General anime thoughts/discussion thread.

There is one thing I find curious about One Piece, normally such shows keep a static look for all their characters be they male or female, this is normally for the run of the show or for at least a long time. This has been the case so far with the male regular characters on the show, but Nami seems the exception as she has already gone through three different looks in a relatively short space of time?

Professor Irony said:
If you do end up watching it, I'd be interested to know what you make of it. I'm actually afraid to go back to it, in case it turns out to be terrible...
It's on Lovefilm right now so that might be something to look at on a rainy day. Any show that has Richard Epcar narrating about the Andes has got to be worth something.

Me I'm just waiting for some enterprising Japanese type to pick up Wakfu and get that the Megumi Hayashibara op it was destend for.

It already has Ichirou (I AM IMPACT) Mizuki doing an image song so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question for the older watchers amongst us. Was the series Escaflowne ever broadcast in its entirety, here in the UK? I ask because I've recently been watching it and several scenes from latter episodes are familiar to me, but from what I understand, only the first ten episodes were ever aired on Fox Kids. While I did watch it on Fox Kids how ever many years ago it was, the scenes I'm recalling (ie. the wedding, Dilandau's backstory and the series' final scene) could not possibly have been shown during the Fox Kids run.

AntAce said:
Quick question for the older watchers amongst us. Was the series Escaflowne ever broadcast in its entirety, here in the UK? I ask because I've recently been watching it and several scenes from latter episodes are familiar to me, but from what I understand, only the first ten episodes were ever aired on Fox Kids. While I did watch it on Fox Kids how ever many years ago it was, the scenes I'm recalling (ie. the wedding, Dilandau's backstory and the series' final scene) could not possibly have been shown during the Fox Kids run.
Fox Kids did air Escaflowne back in, '02 I want to say and it seemed to be as full a run as the Saban version had.

It was aired on AnimeCentral in full too.

Jetix only went full bastard with anime when they 'effed up Naruto all the way foreward in '06

06 was not a good year for no one.

Greenmeido said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Jetix only went full bastard with anime when they 'effed up Naruto all the way foreward in '06

06 was not a good year for no one.

I'm glad I stopped watching anime on tv shortly before this.
To be fair,it was easy to stop watching anime on TV because ether no one was airing it or making a complete **** of it.

Thanks for the information, Conan. Was never aware it aired on Anime Central, although I'm positive I watched it well before that. I guess my mind must be playing tricks on me, but it's a series I enjoy, so I'm not going to complain.

AntAce said:
Thanks for the information, Conan. Was never aware it aired on Anime Central, although I'm positive I watched it well before that. I guess my mind must be playing tricks on me, but it's a series I enjoy, so I'm not going to complain.
Hopefully Escaflowne is next on the AL hitlist.

ConanThe3rd said:
Hopefully Escaflowne is next on the AL hitlist.
That would certainly get me on the Anime Limited wagon. Funimation recently announced they had license-rescued both the series and the movie (which I desperately want to watch), so that can only be a good thing. A release featuring that beautiful Yoko Kanno soundtrack would be amazing.

Will CrunchyRoll ever stream the OVA final episode of My Little Monster? I need to know if Haru and Shizuka will ever find romantic happiness! Also can someone please explain what order I'm meant to watch the monongatari series in. I've watched the first series (Bake) and don't know which one is next. So confusing.

Joshawott said:
I once gave myself a challenge: Play "Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge", my first 18+ rated game and see if I want to cut people to pieces afterwards, as an experiment.
Did I cut any people up? Nope.
But... did you want to?

Rui said:
The first Genshiken made me wish I was in a proper anime club; the new series makes me glad I'm not.
Presumably, then, they were just trying to be more realistic this time around. :p

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
I once gave myself a challenge: Play "Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge", my first 18+ rated game and see if I want to cut people to pieces afterwards, as an experiment.
Did I cut any people up? Nope.
But... did you want to?
I wanted to cut up the person whose bright idea it was to have grunts yell the same obscenities at me every 2 minutes. I mean, at least mix it up a little.

CR just cancelled my account. :( Not that I really used it, but I liked the idea of being able to. Maybe I should take this chance to switch streaming providers. Whose best alternative to CR?

Full version of the KlK op turned up in my recommended videos. I still like the first 30 seconds or so better than the rest of it, but it's a decent track all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back