General Cartoons Thread

Probably old news for many, but I caught that little 'Batman of Shanghai' short today and I was very impressed with it. I suspect they might have to resolve a few elements in the setting (in particular, plain clothes Batman looks too contemporary and what exactly is powering Bane?), but I'd happily bite DC/Cartoon Network/Whoever's hand off in exchange for a full series.

There's a little trailer for it on the Wolf Smoke production company website:

http://www.rpoani.com/eng/?p=1141

Professor Irony said:
Probably old news for many, but I caught that little 'Batman of Shanghai' short today and I was very impressed with it. I suspect they might have to resolve a few elements in the setting (in particular, plain clothes Batman looks too contemporary and what exactly is powering Bane?), but I'd happily bite DC/Cartoon Network/Whoever's hand off in exchange for a full series.

There's a little trailer for it on the Wolf Smoke production company website:

http://www.rpoani.com/eng/?p=1141
Oh yes I remember that, pretty good stuff.

Shame DC can't keep it in their pants as far as f'ing up on TV is concerned. Their unbribled incompetence in the field has left Marvel to run roughshaud and in turn give us two fo the worst Comic Book cartoons in recent memory.

Man, what I would give to sacrifice Ultimate Spiderman for more Spectacular.

Adventure Time... Was great. It feels like it became less great. I think it's one of those shows that became unexpectedly popular and has now run for longer than anyone expected, and is suffering a bit because they don't really know where to go.

Rick and Morty is where it's at now.

Lawrence said:
ayase said:

This. I dare say it's one of the best animated comedies that I've seen. Kind of a shame the majority will pass over it in favour of yet another series of Family Guy.

To be fair, at least Family Guy's on TV in the UK. Try naming an Adult Swim show that's been shown on UK television in the past 5 years.

theirsbailiff said:
Lawrence said:
ayase said:

This. I dare say it's one of the best animated comedies that I've seen. Kind of a shame the majority will pass over it in favour of yet another series of Family Guy.

To be fair, at least Family Guy's on TV in the UK. Try naming an Adult Swim show that's been shown on UK television in the past 5 years.
Isn't Adult Swim usually shown in a timeslot on Cartoon Network over here?

Adult swim did used to be on a channel on Sky as I remember Robot Chicken and The Venture Bros being on. Saying that, I haven't seen those on for ageeeeeees.

I don't even think we have a decent channel for such shows or anime anymore :(

Does anyone remember Noah's Island or Oliver's Orchestra that they used to show on CBBC back in the late 90s? Used to love those shows!

Just finished watching MLP: Rainbow Rocks with my daughter for about the 100th time. Those songs are like crack!

On a more adult note, does anyone watch Archer?

Unit-00 said:
Just finished watching MLP: Rainbow Rocks with my daughter for about the 100th time. Those songs are like crack!

I try and watch Archer when (whoever is currently showing it) puts it on at a reasonable viewing time (i.e. before midnight on a weekday).

mangaman74 said:
Unit-00 said:

I try and watch Archer when (whoever is currently showing it) puts it on at a reasonable viewing time (i.e. before midnight on a weekday).

They've got 5 seasons of it on Netflix but I split it up quite a bit. It's fun a few episodes at a time but I couldn't watch it for a whole night.

Fox have gone on record saying they will not produce any more Simpsons DVDs making Season 17 (With the 20th being released as an anniversary thing in 2010) the last in the US with no word on other markets but it's not looking rosy.

Show runner Al Jean has pretty much stated the plan going forward is for the commentary to become part of the show's FX (US) airing with "Promises" that Fox will get everything available to everyone as they can.

Honestly, the commentary thing's nothing the use of the criminally underused in the UK audio options on most digital platforms can't fix but I can guarantee The Simpsons World option will never happen because of Sky.

This is of interest given the whole to do with Anime basically being the realm of Streaming and Collectors these days.

Back