UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Yeahh rather watch dubbed can you recommend any anime like toradora? In the middle of this series and i love it
I still think that Toradora is the biggest fish in it's pond, but you could also try My Love Story!! if you're in it for the comedy, or The Pet Girl of Sakurasou/Anohana (hell maybe even Kiznaiver) if you're in it for the dramas.

Or the pinnacle of romance anime...
Space Patrol Luluco

Does anyone else have streaming issues with FuniNow? Whether it's on the android app or PS3 most of the episodes i watch always stop and buffer a lot, yet i rarely have this problem with other streaming services (Netflix, NowTV etc).

Does anyone else have streaming issues with FuniNow? Whether it's on the android app or PS3 most of the episodes i watch always stop and buffer a lot, yet i rarely have this problem with other streaming services (Netflix, NowTV etc).

Yes, in fact I cancelled my subscription because it was so horrible. Never have these problems with Netflix or Crunchyroll. There's a huge thread on the Funimation site with pages upon pages of people complaining that the app and site are buggy, but it doesn't look like they're doing anything about it.

All of this stuff apparently happened when they updated their app to the more mobile-esque one. It is horrible on all systems, but they've said they might be considering rolling back the one on the PS3 because the console can't handle it. So I imagine your experience is even worse than mine on the PS4.

Same I watched relife 3 episodes the other day and it seemed every 2 mins it did it it was horrible in fact nearly unwatchable but as stated only the funimation app does it

I always found Funi horrible for buffering compared to CR. Thankful that I don't subscribe anymore because I'm not one for dubs.

I'm glad that all the stuff that interests me in their catalogue appears to be being drip fed into Crunchyroll. In addition to the horrible buffering and crashes, their subtitles are God awful, to the point that some are so badly timed it makes my head hurt. Some of them are even at the top of the screen instead of the bottom!

I really hope the buyout of Funimation by Sony doesn't screw all of this up. I don't wanna touch the Funimation service again unless there are vast improvements. I feel really sorry for anyone that likes dubs, having to deal with the issues if they want legal streams.

BBFC Updates:

BlazBlue: Alter Memory has been rated 15 for strong violence
Fairy Tail Part 16 has been rated 12 for moderate violence
Fairy Tail Part 17 has been rated 12 for moderate violence
Fairy Tail Part 18 has been rated 12 for moderate sex references

BBFC Updates:

Fairy Tail Part 19 has been rated 12 for moderate fantasy violence, moderate sex references
Heavy Object Part 2 has been rated 15 for strong violence, sex references

Back