• Don't miss your chance to choose your favourite anime, manga, and light novels for the Anime UK News Reader's Choice Awards 2018! Be sure to cast your vote and make your voice heard!

General Politics Thread

Badej

Brigade Leader
Well the brexit thing is quite entertaining as an outsider. I can't believe UK politicians are still arguing about which route to take despite the fact brexit is only like 4 months away. I thought dutch politicians were a bunch of idiots, but this makes me think :rolleyes:

Badej

Brigade Leader
Well its not 4 months we have that two year transition when technically are still kinda in the EU bar elections etc.
But this deal won't get through parliament no way.
Ah yes the transition, forgot about that. As nothing got officially released about the current deal I can't really say anything about it, but if the UK politicians want a deal at all they have to make compromises. They really don't have any bargaining chips to demand anything imo, so it's either a deal with compromises or no-deal.

Well the brexit thing is quite entertaining as an outsider.
It's quite entertaining all around. Entertainment is all politics is good for in the US and UK right now - Issues? Policies? A vision for the long term future of the country? Who needs those when you have the world's greatest reality show unfolding in the full glare of the cameras.

This morning in the Big Brother House of Commons, Jeremy, Jacob, Arleen and Nicola are not impressed with Theresa's poor performance in the Brexit Agreement Challenge and demand that they be allowed to try, but none of them can agree how to best complete the challenge. Theresa has stopped talking to them and sunk the Pound Sterling. The other housemates MP discuss how to vote Theresa out.

Badej

Brigade Leader
This morning in the Big Brother House of Commons, Jeremy, Jacob, Arleen and Nicola are not impressed with Theresa's poor performance in the Brexit Agreement Challenge and demand that they be allowed to try, but none of them can agree how to best complete the challenge. Theresa has stopped talking to them and sunk the Pound Sterling. The other housemates MP discuss how to vote Theresa out.
To be fair I have yet to see/meet a politician with a vision that doesn't consist of filling his/her own pockets

To be fair I have yet to see/meet a politician with a vision that doesn't consist of filling his/her own pockets
That's what's led to this low point, really. The political/business/media complex wonders why nobody trusts them or believes a word they say any more and why people are increasingly turning to extremes - It's bloody obvious to most people there has been very little long-termism in transatlantic politics since Thatcher and Reagan came to power, every government since then on both sides of the pond has been filled with short-term thinkers happy to sell out the people they're supposed to be representing for their own personal profit.

I think people finally got wise to the fact that putting on a smile and making people feel at ease with platitudes happens to also be something serial killers tend to be quite good at, and so maybe politicians who behave that way are not necessarily good people with your interests at heart. Except recently deceased life-long CIA asset, pal and weapons dealer to avowed enemy of Saddam Hussein, Ayatollah Khomeini and Osama bin Laden, destabiliser-in chief saviour of the Middle-East and all-around global crook for the oil industry nice guy George Bush I of course, who should obviously be flushed out to sea with the rest of Washington's garbage elevated to sainthood.

Indecently, I'm taking bookings for eulogies if anyone's interested.

Last edited: