UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Funimation US have now listed Fairy Tail Zero and Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry for March 2018's line-up.

Anime Limited's distribution on behalf of Funimation UK is currently at Part 22 for Q1 2018 (probably January 2018), which is the last part before Zero's arc.

Given the contents & "not final" image it'll be a duplicate of the Funi set won't it? No way they can fit those extras into a big standard Blu-Ray case ..I don't think?

Hopefully they send out statements soon, be nice to know what they have planned rather than title's just randomly popping up.

Huh. Well this makes sense. Given Funimation's penchant for jumping for distributor to distributor in the UK, just having their sets released via their new parent company makes a lot of sense. Given how big a company Sony is, I imagine this also means that release date parity with the States might be very feasible. Assuming pricing is good (and £30 for 12 episodes is pretty standard) then I'm totally on board for this, so long as they don't do a Universal and give up after a handful of releases.

I still don't own the first season due to Manga >_> it's a show I really should buy from somewhere though and I'll pick this up as I actually enjoyed the 2nd season a fair bit (a lot of people I know didn't for whatever reason).

"The pop-culture sensation makes a colossal return in the highly anticipated dark fantasy anime sequel"

Eugh. I wanna vomit.
Whatever you think of AoT, it it has been massive and people probably would have eaten each other for Season 2 to get here faster.

Also there is I believe a slight irony in someone with a DBZ name and avatar complaining about something being overhyped or overrated. :p

Eh, it’s good it’s being released I guess. I can’t get too exited about different seasons of a show being released by different distributors because I know spines aren’t going to match on my shelves ;_;

Whatever you think of AoT, it it has been massive and people probably would have eaten each other for Season 2 to get here faster.

Also there is I believe a slight irony in someone with a DBZ name and avatar complaining about something being overhyped or overrated. :p

Eh, it’s good it’s being released I guess. I can’t get too exited about different seasons of a show being released by different distributors because I know spines aren’t going to match on my shelves ;_;
I wasn't taking a jab at the show itself just that "pop culture sensation" bit brings back some bad experiences I had with it.

The only "pop culture sensation" I experienced with the original release of AOT was that I happened to see a total of two people wearing AOT t-shirts out in public... :D

I'll be getting the US Funi LE release to match the first season LE box set I got, even though I'm not crazy about digibooks. Digipaks I love, digibooks, not so much, but oh well.

The only "pop culture sensation" I experienced with the original release of AOT was that I happened to see a total of two people wearing AOT t-shirts out in public... :D

I'll be getting the US Funi LE release to match the first season LE box set I got, even though I'm not crazy about digibooks. Digipaks I love, digibooks, not so much, but oh well.
Was going to import it myself, but with Sony releasing a replicated version here I've ordered that instead.

Back