. It sucks that an image of Near and not Light, the God of Death Note, is on the cover.

Here's the cover art I wanted: http://www.imgdump.info/img-imgdump-dea ... 104783.htm

Lockon GN006 said:
Dave said:

Gundam 00

gundam 00 is £25 on amazon for standard edition one so it'll be more like £150 for the whole of gundma 00, speaking of which does anyone know whether they are bringng it out in 1 big 50 ep series or are they bringing it out season 1 then wait for a year then seaon 2?

prob 2 seperate season, it's what they're doing with geass

Back