General Politics Thread

Ive left the labour party because I cant see Jeremy Winning but god I hate the Lib Dems as much as tories. She is arrogant af and her attitude just angers oh we got to accept the coalition okay that doesn't fix breaking your manifesto promise. They are still a one issue party I couldn't trust them on climate change and there problem is if we leave 31st Oct they are dead. The Lib Dems will die again if we are out what can we have a second referendum on if Labour loses a GE I blame them so if No deal happens I will blame the Lib and Change UK all the middle who instead of fighting the tories on Brexit moaned for 18 months over Labours Brexit policy.

Won't vote for the Conservatives due to so many of their policies.
Won't vote for Labour as they currently due to the anti-Semitism scandal.
Won't vote for UKIP because... how long have you got?
Won't vote for Greens because of their apathy towards the union.
Won't vote for the Brexit party because I didn't vote for the one issue they exist for.
I don't live in either region but if I did, I would vote for Scottish or Welsh Nationalists either because Nationalism.

And honestly, I still don't know who Change UK are or what they stand for.

And that's the whole depressing process of elimination for the parties that get any attention.

I do live in Wales and would have voted Plaid if not for backstabbing leanne wood and talking up coalitions with the tories potentially in the assembly elections. My only welsh pride left is that we still have a Labour Government.
However we have a lib dem (the only welsh lib dem am left) as education minister and she is **** so it just adds to my reasons why I’d never vote them. I don’t care if Jo Swinson is a woman she is center right and she knows it. A pact with Labour is the only way I can see Brexit ending but nah she is petty and basically is killing her party daily.

I wouldn't be keen on any UK party trying to govern the country with a party who's goal is to break the UK up.

The argument is the SNP has a majority in Scotland and there 2016 campaign was held on having another referendum so democratically I can’t argue with letting them having another one.

They also lost a substantial amount of those seats in the last electionand to the Tories of all parties. Plus they lost their majority in the Scottiwh parliament.

You can't go running a huge country destabilising referendum every five years. It isn't exactly fair on everyone else.

So the vote tonight has been 328 Yes, 301 No, 21 Majority to give backbench MPs control of parliamentary time tomorrow to pass legislation aimed to prevent a No Deal scenario.

This meant that 21 Conversative MPs rebelled against their party to pass the vote. These 21 MPs had their whips removed and are now no longer part of the Conversative party which means that the Conversatives now have a total of 289 seats (originally 311 before today).

I do love parliamentary language - The threat of "having the whip removed" makes it sound like they'll no longer have their BDSM sessions covered by expenses, something that really does seem like it would make this a difficult decision for some Tory MPs.

This is all very entertaining, will be doubly so if the House refuses to satisfy Boris' involuntary election.

In today's episode of British Politics Z, the first vote of the day was a second vote at the legislation to stop No Deal. The results were 329 for Yes, and 300 for No, with a majority of 29. One more Tory MP went against their party to support this legislation.

Then they had another vote, an Amendment 19 (Graham), which requires them to have a debate on 21st October on either the existing Withdrawal Agreement by Theresa May or any new deal agreed with the EU. The results were 65 for Yes, and 495 for No, with a majority of 430.

Then we have the third vote at the legislation to stop No Deal and send it to the House of Lords. The results were 327 for Yes, and 299 for No, with a majority of 28. Boris is pissed and now wants to put a motion for a General Election before the 31st October Brexit deadline.

Labour, SNP and Lib Dems are all against this motion (they all want an General Election to happen on the condition that No Deal is actually stopped and there is an extension to Brexit).

brexit isn't going to happen then. not the best versed in polotics but I'm pretty sure they put the most complex stuff in place just to stop the things they don't want.

oct 31st will be a scary wakeup call for them, ironically. they already lost the respect of the public a long time ago, after this, I'm fully expecting people to start egging their houses or something, really voicing out basic hatred for MPs, whatever the sex pistols jokingly thought to themselves that britian would look like will come to pass, I'm not saying streets will be on fire or something, just people will start acting like there is no ruling government

Can anyone explain to me why there's some weird bs about people who like battle Angel alita being far right or it's coming from the so called woke whatever that means kind of people.

Can anyone explain to me why there's some weird bs about people who like battle Angel alita being far right or it's coming from the so called woke whatever that means kind of people.

I thought they were bigging it up just to spite things like Captain Marvel and She-Ra that they've contrived a weird vendetta against.

It may seem childish but I've seem it with other media, comparing them to other (sort of) similar things that don't offend their sensibilities so much. I've also seen it with recent Star Trek vs The Orvilla.

BTW, I'm not saying that everyone who likes one of those things over the other is a part of that group, its just a pattern I've observed.

The whole Orville thing vs Discovery kinda made me hate the Star Trek fandom it’s a story of hope and future is better oh my it’s a got a woman better than Janeway in it, also I haven’t the Orville because I gave Seth McFarlene enough LA chances and he sucked in most of them. If it’s still on FOX when S3 eventually airs I may watch but it’s fandom is toxic right now.

The whole Orville thing vs Discovery kinda made me hate the Star Trek fandom it’s a story of hope and future is better oh my it’s a got a woman better than Janeway in it, also I haven’t the Orville because I gave Seth McFarlene enough LA chances and he sucked in most of them. If it’s still on FOX when S3 eventually airs I may watch but it’s fandom is toxic right now.

The fact that there's loud minority in the Trek fanbase that whinges about diversity at ajy given oppotunitu is absolutely mind boggling.

Back