Funimation set to announce 10 new licenses in December

Looking at the list it's not so bad for me. The only one I have is Ikki Tousen, so that leaves some for me to get. Out of those I am most interested in Evangelion, Slayers and Soul Eater. I will probably pick up Gungrave, Gankutsuou, Last Exile and maybe Samurai Champloo as other things have always dragged me off course as I was about to buy them. From what's left I will most likely wait to see how Oh! Edo Rocket and Nabari No Ou are going to be packaged and read some reviews, that leaves Gad Guard and Vandread which I probably will to.

Soul eater, Eva, slayers.. Hey it's looking pretty good, if I may say, but yeah, hey will take their time before releasing any of those :/

Jayme said:
Hallelujah! I hope FUNi release some mega-awesome packaging for Evangelion. Like a wooden/tin collection, for all four movies. I'd so splash out. I'm expecting a Blu-ray release, but I know I'll be disappointed with it being region-locked...

......[Soul Eater related] I wonder if they'll do an artbox for their collections ?!

With Funimation doing what they're doing now, I'd place a large amount of money on the Eva movie just being in a regular keepcase, maybe with a slipcover, and a special edition (with just an extra disc but just in another regular keepcase) released a year after (November 2010), with the first release coming out in November 2009 : /

If they do a Blu-ray, it's pot luck if they region code it or not. If I remember correctly some Funimation Blu-ray's have been region coded, but some haven't.

I would also place a large amount of money on the Soul Eater collections just being 13 episodes on 2 DVDs in thinpaks in a slipcase. I'm not going to be optimistic about that a bit. I'm waiting for a Blu-ray release of Soul Eater anyway, Soul Eater is too good for DVD (and I already got my Soul Eater premium from Japan 8D )

What's all the fuss about Soul Eater anyway? Sure it looked pretty good but it just seems like another shonen action show to me.

It's not as if all the internet anime fans that watch Soul Eater are under 20, just like most members on NarutoFAN aren't under 20.

Soul Eater has stolen the thunder from the shounen trinity due to people getting fed up with Studio Pierrot (Bleach & Naruto) and/or fed up with seeing the same stories gone on forever. It's also had all the TTGL retards jump on it because its got flashy action.

I read a couple of chapters of the Soul Eater and it seemed good, but most shonen stuff can do that easily at the beginning - just look at Naruto. Still, I may check out the anime anyway.

And it's about time Rebuild got licensed, can't wait to get that! :D

Gawyn said:
Is out of here said:
How many episodes is soul eater? or does it just go on forever?
It is currently ongoing and has about 60 episodes to date.

Both wikipedia and MAL say that it's 51 episodes in total but still ongoing. I think it's on about episode 38~ so far. But alot of fansubs have stopped subbing it.

Gawyn said:
Is out of here said:
why shounen shows have to be so long? I'm interested in soul eater, but after just getting you're under arrest, I'm pretty busy with long series for a while x_x

chaos said:
Gawyn said:
Is out of here said:
why shounen shows have to be so long? I'm interested in soul eater, but after just getting you're under arrest, I'm pretty busy with long series for a while x_x
As was pointed out it is actually less than that... I stopped watching a couple of months back and thought there were more episodes than there actually were at the moment.

Back