General Cartoons Thread

Anyone going to see Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse? Very positive reviews and I'm hoping to see a 2D-ish animated film do well at the box office again.

I'm seriously considering it (but I also want to see Aquaman and Bumblebee too). I thought the animation looked kinda weird and jerky when I first saw it in a trailer, but I've heard lots of very good things about it, so I'll definitely pick up the BD if I don't see it at the cinema.

OKAY! GO AND SEE SPIDER-MAN!!

Easily a 9/10 and the best animated movie Ipve seen this year. I'll go into more detail on the movie thrrad after watching some other jew releases but any fan of animation or comic book movies should see this!

And if it fails to make money because of the alleged bias against 2D animated movie, I'll be pissed, not looking forward to that rant!

And to think it came from Sony Animation who has had one of the worst reputations for a major western animation studio and produced what is often considered the worst animated movie of the decade just last year!

I wish there was a set like that for Ed Edd n Eddy. They only did like two volumes in the US and the rest of the episodes I have are region 3 releases from Asia.

'Spider-Man: into The Spider-Verse wins Best Animated Picture Oscar at the 2019 Academy Awards

Sony's first ever win in the category and a rare loss for Disney/Pixar. Personally thrilled by this and hope it encourage more variety in the realm of big budget animated movies. I know a film has really struck a chord with me if I've already pre-ordered the Blu-Ray.

Link

It's just too bad they don't pay any attention to the foreign animated films, only the crap they're familiar with from taking their kids to the theater to see.

Anywho, I've been watching gen:LOCK on the Roosterteeth site before my cancelled First membership runs out, and it just keeps getting better and better with every episode. HUGE cliffhanger at the end of Episode 6. Only two more eps remaining for this season - There will be 8 episodes averaging about 25 minutes each for a total run time of about 3 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
Well one at least one anime got nominated this year. Better than when so many great amine got look over for Boss Baby last year. As good as Mirai is, I think the best film won. I was afraid the Disney/Pixar bias would kick in.

I wonder if gen:Lock will be on any other service or YouTube eventually? I am curious.

September 2nd.......I'm so there
Oh and this got announced too

Oh and it looks like DC Super Hero Girls has started airing on CN UK, theres also a series of shorts being released weekly on YouTube, you can check them out here

Back