UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Anyone been having problems with the streaming service. The PS4 app hasn't played videos the last few times I tried over the last week and the website (through the PS4) only worked briefly. I'm not subscribed, but seems that doesn't make a difference:
Yeah Astra lost in space didn’t work this or last week and I won’t use their website. Guess I’ll aatch it on my phone tomorrow

Anyone been having problems with the streaming service. The PS4 app hasn't played videos the last few times I tried over the last week and the website (through the PS4) only worked briefly. I'm not subscribed, but seems that doesn't make a difference:
Not only that but I can't even login through the PS4 app. It keeps saying the password needs to have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one special character. My password is correct for Funimation's website so the app must be playing up.

Their sub fonts are bad somehow has a worse video player than CR and their PS4 player works when it likes. This is why I hate exclusive licensing agreements id say even netflix is better than this as I can watch Netflix stuff when it launches.

Not only that but I can't even login through the PS4 app. It keeps saying the password needs to have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one special character. My password is correct for Funimation's website so the app must be playing up.
I'm getting that issue as well, it only seems to be affecting the console apps.

Had to sign up with a new account too, they merged the FuniNow and .com databases so the email I use has 2 Funi accounts attached to it which is causing havok.

I tried my phone app and it works, but some of the shows aren't really meant for a small screen like Cop Craft or Astra.
I also tried something I saw mentioned on the forum that I linked to. I played an episode of a show from last season that I had already watched and it worked! Maybe it's some sort of memory problem with the app? Is there a way to clear the memory cache on the PS4?

Thought I'd try other older videos from my queue i.e. ones I haven't watched (Three Leaves, Three Colours) and both English and Japanese versions work. So maybe something to do with the episodes from this season being bigger files or something. The rep from Funi on the thread I posted said their minimum download speed was 5 mbps! I have normally 10 more than that and when I checked my phone it was on the same router and it worked so IDK. You would have thought that a Sony company would be able to make an app that actually works on Sony hardware, although I guess they're in different arms of the same parent company.

Found another fix for this, change your password so that the special character used is the @ symbol.

So that's 2 months and 14 days free for new subs like me then and it shouldn't bill me until after that time has elapsed? Cause that's pretty damn good if so I can finally finish watching D.Gray Man and Hallow then

So that's 2 months and 14 days free for new subs like me then and it shouldn't bill me until after that time has elapsed? Cause that's pretty damn good if so I can finally finish watching D.Gray Man and Hallow then

Yep, that should be 2 months and 2 weeks free. The subscription tab on my account says “£0.00 will be charged on....” etc

Although, its a bit weird. When you first sign up, my bank statement says Funimation charged me for £4.16 (to check that the credit card is valid) but then instantly refunded it

Well, the free trial was fun while it worked for all of 2 days before the website just can't be opened now. Is this common for UK based Viewers since I've not seen anyone really complain on the US side of things and to add salt to the wound when the ps4 app does work I can only watch shows that aren't Mature-rated because I can't disable the mature restriction because the website doesn't work.
Edit: so my friends on Sky internet and he can access the website so i might be a BT thing?
1564609914206.png

Last edited:
Well, the free trial was fun while it worked for all of 2 days before the website just can't be opened now. Is this common for UK based Viewers since I've not seen anyone really complain on the US side of things and to add salt to the wound when the ps4 app does work I can only watch shows that aren't Mature-rated because I can't disable the mature restriction because the website doesn't work.
Edit: so my friends on Sky internet and he can access the website so i might be a BT thing?
View attachment 9741
have you tried another browser or the browser on the PS4? could be just an issue with your addons if it's working for your friend

have you tried another browser or the browser on the PS4? could be just an issue with your addons if it's working for your friend

It doesn't matter what browser I use I get the same issue though if I use Edge I do get the BT Web Protect before the connection error page. The website also doesn't work for another friend who has wanted to get FuniNow and he's also on BT which is what makes this really odd. I had to have my friend who is on Sky sign into my account just to turn off the mature content restriction so I could at least have access to everything when using the ps4 app but when it comes to the ps4 app I can seem to watch only shows that aren't currently airing (Tales of Zestiria the X, Senran Kagura Shinovi Masters, D.Gray Man) anything new just sits buffering infinitely.

I'm on BT. I got on the website both on the PS4 browser and my phone (although that may have been on my phone network as our router is getting on a bit and doesn't seem to want to load stuff on occasion)
I've found most of the new shows are OK now, apart from Hensuki where none of the videos work.

Also on BT, just logged in for the first time in over a year to take a look (not on subscription obviously), and Funimation's crappy player still works for me on my laptop through Firefox

Back