Funimation set to announce 10 new licenses in December

Aion said:
I've got to be honest: Funimation have built this up a lot and then provided a pathetic list.
Yeah, but they've got people talking about that pathetic list. Granted, they've pissed off a few people in the process, but when are anime fans ever satisfied anyway?

There'll be new stuff along soon.

Soul Eater is another I have to be sold on. Slayers made my day anyway though so I'm all smiles :)

They've gone onto a second column now on their special site for this event here so it does look as though more is coming, incredibly. I can't imagine we'll get another column full but this really is quite a way to end the year following last year's Geneon-induced depression.

R

Soul Eater does look more interesting to me than most shounen action shows, and I love the visual style, but I can't muster much enthusiasm for it.

Isn't today the tenth day of these announcements? If they manage to fill that entire column by the end of today, the internets might just collapse under the sheer volume of fanspooge.

I'm usually not a shounen action show person, but I do really love Soul Eater. Part of it is the style, part the characters and part the fact that BONES are behind it (including the crew behind Ouran High, one of my faves over the past few years). So I may pick this one up. My only worry is that the show may not stick to the 52 episode length that is noted for it at the moment. I like my anime/manga to end.

Slayers revolution made me happy. Soul eater also. Just a shame no DVDs are apparently out for SE until late 09...where I'm currently up to episode 28 just before the C&D order.

I'm great when it comes to timing :(

Based on episodes 1-4, Soul Eater is nothing more than a generic shounen in HD. I'd much rather rewatch 1-135 of Naruto or 1-67(ish) of Bleach than get into it - they don't look as good visually but they have better characters and are more entertaining. As much as certain Akira and WoH fans disagree, visuals aren't everything.

...but, ignoring my feelings for it, it's a popular series and one that should sell well for Funimation in yankland. It'll no doubt get licensed by Manga at some point since Manga picked up both Bleach and Naruto.

I'm a little annoyed that nothing I'm interested in got picked up. I was semi-hoping When They Cry 2 would get licensed... I need to own the series on DVD in order to find the motivation to watch it.

Truered said:
Slayers revolution made me happy. Soul eater also. Just a shame no DVDs are apparently out for SE until late 09...where I'm currently up to episode 28 just before the C&D order.

Are you aware that Crunchyroll have the legal rights to stream episodes of Soul Eater come January? With that, at least, you should be able to continue to watch before the DVDs are released...

Gawyn said:
Truered said:

Are you aware that Crunchyroll have the legal rights to stream episodes of Soul Eater come January? With that, at least, you should be able to continue to watch before the DVDs are released...

I wasn't aware of that. And I do have a crunchyroll account. Guess I'll check it out.

Which reminds me I need to get back to shugo chara. You didn't see this last part :lol:

Ryo Chan said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Soul Eater

Should placate the "I WANT NEW STUFFS" crowd. For a while.

is this where we start the "i want new "DECENT" stuff" crowds? :D
I'm staring a "Ta, this is a nice start, now where the **** is the other new stuffs that you C&D'd and where quite nice, I'd actauly pay money for Seto No Hanayome as it was an awesome series, come on Funi, don't dissapoint me again like you had no choice but to with One Piece" crowd.

And the finale was Eva 1.0. I'll be grabbing that for my collection.

Now to look forward to the 2009 announcements from the companies ;)

R

Glad with evangelion. Been wanting to watch it since I first heard of it.

But I've looked at the funi website- 2010 for slayers, late 2009 for Evangelion. Jeez they like taking their time :(

Hallelujah! I hope FUNi release some mega-awesome packaging for Evangelion. Like a wooden/tin collection, for all four movies. I'd so splash out. I'm expecting a Blu-ray release, but I know I'll be disappointed with it being region-locked...

...I am quite hyped for Soul Eater. It was getting really good, then I just left it and I suppose the correct thing for me to do now is wait for the official release. I wonder if they'll do an artbox for their collections ?!

Conan-san said:
Ryo Chan said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Soul Eater

Should placate the "I WANT NEW STUFFS" crowd. For a while.

is this where we start the "i want new "DECENT" stuff" crowds? :D
I'm staring a "Ta, this is a nice start, now where the **** is the other new stuffs that you C&D'd and where quite nice, I'd actauly pay money for Seto No Hanayome as it was an awesome series, come on Funi, don't dissapoint me again like you had no choice but to with One Piece" crowd.

well it took em 2 years to sort out Negima!?

but 2 weeks to sort out the Negima OAV

god know with funi anymore :D

Yes, let's hope these shows are done in a more timely mannor than Negima Season 2.

That or they release the subs in a timely mannor and get the dub done at thier leasure, see Shkibane Hime.

I am absolutely delighted with the news that Eva 1.0 is finally coming out over here! :]

I hope they keep the original dubbing cast, or at least the main characters VAs (especially Misato, Shinji, Rei, Asuka and Gendo). That's doubtful though, so I reckon I'll be sticking to the Japanese dub. I honestly can't imagine Shinji sounding differently in English!

Back